• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Legendary pokemon are vital parts of every pokemon game. These games are obviously centered around Ho-oh and Lugia, and we are also probably getting the legendary dogs like in the original ones. But since the Gold and Silver were released, other legendaries have been revealed. So what other legendaries do you expect finding in the games? And for those ones we know, i.e. Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, where and at what levels do you expect to find them?

Discuss.

249.png
250.png

mewmew202

I don't believe we will be able to obtain any of the new legendaries within the game. They are available in all the other games and it would be pointless to have them in this one. The only event pokemon I can see being obtainable in HG/SS is Celebi, at either toys R us or Wi-fi. Maybe at a low level like the mew giveaway a few years back. I think that we'd find the legendary dogs at level 40 and Ho-oh/Lugia at 40 or 70 depending on the game like before. I don't see what reason they would have to change it personally.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I expect Ho-oh and Lugia to be in the same postions as G/S at level 50 as for the dog I think they will runners again at lvl 40 but I would prefer set postion for them

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
I personaly dont think any new legendarys will appear. (except for celebi)

Lugia and ho-oh would be at the same levels the dogs would be lv 40 runners.

maybe mew will get an island like in emerald/FR/LG but I doubt it.

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
I'd be well and fine with just being able to catch Lugia, Ho-oh, and the three roaming legends, but of course, a Celebi event would make me (and many others) quite happy.

Now if I wanted to see one of the newer legends to be caught prior to getting the National Dex, I wouldn't mind if they allowed another chance at capturing Mewtwo in the Cerulean Cave (which was normally blocked off in G/S/C), or for one of the newer legends, perhaps Cresselia.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I would have to place my bets on:
Lugia and Ho-Oh will be encountered on their respective versions at lv.47 (like Dialga, Palkia and Giratina in their respective versions), while in the opposite versions (e.g. Ho-Oh in SoulSilver) will be lv.70, just as Dialga and Palkia were in Platinum and Groudon and Kyogre were in Emerald, also weren't they lv.70 in the original Gold and Silver?

Legendary Beasts - I would have to say they will roam at around level 50, as all runners post-Lati@s have, it would also fit better into the game if they did choose to alter the levels of opponent's pokemon to make it harder.

As for additional legendaries, Celebi will 99% be in the game as an event. I would expect to encounter it at around level 30, as with the Faraway Island Mew and Flower Paradise Shaymin of past games.

As for other legendaries being in the game, beyond those it goes into speculation. All the trios will be available in the fourth generation following this game, so I doubt we'd see any of those. The white rock in Kanto thing raises questions, as they did re-use events in Firered and Leafgreen for Emerald, so we may see Shaymin again. Also, I'm a bit confused as to why they've announced this game, but no Arceus WiFi event for Platinum, which makes me think that either they will delay the GS Ball event (which considering how close the Secret Key event was to Platinum's release seems unlikely) that Arceus might also be available in this game, which would actually bring the total up to three, putting it the same as DPt and one behind Emerald (I see no reason to add in Darkrai really). However, Arceus may be a bit of a dodgy move, as it is linked deeply into Sinnoh's mythology, which is why I don't expect to see Groudon, Kyogre or Rayquaza in these games.

Alloute

Not Banned
I think every Pokemon that is considered legendary in Johto (except Celebi), will be found in the same spot.

But, I think they'll add Shaymin/Arceus to the remakes, like how they added Deoxys to LeafGreen/FireRed.

R_N

I could see the Lati@s being released in the post-game.
Since, hey, if the birds can be running around Sinnoh (also a legendary dog running around Kanto 3 years earlier........) why can't the bird...dragon...twin....things be running around Johto/Kanto

One thing I'd like to see are special held items for the runners- Equip it to your lead pokemon and go to a certain route that might be close to Ecruteak or something, and the runner will appear. Otherwise, it'd be the standard runner-stuff. The beasts should be level 45-50 (probably 50), and Ho-oh/Lugia at the same 40/70 as in the original games.

I would hope for Latios and Latias (one or the other, honestly) to appear in each game, again with the special held item clause as well as something to unlock 'em. Celebi would be nice to have available as well, and I almost think Jirachi might become some sort of event pokemon too. Since I've neither fought one or seen anyone that has either of the latter two, I'm not really sure what level they should be at when found.

Ryo

o rly?
I wouldn't mind seeing the Lati@s pair being version exclusives roaming around Kanto.
Latios for HeartGold and Latias for SoulSilver.

Edit: Dangit, SnowyArticuno beat me to it. :p

I'd actually like to see Latias and Latios as runners after you get the National Dex, and Cerulean Cave opened up, to allow access to Mewtwo.

Armored Zangoose

Ho-oh and Lugia at Levels 40 and 70 depending on the game, and the Legendary Dogs at Lv 30 and running.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mewtwo around Level 70 back in Cerulean Cave or Celebi around level 10/20 after you get the National Dex(if they have it).

I wouldn't mind seeing Latios and/or Latias(possibly depending on the game) as running pokemon.

Legadary Pokemon... The Dogs and Lugia&Ho-oh will, undoubtfully, be making an appearance. Maybe Celebi, too. But others? Nah, maybe not. I can't picture any other Legends other than the already mentioned ones. Platinum already has tons and TONS of Legendaries, as it is. We don't need anymore like the Birds or something... Am I missing any other Pokemon? I forgot...

EDIT: Actually, as already mentioned, the Latias/Latios thing sounds like a good idea.

Last edited:

I think every Pokemon that is considered legendary in Johto (except Celebi), will be found in the same spot.

But, I think they'll add Shaymin/Arceus to the remakes, like how they added Deoxys to LeafGreen/FireRed.

Actually, Deoxys was a LeafGreen/FireRed event later added into Emerald =3.

Lati@s being in the game is an interesting idea, considering Gen I and Gen III run on the same timeline, one could say they that the non-version exclusive Lati@s fled to Kanto after the elite four, leaving the other one in Hoenn (Latios from Ruby going to Kanto), and as there are two versions, both of them go to Kanto ready for Generation II/IV

Phioneranchman

Brock was pushover!
I think it would be neat to have in game events for Celebi, Mew, Shaymin, and Jirachi. That would be all the event legendaries and then they could end it there. I don't see the need to flood it with legendaries ala Platinum.

fozza9448

I think that we'll find ho-oh and lugia at lvl 50 but dunno where and if most likely we r goin to get the dogs after the E4 then they'll more likely gonna be lvl40-60

brisngr9021

VVV Post VVV
I swear if they pull a FR/LG on us and change the where-abouts of a legendary I may have to punch somebody >_>
(Moltres)
But, I expect to see Ho-oh/Lugia (DUH), the Dogs, Unknown (it's still considered legend, right?) and Celebi for at least the Jhoto Dex, afterwords maybe some wi-fi exclusives could be allowed, seeing as some people, like me, live nowhere near a Toys 'R' Us, and refuse to drive 2+ hours to get some pixels on a video game. Mew, Jirachi (my gamecube destroyed my copy of Pokemon Channel, then it died), and maybe even the... Latis could be introduced to the game, because some people will of course of a DSi and not a Lite or original, all their friends may dislike pokemon, and not have wifi. So could the weather beasts for the same reasons.
Unlikely:
Regis, Platinum
Deities, Platinum/DP
Birds, Platinum
Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf/, Platinum/DP

share your opinion, if you must

xXBlastBurnXx

Heres my predictions on legendarys and their locations:
Mewtwo-Cerulean Cave-Lv70
Raikou-Runner-Lv45
Entei-Runner-45
Suicune-Runner-45-50
Ho-oh(HeartGold Version Exclusive)-Burned Tower-Lv47
Lugia(SoulSilver Version Exclusive)-Whirl Islands-Lv47
Celebi(Nintendo Event Exclusive)-Illex Forest
Shaymin(nintendo event)-White Rock in Kanto

Heres my predictions on legendarys and their locations:
Mewtwo-Cerulean Cave-Lv70
Raikou-Runner-Lv45
Entei-Runner-45
Suicune-Runner-45-50
Ho-oh(HeartGold Version Exclusive)-Burned Tower-Lv47
Lugia(SoulSilver Version Exclusive)-Whirl Islands-Lv47
Celebi(Nintendo Event Exclusive)-Illex Forest
Shaymin(nintendo event)-White Rock in Kanto

I doubt they'd change Ho-Oh to HeartGold exclusive and Lugia to SoulSilver exclusive. Remember, both of them were available in a single game, just one was caught pre-E4 and another was post-E4. As for Mewtwo...it is plausible, as that would leave Mew as the only Gen I legendary not available in Gen IV

King David

I'm the king, baby
I think a cool subquest for the Kanto part of the game could revolve around Deoxys... we all know Gold and Silver's kanto needs fleshing out, and what better way to do that then have it in mortal danger from a scary alien?