• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Yeah, I would appreciate it if there was less legendaries. I mean its great and all but its just too much

onew

I don't really think that there are too many Legendary Pokemon in these games. It's pretty obvious that the next games they make won't have any of those pokemon available and they're moving away from GBA format with the DSi. Without them in HGSS, new players and those of us with out the GBA games won't be able to obtain them.

True. I don't really like the fact that there are too many legendaries available. Makes it more easier to obtain them all without relying on the 3rd gen games.
...that's the whole reason they put in all the legendaries...

I'm generally quite impressed with how much legands Game Freak has managed to cram in. From what I can gather the only legands NOT in this game are the Regis, The lake Trio, Heatran, Giritina, Cresselia and Darkrai. Not counting Celebi (Which is probably in anyway) and Mew. So yeah, impressive job :D
NONE of the Sinnoh legendaries are in, except for the fact that you get to choose a Dialga/Palkia/Giratina through an event method.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Holy crap there are 264 users looking at the HG/SS forum.... anyways, what is up with everyone not liking there being tons of legendaries? I love catching them

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
My fav. three legends, Mewtwo, Lugia and Rayquaza are all in the game!

I'm gonna catch all the legends thats for sure. And save up my masterball for a shiny legendary. If that doesnt happen then for maybe the Latis, the dogs or Mewtwo...

Trainer Emily

Fairies do exist!!!
It's a good thing for some legends to appear here in HG/SS...
Especially if we're trying to catch or find ones with the right nature and IVs... but this only works often in stationary legends...
Latias and Latios also appears, but unfortunately they still belong to those restless group AKA "The Runners", as with Entei and Raikou.
So it often means that their Nature and IVs are RANDOMLY preset after seeing them (Entei and Raikou) or after beating the Elite 4 (Latias and Latios).

Fortunately Suicune is stationary (although you have to "chase" it until it's "trapped like a rat").

And since the 3 Legendary birds and Mewtwo also come back, then it's also more easier to find them with the right natures (compared to FR/LG the Synchronize will already work on stationary Pokes in 4th Gen).

IMO, the Level 1 Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina are a bit unnecessary...and it's hard to know their IVs because they're Level 1.

Hope Celebi is in the Wifi event...

Trainer Emily

Fairies do exist!!!
It's a good thing for some legends to appear here in HG/SS...
Especially if we're trying to catch or find ones with the right nature and IVs... but this only works often in stationary legends...
Latias and Latios also appears, but unfortunately they still belong to those restless group AKA "The Runners", as with Entei and Raikou.
So it often means that their Nature and IVs are RANDOMLY preset after seeing them (Entei and Raikou) or after beating the Elite 4 (Latias and Latios).

Fortunately Suicune is stationary (although you have to "chase" it until it's "trapped like a rat").

And since the 3 Legendary birds and Mewtwo also come back, then it's also more easier to find them with the right natures (compared to FR/LG the Synchronize will already work on stationary Pokes in 4th Gen).

IMO, the Level 1 Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina are a bit unnecessary...and it's hard to know their IVs because they're Level 1.

Hope Celebi is in the Wifi event...

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
...that's the whole reason they put in all the legendaries...

Just because I don't like the idea of all the legendaries being in the game, doesn't mean I don't know why they are there...

I don't like =/= I don't know

AzureWatcher

Glacier Hugger
Oh boy. The legendaries will be there, don't fret. If everything gets worse you can always trade from D/P/Pt to Hg/Ss. Arceus is confirmed with the new movie coming out.(and his event). Shaymin will be there(might need to transfer) because of the flowering garden. The only legendaries I -don't- see are the regi's and the Lake Spirits.

Oh boy. The legendaries will be there, don't fret. If everything gets worse you can always trade from D/P/Pt to Hg/Ss. Arceus is confirmed with the new movie coming out.(and his event). Shaymin will be there(might need to transfer) because of the flowering garden. The only legendaries I -don't- see are the regi's and the Lake Spirits.
What?

Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Cresselia, Regigigas, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Heatran, Manaphy, and Phione are not in these games. As well as Deoxys, Jirachi, Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Celebi, and Mew. o_o

My only complaint was Celebi NOT in the games. Damn you GF! Such injustice.

At least its a -1 for all those people that were saying "This is a Crystal REMAKE!!!!!"

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I just wanted to bring this up, but...

Does anyone find it wierd that Zapdos doesn't get a Cave or Dungeon or whatever of some sort? I mean, Moltres gets it own spot at Mt. Silver, Articuno gets IT'S WHOLE DUNGEON BACK and Zapdos.... is just outside of a building.

Something went wrong thar

Alex Steiner

Collector

Does anyone find it wierd that Zapdos doesn't get a Cave or Dungeon or whatever of some sort? I mean, Moltres gets it own spot at Mt. Silver, Articuno gets IT'S WHOLE DUNGEON BACK and Zapdos.... is just outside of a building.

That does seem weird...and considering Lt Surge will be right there at certain times O_O

I don't know where you would put it though.

Yeah. You'd think they'd give it a special cave or something, since it's a legendary and all. Plus the power plant is still running, so why would it rest near all those people?

Also, has it been confirmed that both Latis are found in each game? Or are they version exclusives?

D*N

Musical Star
Yeah. You'd think they'd give it a special cave or something, since it's a legendary and all. Plus the power plant is still running, so why would it rest near all those people?

Also, has it been confirmed that both Latis are found in each game? Or are they version exclusives?

better have zapdos in the viridian forest or mt. moon or even a hidden room in the victory road.

I believe latias is a runner in hg and latios in ss.
the other lati you can catch in-game after some story with steven and the pewter musuem.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
I have a feeling the Mystery Crystal will be activated by connecting to a future spin-off game, ranger 3 or something...xD

Well it was rather obvious for all those legends to be in =)
Nothing unexpected for me... except that NONE of the events are <.<
I was sure Celebi would have an ingame event! And was hoping they'd put one in for Mew and Deoxys also... )=

The Dimension trio event is a nice idea GF pulled there (except for the requirement being an Arceus...)
Because it allows most of the gamers to make the number of dimension trio legends they have equal.
If you for example own Diamond and Platinum, you have:
2Dialgas
1Palkia
2Giratinas
so now you can get the second Palkia =P

Though they ruined it a bit by making them hold their orbs->the only way of getting the Griseous Orb in HGSS is by choosing Giratina... <<
But then again this is a plus for people who managed to not get Platinum xD

Lugia0wns

Pokémon Master
legendary pokemon

well, theres dialga palkia or giratina, you choose one from trading over the 12th movie acreus, all lv 1, Mewtwo lv 70, kyogre and groudon, lv 50, i think.