• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Heart Gold.

Aw so it's at level 45.

Thanks for the advice. I usually don't care about nature or IVs but I'd like to get the same results as you.

Aw so it's at level 45.

Thanks for the advice. I usually don't care about nature or IVs but I'd like to get the same results as you.

If you follow that step by step and Reset until you catch that poke on the very first Sweet Scent you will catch the exact same Ho-Oh. It's crazy good too!

Don't know if this counts as a legendary but it's very rare and you only get one >:p

147.png

Dratini
Male
Adamant
31/31/31/24/31/31
Extreme Speed / Thunder Wave / Twister / Dragon Rage

Pretty quick catch. It only took me like 45 mins. For anyone who cares...
1) I Answered the questions correctly, but did not accept the dratini at the time, and saved on my surfing pokemon right in front of the house with 4 pokes in my party
2) Set my date and time to 2051-07-27, 09:56:00
3) SR'd to start the game at e x a c t l y 09:57:00
4) sweet scented to check my seed, and found a L 14 Magikarp, however I did not catch it so I would still have 4 pokes in my party!!!
5) did 5 more sweet scents and then walked in the house and did 256 steps with 4 pokes in my party.
6) Talked to the old man again who gave me my dratini! :)

Goooodluck!

Booburn92

Heart Gold. I used the RNG Reporter to give me a time and date to "soft reset around" in order to get those IVs. Plus, I used the Reporter to tell me "how far off" I was, and then did certain actions in game to move me closer each time. That's why it took 20 SRs, as soon as I figured out what I needed to do to make Ho-Oh's IVs that, it only took one more SR.

If anybody cares to get that exact same Ho-Oh (without having to learn all that RNG crap >:p)

Note: You need a Jolly Syncher and a Sweet Scenter to do this!!!

1) Just keep setting your DS Date and time to 2004-12-31, 7:39:00, quickly get in game Save your game at the bottom of the ladder, not on the ladder, but one step back, with your pokemon t o y o u r s i d e.
2) Soft Reset and mash the A button like crazy at however many seconds before 7:40:00 that it takes you to enter the game at E X A C T L Y 7:40:00 (usually 14 seconds before the minute for me).
3) Sweet Scent, if the pokemon that comes up is a L 20 Rattata with the IVs 29/27/1/6/4/0, then proceed, if not, Reset your DS time and try again till you get this far
4) Do exactly 5 more sweet scents and run from each poke, then turn up and down in place exactly 36 times.
5) Go up the ladder and catch Ho-Oh. He A B S O L U T E L Y W I L L be Jolly, 31/31/31/29/31/31 if you did everything exactly as I said.

I realize that was complicated, but that's what I did to "trick" the game into giving me that Ho-Oh. If anybody repeats those steps exactly like I did, they will come out with the exact same results. However, if you're not used to this kind of thing, it will probably take you a whole lot of tries to get it right. However, most people here Soft Reset 2000+ times anyway. This way, you'll be soft resetting towards a specific goal.

So the RNG behaves in relatively the same way as DPP? This is slightly off-topic, but it has to do with catching the legendaries. Ho-oh is method K, correct? I found a spread of 31 / 31 / 22 / 6 / 31 / 31 and an Adamant nature, with a seed of 010B0263, using an Adamant Synchronizer. I then put that seed into the "Seed to Time" section, and made my year 2005 to match with my 606 delay. Am I doing this correct? I tried to RNG my Member's Card Darkrai back in Platinum, but I didn't come prepared and was stuck in that dream, so I had to simple SR for a Timid one.

That's an awesome Dratini BTW.

So the RNG behaves in relatively the same way as DPP? This is slightly off-topic, but it has to do with catching the legendaries. Ho-oh is method K, correct? I found a spread of 31 / 31 / 22 / 6 / 31 / 31 and an Adamant nature, with a seed of 010B0263, using an Adamant Synchronizer. I then put that seed into the "Seed to Time" section, and made my year 2005 to match with my 606 delay. Am I doing this correct? I tried to RNG my Member's Card Darkrai back in Platinum, but I didn't come prepared and was stuck in that dream, so I had to simple SR for a Timid one.

That's an awesome Dratini BTW.

Ummm... if you need any help please PM or VM (prefered) me, but your delay is off. In HG/SS it's somewhere around 490ish, unless you use some kind of timer to hit higher delays (I don't). Actually though, if you want an adamant spread, use this seed f6090220. That's the seed I used for that dratini. It's got a better Def IV. You'll need an adamant syncher, but that spread I used for my dratini will show up 14 times between frames 249 and 305, so you ought to be able to hit it. :p If you need any further help, let's not spam up this thread though x_X

kingofmaelstroms

thay have already shown the other legendaries on serebii.net

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
when it hits the u.s you can be sure it'll be at stupidass freaking 'toys r us'. :mad:

AbsolKnight66

The Knight of Dark
Ok, my bets are on:
Deoxys
Dialga/Palkia/Giratina (confirmed) (Shinto Ruins Event)
Celebi
Suicune
Entei
Raikou

ijea4444

Heart Gold. I used the RNG Reporter to give me a time and date to "soft reset around" in order to get those IVs. Plus, I used the Reporter to tell me "how far off" I was, and then did certain actions in game to move me closer each time. That's why it took 20 SRs, as soon as I figured out what I needed to do to make Ho-Oh's IVs that, it only took one more SR.

If anybody cares to get that exact same Ho-Oh (without having to learn all that RNG crap >:p)

Note: You need a Jolly Syncher and a Sweet Scenter to do this!!!

1) Just keep setting your DS Date and time to 2004-12-31, 7:39:00, quickly get in game Save your game at the bottom of the ladder, not on the ladder, but one step back, with your pokemon t o y o u r s i d e.
2) Soft Reset and mash the A button like crazy at however many seconds before 7:40:00 that it takes you to enter the game at E X A C T L Y 7:40:00 (usually 14 seconds before the minute for me).
3) Sweet Scent, if the pokemon that comes up is a L 20 Rattata with the IVs 29/27/1/6/4/0, then proceed, if not, Reset your DS time and try again till you get this far
4) Do exactly 5 more sweet scents and run from each poke, then turn up and down in place exactly 36 times.
5) Go up the ladder and catch Ho-Oh. He A B S O L U T E L Y W I L L be Jolly, 31/31/31/29/31/31 if you did everything exactly as I said.

I realize that was complicated, but that's what I did to "trick" the game into giving me that Ho-Oh. If anybody repeats those steps exactly like I did, they will come out with the exact same results. However, if you're not used to this kind of thing, it will probably take you a whole lot of tries to get it right. However, most people here Soft Reset 2000+ times anyway. This way, you'll be soft resetting towards a specific goal.

So its not specific to ID/SIDs ? As in, this works with any ID/SID?

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies

ijea4444

Why was the Deoxys event an exception? never understood why...

Wasn't it because most american events are TRU, but deoxys was the only Gamestop event.(by only i mean only in the 4th gen, IDK about any other gen)

EDIT: Oh yea, mattj, I guess I just confused it with everything else because I always heard it around RNG talk. Lol, thanks for clearing it up for me.

Last edited:
244.png

Entei
Timid
30/31/30/31/31/31 HP Ice 70

T_T My Gawd. RNGing it by killing it, then beating the E4 to respawn it is amazingly annoying, especially with that 1 stupid NPC in the E4 lobby. Took me hours to figure him out. I went with HP I cuz I already had an easy seed for it (for HG) and I already knew how many sweet scents to do and almost how many turns in place too, since I used the same seed for my Raikou, so it was much faster for me. :p However, I'm not going to list the "how too" for this one because if anybody wants one, I suggest abusing for it like I did my Raikou (a page or 2 back), not the way I did this one (after beating the e4 and all).

I'll probably give him 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef, teach him Eruption / Heat Wave / Solar Beam / HP (Ice 70), scarf or specs him and use him on a Doubles SD team. I used a Typhlosion very similar to this for Nationals and Worlds (though it wasn't RNG'd), so this should work just fine. :)

I'm so glad the dogs in HG/SS aren't broken like in FR/LG, and are abusable unlike in Collo! ^.^ With good dogs like this running around, maybe their usage will finally go up! xD

[edit]
Don't feel like bumping a dead thread but...

380.png

Latias
Modest
31/31/31/31/31/31

It took me all day to hit my friggin seed, but as soon as I did I had it. I've already got Negator's great Timid one, so i thought I'd go for modest this time. :p If you don't care about dates, there's an uuber easy seed for this within the "normal" button mashing delay range for HG/SS.

This was the first time the radio worked for me. Kind of at least. The bottom right button still didn't do anything, but the bottom left one advanced my frame by 3 at a time consistently.

This was the "in game" one. I've still gotta get around to downloading the Enigma crystal. Does anybody know how long that thing's gonna be around?

[edit 2]
Again, wouldn't want to bump a dead topic, but...

151.png

Mew
Modest
31/31/31/31/31/31

I was hoping for some kind of +speed nature, but after 8+ hours of SRing, and considering the fact that I'll never use Mew "competitively" and that I need to move on in HG, I decided to stop with this one. Besides. How many people have a flawless Modest Mew? Quite a few here in a bit. This one's fully redis. :p

BTW, if anyone wants an easy seed for flawless IVs, but doesn't care about dates (me), use this...
5d000242
I put it on a monday and detuned the bottom left button 50 times in the Cerulean City Shop where there were no moving NPCs *thankyousweetJesus!*

Last edited:

lastdays

they better have a celebi event. i was so ****** i couldnt get that gs ball or whatever it was back in gsc and because of it i couldnt legitly complete my pokedex. i hope its on wi fi as well since theres no TRU where i live.

OmniRo

Banned
they better have a celebi event. i was so ****** i couldnt get that gs ball or whatever it was back in gsc and because of it i couldnt legitly complete my pokedex. i hope its on wi fi as well since theres no TRU where i live.

Don't you worry about that.They will have a Celebi Event and it will probably be available on the Wifi.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Don't you worry about that.They will have a Celebi Event and it will probably be available on the Wifi.

Seeing as there will be a movie with Celebi in it next year, it'll be distributed in Japanese theatres to promote the film, not via Wi-Fi.

I hope they do decide to distribute Celebi thru Wi-Fi here in the UK, they only distribute the Celebi thru GAME, and theres only 16 possible places to download it. Wi-Fi would just be so easier, and then you would have the Celebi in GAME, with some other random event Pokemon, I could run this events thing better than Nintendo.