• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Orcy

i dont see why anything has to come as an event.

also if they can give us event pokemon then why not story things aka dp has the galactica building. why not make them rob somewhere?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
i dont see why anything has to come as an event.

Without an event, how the heck would we have gotten legendary Pokemon like Arceus?

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
it hasn't been released yet as far as I know.
don't where he got that...

Without an event, how the heck would we have gotten legendary Pokemon like Arceus?

In game. Just like Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Ho-oh, Lugia, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Latios (SS), Latias (HG), Raikou, Entei, Suicune, etc, etc, etc...

Events are just a promotions gimick to keep interest in the game and to draw crowds to certain shops.

I believe that if it's gonna be an event, it ought to have ZERO competitive advantage like the 09 Worlds Weavile. It had no moves on it that you couldn't breed onto it. Unlike the Jirachi with Draco Meteor, or Wish Blissey, etc... It's unfair to competitive players who cannot make it to wherever that happens to be, or who don't get into the game until after the event is over (me).

Lorde

In game. Just like Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Ho-oh, Lugia, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Latios (SS), Latias (HG), Raikou, Entei, Suicune, etc, etc, etc...

Events are just a promotions gimick to keep interest in the game and to draw crowds to certain shops.

I believe that if it's gonna be an event, it ought to have ZERO competitive advantage like the 09 Worlds Weavile. It had no moves on it that you couldn't breed onto it. Unlike the Jirachi with Draco Meteor, or Wish Blissey, etc... It's unfair to competitive players who cannot make it to wherever that happens to be, or who don't get into the game until after the event is over (me).

Did you see that I put down Arceus?

Arceus isn't found ingame, same with Shaymin, Darkrai, Manaphy, Deoxys, Mew, etc. in Gen 4 (You can get a few by hacking the item and the event but those do not count).

R_N

events are there to make things special.

They don't care that you may or may not be able to make it, that's your problem. It's a little special thing for people that can make it, something they can bring home and use (in a videogame, but still!)

Then you get the free publicity for whatever the event is attached to and hopefully more sales.

Did you see that I put down Arceus?

Arceus isn't found ingame, same with Shaymin, Darkrai, Manaphy, Deoxys, Mew, etc. in Gen 4 (You can get a few by hacking the item and the event but those do not count).
...what?

The Member's Card and Oak's Letter have been released, and so will the Azure Flute. You can get them...

And hacking an item and then catching the Pokemon sounds okay to me.

BrandonLemon

Event collector
yea ive seen pics of the hoehn ruby/sapphire legendarys battled and locations even dialga palkia and arceus (Thanks to Serebii.net of course)

Lorde

...what?

The Member's Card and Oak's Letter have been released, and so will the Azure Flute. You can get them...

And hacking an item and then catching the Pokemon sounds okay to me.

I asked, that without events (ingame ones that activate with items or otherwise), how would we get rare Pokemon like Arceus and the others. I wasn't saying that you couldn't get them now, I was asking how it would be possible to attain them had there not been events.

That was in response to someone who didn't seem to care about them.

Last edited:
I asked, that without events (ingame ones that activate with items or otherwise), how would we get rare Pokemon like Arceus and the others. I wasn't saying that you couldn't get them now, I was asking how it would be possible to attain them had there not been events.

OH. I'm pretty sure the person meant that they would like the event Pokemon to be readily available. As in, you can just catch them like all other legendaries.

Trust me, I care about them. I just don't see why they shouldn't be "in game". There's no reason they "couldn't" be. It's just TPCi's choice.

[edit]
Gawd it's so slow here. :p

382.png

Kyogre
L50 UT
Timid
31/31/31/30/30/31
Hidden Power Ground 70

Heck Yeah

I tried and tried this entire week to work with a seed that had a "normal" HG/SS delay, but a rediculously high frame (5100ish-5200ish). I'm a really patient guy, and I've done even higher delays before, but for some reason, either I couldn't cound 92 Sweet Scents consisitently, or the frame advancements were inconsistent on the same seed. Up to this point they have been 100% consistent, so I assume it is the former. Whatever, Pikachu25 asked me if I would give his new timer a whirl, and I said "Meh, what I'm doing now isn't working..." so I found a seed with a higher delay and muuuuuuch lower frames (290ish and up), took a few hours to get "used" to this new method of RNG, and viola! Here she is (kyogre is a she :p)

Kyogre doesn't exactly need a HP, but with Ice Beam covering Grass, I figured, why not cover electric with HP Ground?

Last edited:

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Finally got around to watching the Arceus event and man is it creepy! It looks kinda wierd that it has real life images. Just doesn't seem to fit to me imo.

Finally got around to watching the Arceus event and man is it creepy! It looks kinda wierd that it has real life images. Just doesn't seem to fit to me imo.

??? I was gonna skip that! Now I'm gonna have to see it!

Newest HG Legend I just caught...

BAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAA!!!!

xD

384.png

Rayquaza
Jolly
31/31/31/0/31/31
L50 UT
Gonna give it 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP (lolz!) and teach it Dragon Claw / Earthquake / Exteme Speed / Protect and probably sash it.

Only took me 12 SRs thanks to Pikachu25's awesome lil timer thingy:p Because of his timer I was able to give it a reasonable date too!

ijea4444

exuse me, i'm a freaking girl!

and frankly, i don't give a crap about my buisness sense.
and yeah, i've seen older people at TRU but people gave my one friend, who's like 3 years older than him a look, at the last event.
call me paranoid, but that's what i'm getting at.
damn...so, "sorry", man but nobody hit your buzzer on that matter.
That wasn't directed towards you at all.

Yet another flawless Legendary RNG from HG! ^.^

gbg150.gif

Mewtwo
Timid
31/14/31/31/31/31
L70 UT
Gonna Orb or Sash it, give it 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP and teach it Ice Beam / Thunder / Aura Sphere / Shadow Ball (hit's eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverything! TWICE OVER!)

This one was actually pretty easy. Only took 15 SRs to hit my seed with Pikachu25's lil timer thingy, and I figured out that detuning on the bottom L station once got me "almost consistently" to my target frame (7).

Now I can finally reset my HG cart and re-runthrough it for alternate versions! :D

ijea4444

Yet another flawless Legendary RNG from HG! ^.^

gbg150.gif

Mewtwo
Timid
31/14/31/31/31/31
L70 UT
Gonna Orb or Sash it, give it 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP and teach it Ice Beam / Thunder / Aura Sphere / Shadow Ball (hit's eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverything! TWICE OVER!)

This one was actually pretty easy. Only took 15 SRs to hit my seed with Pikachu25's lil timer thingy, and I figured out that detuning on the bottom L station once got me "almost consistently" to my target frame (7).

Now I can finally reset my HG cart and re-runthrough it for alternate versions! :D

Great job! You're really motivating me to attempt RNGing. I attempted before but it was apparently at bad timing. I might attempt again once I get my laptop back and therefore constant access to the computer again. For now I have to resort the Wii/Living room computer. But lol now I'm getting off topic. lol.

R_N

You people and your RNG methods.

In my day, we reset until we caught one, maybe with a different nature and took what we could get!
Both ways!
Through the snow!

Flaws build character character!

You people and your RNG methods.

In my day, we reset until we caught one, maybe with a different nature and took what we could get!
Both ways!
Through the snow!

Flaws build character character!

Hey, trust me, I did it that way too, and honestly, if you're team works good enough together, having a crappy Def IV or whatever can be compensated for. I'd just like a free trip to Hawaii next year (sig).

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!