• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Terry. T.

One and Only...
..both of them could run to other place..but ...needing them to open the cave could be seemply mean destroying that place entirely

Catch them, then go to Cerulean Cave and Rayquaza breaks out from a slumber (you need them in your team, obviously)

Catch them, then go to Cerulean Cave and Rayquaza breaks out from a slumber (you need them in your team, obviously)

It hasn't been comfirmed to be Cerulean Cave.

Last edited:

Terry. T.

One and Only...

Spirit of Darkness

I don't thik that Rayquaza is going to be in Cerulian Cave. I think that it will be in an island or Mt. Silver!

I think they'll be scattered across Kanto and Johto, regardless if the caves look the same, and have the same layout, chances are they will be in different locations.

I think that they are just upgraded versions of the Marina and Terra Caves, with a Ozone Cave thrown in for Rayquaza.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
I think they'll be scattered across Kanto and Johto, regardless if the caves look the same, and have the same layout, chances are they will be in different locations.

I think that they are just upgraded versions of the Marina and Terra Caves, with a Ozone Cave thrown in for Rayquaza.

Very possible

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
It's already been decided that both Groudon and Kyrogre probably will be in the same place in their respective games, and Rayquaza will be in that same place also once you bring the other two together.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
It's already been decided that both Groudon and Kyrogre probably will be in the same place in their respective games, and Rayquaza will be in that same place also once you bring the other two together.

Has it been confirmed? No. What Arcues, The Original One said is true. I think that an "Ozone Cave" could be in Ruins of Alph and then Groudon and Kyogre in the same place like Cinninbar because it is near water and land.

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
The locations might be different. Only the inside of the caves look lthe same. Did anyone think about that?

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Has it been confirmed? No. What Arcues, The Original One said is true. I think that an "Ozone Cave" could be in Ruins of Alph and then Groudon and Kyogre in the same place like Cinninbar because it is near water and land.

It has been more or less confirmed. Take a look at their page on the official site:
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/pokemon/02.html

Not a single bush or anything is different.

Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza all appear in Johto. We can tell by the fact that they all appear in the same cave, and that the cave is in Johto because of the Ruins of Alph music. There's no room for them at the Ruins of Alph. There's no purpose in putting a legendary Pokemon in a place that they weren't before. More than likely to will be in a brand new, stationary location. I bet it's a cave near the new Safari Zone.

Gokuzaru

GOLD, Master Of All
im sideing with kakashi. the caves are shown to be exactly the same, meaning that of course, they are the same.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

im sideing with kakashi. the caves are shown to be exactly the same, meaning that of course, they are the same.

Also, remember that back in R/S, the weather trio were in the same place on their respective games, Groudon and Kyogre were in the Cave of Origin in their respective games, and Rayquaza was in Sky Pillar during both of them. They wouldn't make such a drastic change as to program a whole new area for one specific game of a pair - they're both made off the same engine with the only differences being a few wild Pokémon, it would be too much hassle.

K-B-K

Ok so who all has been confirmed outside of the obvious johto legendaries and the weather trio? Is that them all or.... :\

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Ok so who all has been confirmed outside of the obvious johto legendaries and the weather trio? Is that them all or.... :\

Here's a list of confirmed legendaries in HGSS:

Confirmed: Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza
Arceus event: Dialga, Palkia, Giratina

Still being argued about: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo*
*Mind you, Mewtwo was not "officially" confirmed.

Unconfirmed: Mew, Celebi, Latias, Latios, Deoxys

Here's a list of legendaries in DPPt:

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres
Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Jirachi
Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Cresselia, Darkrai, Phione, Manaphy, Regigigas, Heatran, Shaymin, Arceus

Sohashi

Here's a list of confirmed legendaries in HGSS:

Confirmed: Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza
Arceus event: Dialga, Palkia, Giratina

Still being argued about: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo*
*Mind you, Mewtwo was not "officially" confirmed.

Unconfirmed: Mew, Celebi, Latias, Latios, Deoxys

Here's a list of legendaries in DPPt:

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres
Regirock, Reguce, Registeel, Jirachi
Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Cresselia, Darkrai, Phione, Manaphy, Regigigas, Heatran, Shaymin, Arceus

I don't ever remember jirachi being in platinum, may someone remind me?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I don't ever remember jirachi being in platinum, may someone remind me?

In Japan, a Jirachi was distributed through Wi-Fi few months ago, from June 19 to July 17.

This Jirachi has special moves and details not found in normal Jirachi. It is also the only way to get Jirachi in the current generation of games. You can later send this Jirachi over to Heart Gold & Soul Silver to access a new area in the PokéWalker called "Edge of the Night Sky".

Lugion

It isn't in America yet. It'll be released over WiFi probably after Shaymin's item.

dannydstk

In Japan, a Jirachi was distributed through Wi-Fi few months ago, from June 19 to July 17.

This Jirachi has special moves and details not found in normal Jirachi. It is also the only way to get Jirachi in the current generation of games. You can later send this Jirachi over to Heart Gold & Soul Silver to access a new area in the PokéWalker called "Edge of the Night Sky".

correction there was the tanabata 08 and 07 jirachi