• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
And oh... I wish Lugia & Ho-Oh would hold more importance in the plot too... they were more like "oh look I'm here! come and catch me once you got my wing!"... it was fun but it was bland too, and it lost a certain 'epic' feel that the 3rd and 4th gens put in, haha.

Apparently, they changed the plot in HGSS, I hope that they include them more. However, they arent actually the main pokemon are they? I thought that was Suicune... I know Lugia and Ho-Oh are on the box, but i thought that the dogs played a much larger part

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
The bird trio is definitely not coming back in HG and SS.
They were already in Platinum.
Also, the birds were already captured by the time the 2nd generation started, so they wouldn't be in Kanto anymore.

Apparently, they changed the plot in HGSS, I hope that they include them more. However, they arent actually the main pokemon are they? I thought that was Suicune...
Suicune was the main Pokemon in Crystal.

However, I am betting the Suicune plot will be in, maybe altered and extended.

waterballoon

Aspiring Coordinator
Suicune was the main Pokemon in Crystal.

However, I am betting the Suicune plot will be in, maybe altered and extended.

Definitely, since there's Eusine... this makes me wonder if they'll make Unown/Ruins of Alph related to Suicune...

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

People, you do realise that if these birds were going to be in those games, they would have been shown by now alongside Rayquaza, Kyogre and Groundon, Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-oh, and also Raikou, Entei and Suicune on the board on Pokemon Sunday.

And plus wouldn't Coro coro have said something by now?
And come on, they were in Platinum, so they really wouldn't come back here.

Surely that board listed legendary pokémon that you can now use in the 2010 VGC?

Considering how it's been confirmed that the weather trio are allowed in the 2010 VGC and are lv.50, which was the maximum level, I'd say the same would be for Mewtwo as we know he is allowed in the VGC - He'll be lv.50.

Also about the 3 birds - I doubt they'll be in HGSS. If they were, they would not be in Platinum, because, think about it:
1) HeartGold and SoulSilver have been in development since D/P's release, so they'd obviously know what Pokémon were going to be in each game.
2) Platinum only had the Regi trio because their trios 'master' is a Sinnoh pokémon. So they have 4 trios in total - Dragons, Pixies, Golems and Birds
3) So far, we know HGSS will have two trios - Beasts and Weather. So if the birds were somehow going to be in HGSS, it would have made more sense if each game had 3 trios each, surely? ESPECIALLY considering how over-crowded Platinum was with legendaries anyway.

Mewtwo was not confirmed.
But common sense tells us it will be here.

It appeared on the board that showed wich legendaries would we allowed at WCS 2010.

Now, we assume they will keep the two rules from this year's WCS:

- Your Pokémon must be at Lv. 50.
- Your Pokémon must be caught in your own game.

We'd have to assume Mewtwo will be caught at Lv. 50 or less in HG/SS, since the only way to get it is at Lv. 70, in FR/LG.

Were the rules really that strict in Japan? As I saw no mention of the bolded rule on the American and European rules - especially considering as how when I entered the VGC my entire team came from my Diamond, yet I used my Pearl (as it was European). Also, I saw people using Lati@s, which would have had to be Pal Parked.

Last edited:

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
What's VGC and WCS??

On topic: I don't see what's the big deal about opposition to having the birds in, as there were multiple birds of each species.

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
images
Celebi.jpg

If they don't have celebi in some way or another i am going to be so freakin mad!!!!!!
Other than celebi i would like to see mew and/or mewtwo, Since you can get mewtwo in kanto why not get him in this. And without mew there would be no mewtwo.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
If they don't have celebi in some way or another i am going to be so freakin mad!!!!!!
Other than celebi i would like to see mew and/or mewtwo, Since you can get mewtwo in kanto why not get him in this. And without mew there would be no mewtwo.

Well, it hasnt been included before, so its hard to say... I dont think that they will though.

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
Which Pokemon are you talking about? Celebi, Mew, or Mewtwo? XD

IDK which one he's talking about but i guees celebi. Either way all of them would be difficult to try to see if they would be in the game. But Celebi just has to be in there. Somewhere...... y have mewtwo but not mew or celebi. Mew i understand but this is johto.(kanto included...) Celebi WILL be in there. i can feel it. mewtwo was like always in kanto so that's easy

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
Celebi will most likely be an event.. as long as it's WiFi I'm fine with that.

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
Celebi will most likely be an event.. as long as it's WiFi I'm fine with that.

I hope so too. What other pokemon would you be able to get as an event. If not a lot then Celebi's event needs to be huge like
big-exhibit-logo.jpg

Maybe somewhat like the movie. ANd you would have to battle for celebi. It hasn't happened yet so. You never know.............................................

Well, I'm guessing they'll just copy the Ilex Shrine event. Take the GS Ball to the Ilex Shrine, and a Celebi will attack. I can't remember what level it was, though.

Lugion

Celebi was level thirty, setting the precedent for the whole "Cute" legendary thing. All the in-game events have them at level 30.

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
Well, I'm guessing they'll just copy the Ilex Shrine event. Take the GS Ball to the Ilex Shrine, and a Celebi will attack. I can't remember what level it was, though.

Wel that would be a bit boring. Like someone else said, they need to have something epic. I'm hoping this would be it but the GS ball should have some kind of difficulty getting to and making. And they have that eusine guy in it and suicune has something to do with celebi so that is kinda like a backup fact that they would have celebii. The only other pokemon i can think of that should be in this is latias and latios. They haven't been in a game for sometime know.

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
There could be one in kanto and the other in johto. Ore they could be an event where you have to get them togehther, like reunite them.