• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Toxic Spikes

Battle Mechanics
Suicune in Tin Tower - lv. 40
Raikou and Entei roaming Johto - lv. 40
Ho-oh in Tin Tower (Heartgold) - lv. 50 (Soulsilver) - lv. 70
Lugia in Whirl Ilands (Heartgold) - lv. 70 (Soulsilver) - lv. 70
Latias and Latios roaming Kanto - lv. 45
Celebi in Ilex Forest - lv. 15
Zapdos in Power Plant - lv. 50
Moltres in Victory Road - lv. 50
Articuno in ice Cave - lv. 50
Rotom in Radio Tower (Kanto) - lv. 20

Ho-oh in Tin Tower (Heartgold) - lv. 50 (Soulsilver) - lv. 70
Lugia in Whirl Ilands (Heartgold) - lv. 70 (Soulsilver) - lv. 70

Why does Lugia get special treatment, shouldn't they both be Lvl. 50 in their own games, and then Lvl. 70 in the opposing game?

Elxar

Here are my Ideas for legendary Pokemon in the game.

Ho-oh and Lugia should be in the same place requiring the wings but they shoul be at lvl. 47 or higher. The other can be obtained by getting the other wing (I hope It wont be an event item this time but like in the old games)

The 3 beast roaming Johto (lvl. 40-50)

Latios and Latias should roam Kanto this time replacing the 3 birds.

Possible Event Pokemons
Celebi (Ilex Forest)
Mewtwo (unlocking Cerulean cave)
Mew
Jirachi
Deoxys

ForeverFlame

Am I the only one who thinks that Gamefreak will make Lugia and Ho-Oh version exclusive? They aren't like they were ten years ago. These days they abuse every little detail like mad to ensure that we end up having to find someone with the other version.

Even with Platinum, they cut out all of the version exclusives that were in DP to ensure that you end up finding someone with (or buying) the older versions.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Am I the only one who thinks that Gamefreak will make Lugia and Ho-Oh version exclusive? They aren't like they were ten years ago. These days they abuse every little detail like mad to ensure that we end up having to find someone with the other version.

You aren't the only one, for sure. However, these are remakes of Gold and Silver, so I'm guessing the "multiple box legendary factor" will stay relatively the same. After all, it was a pretty large portion of the original Gold and Silver. They honestly have only a few reasons to take the factor out.

Rai Rai

The Playful Ancient
I just wanna see a Mew added. Which, if they add Celebi and Jirachi, seems to be possible.

I really only want Mew and Celebi added, but I dunno if they will add more or not.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Besides the obvious Lugia, Ho-oh, dogs and Celebi...

Mewtwo stuck back in Cerulean cave would be nice.
If we're in Kanto, it should go without saying the birds should be there. I'm not desperate to catch them again, but I wouldn't mind.

Lati@s seems like a good idea, just because I'd like another shot at them. This is rather unreasonable at first, but I'd like for them not to be roaming-- but if they are, Kanto seems an ideal location. If both are included, it'd be nice to have them roaming one at a time.

Jirachi would be nice too. It's not something I'm expecting, but it would be a nice surprise. There's been a lot of speculation about the white rock, but people seem to think the Kanto white rock must be connected to Shaymin. But does anyone remember the white rock near the space station in Hoenn? It was a bit different, but similar nonetheless, and seems to denote that not every white rock we see has to be related to the appearance of a Shaymin.

Rotom at the radio tower is an interesting idea I've heard too. Not necessary, but certainly a clever one. I'd name it Three Dog.

Don't think Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza will be in, though. That just seems to be a bit much.

12Medbe

Here's my thoughts

-Suicune - Tin Tower - Level 60
- Raikou - Roams Kanto - Level 50
- Entei - Roams Johto - Level 50 - But Battle first it can't be caught yet, I'll explain.

-MewTwo - New Poke-Gym like Island - Level 80 (I'll explain the New Island Thing)
-Mew - Same Island - Level 80

The Whirl Islands should be extended, consisting of 5 Islands. An Ice Whirl Island, a Tropical Whirl Island, a Thunderous Island, An Anciet Ruin Island and Mystical Island.

- Articuno - Ice - Level 60
- Zapdos - Thunderous - Level 60
- Moltres - Tropical - Level 60
- Lugia - Mystical Island - Level 75

I'll also explain why there aren't any legendaries on Ancient Ruin Whirl Island.

Ho-Oh - Tin Tower - Level 75

***The Birds Explanation***
Team Rocket should have a Bigger Role, so once you encounter Articuno, Team Rocket comes in and steals it, The Events of Pokemon 2000 The Movie unfold, bird after bird, then Lugia awakens, and starts to battle Team Rocket, It Psychicly tells you to go to the Ancient Ruin Island, when you do, Slowking will tell you to about 3 Orbs you need to find in Johto, Once the events end and the peace is restored, Giovanni will be watching from Cinawood City, impressed with Team Rocket and He'll come with his helicopter and take them to Kanto.

After the Events, Lugia will allow you to catch it, considering you helped it with the 3 birds, but in order to catch the 3 birds, you'll have to battle them.

***The Mewtwo & Mew Explanation***
Red disturbed Mewtwo and inhabited an island south of Kanto, Mewtwo starts training, once Gold gets to the Island, Mewtwo Strikes Back events happen, but before Gold can stop Mewtwo from his rage, The Events of Mewtwo Returns Happens with Team Rocket trying to catch Mewtwo. Silver and Gold can help mewtwo by fighting Giovanni. after those Events, Giovanni rushes to the Celadon Game Corner.

***Entei Explanation***
There should be a certain amount of times you should battle Entei until it rushes to The Ruins of Alph, When that happens, go to the ruins and there will be Tv Newscasters and many trainers (including the R/S/E and Red), just watching the events of Pokemon 3 The Movie unfold, They will let you into the Ruins which are crystalized, The Unown and Entei will be inside. That's all I've thought up so far.

pichu96

And I also think that, Articuno, Zapdos, & Moltres will roam around Johto just like in Platinum!

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
I still say these need to be worked in somehow:

Rayquaza
Kyogre
Groudon

Assuming the Lati's make an appearance as roamers and Jirachi, Mew, and Celebi get wifi events those 3 above are the only legendaries not obtainable in a DS game without the aid of a GBA. So I doubt they'd be left out.

Torpoleon

I still say these need to be worked in somehow:

Rayquaza
Kyogre
Groudon

Assuming the Lati's make an appearance as roamers and Jirachi, Mew, and Celebi get wifi events those 3 above are the only legendaries not obtainable in a DS game without the aid of a GBA. So I doubt they'd be left out.
How would teh Lati's make an appearance in HGSS as roamers. In R/S/E, they did not make any mention whatsoever about the Lati's being migrated to Johto in R/S/E.

RUBBADUCKY

execute order 66
id like to see a recolored or somehow different manaphy egg worked in like they used to do with lego. randomly put in a special promo piece in 100 of the millions of made sets. but cheats would ruin the rarety. like arceus isnt a rare pokemon thanks to cheats. cheats just ruin the funnest part of pokemon games

The Whirl Islands should be extended, consisting of 5 Islands. An Ice Whirl Island, a Tropical Whirl Island, a Thunderous Island, An Anciet Ruin Island and Mystical Island.

Zapdos in Power Plant - lv. 50
Moltres in Victory Road - lv. 50
Articuno in ice Cave - lv. 50

Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are already available in Platinum; what's the point of including them in HGSS? I'd rather see the weather trio, Mewtwo, or Mew over them.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
How would teh Lati's make an appearance in HGSS as roamers. In R/S/E, they did not make any mention whatsoever about the Lati's being migrated to Johto in R/S/E.
Nor did anything say that Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos moved to Sinnoh. Anything can happen.

Obvious
Lugia Lv.47/70(Whirl islands;Use silver wing)
Ho-oh Lv.47/70(Tin tower;Use rainbow wing)
Entei/Raikou/Suicune(Whichever one is strong against you starter;Tin tower;Post-E4)Lv.60
Entei/Raikou/Suicune(The other two;Roams;Post-E4)Lv.50
Celebi(Ilex shrine;Use GS ball)Lv.30
Possible
Mew(Faraway island;Need old sea map)Lv.30
Mewtwo(Cerulean cave;Beat Kanto E4)Lv.70
Lati@s(Roams;Watch news report and tell Mom what color the pokemon was;Get national dex)Lv.60
Deoxys(Birth island;Need Aurora ticket)Lv.50
Jirachi(White stone;Birch's report;Get national dex)Lv.40
Unlikely
Groudon(Cinnabar volcano;After getting the national dex, Birch visits Elm's lab and tells you about a massive drought around Cinnabar volcano)Lv.70
Kyogre(Whirl islands;Same thing except for a massive storm around the whirl islands)Lv.70
Rayquaza(Catch both Kyogre and Groudon and bring them to the top of the tin tower)Lv.80
Eggs
Manaphy(Not obtaniable;Can only get egg through event)Lv. Egg
Phione(Breed Manaphy with Ditto)Lv. Egg

Last edited:

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
Here's my thoughts

-Suicune - Tin Tower - Level 60
- Raikou - Roams Kanto - Level 50
- Entei - Roams Johto - Level 50 - But Battle first it can't be caught yet, I'll explain.

-MewTwo - New Poke-Gym like Island - Level 80 (I'll explain the New Island Thing)
-Mew - Same Island - Level 80

I'll also explain why there aren't any legendaries on Ancient Ruin Whirl Island.

Ho-Oh - Tin Tower - Level 75

***The Birds Explanation***
Team Rocket should have a Bigger Role, so once you encounter Articuno, Team Rocket comes in and steals it, The Events of Pokemon 2000 The Movie unfold, bird after bird, then Lugia awakens, and starts to battle Team Rocket, It Psychicly tells you to go to the Ancient Ruin Island, when you do, Slowking will tell you to about 3 Orbs you need to find in Johto, Once the events end and the peace is restored, Giovanni will be watching from Cinawood City, impressed with Team Rocket and He'll come with his helicopter and take them to Kanto.

After the Events, Lugia will allow you to catch it, considering you helped it with the 3 birds, but in order to catch the 3 birds, you'll have to battle them.

***The Mewtwo & Mew Explanation***
Red disturbed Mewtwo and inhabited an island south of Kanto, Mewtwo starts training, once Gold gets to the Island, Mewtwo Strikes Back events happen, but before Gold can stop Mewtwo from his rage, The Events of Mewtwo Returns Happens with Team Rocket trying to catch Mewtwo. Silver and Gold can help mewtwo by fighting Giovanni. after those Events, Giovanni rushes to the Celadon Game Corner.

***Entei Explanation***
There should be a certain amount of times you should battle Entei until it rushes to The Ruins of Alph, When that happens, go to the ruins and there will be Tv Newscasters and many trainers (including the R/S/E and Red), just watching the events of Pokemon 3 The Movie unfold, They will let you into the Ruins which are crystalized, The Unown and Entei will be inside. That's all I've thought up so far.

Quite the imagination you have there. Sorry to say though no matter how fun that might sound- anime never equals games.

ztarmie11

Jewlery is heavy...
i hope rotom is obtainable not sure if it classifys as legendary but still it could be in the train station...?

i hope rotom is obtainable not sure if it classifys as legendary but still it could be in the train station...?

Just pointing out, he's not legendary. He's just like Sudowoodo in GSC or Snorlax in RBY - an one-off pokémon.

I could see, perhaps, an interesting choice when it comes to Kanto and the RSE legendaries. Maybe Groudon and Kyogre have a rematch at Cinnabar (threatening to make the volcano erupt from the power of their battle?). With Rayquaza snoozing back in Hoenn, it's up to the player to catch/defeat one of the two. The other would return to Hoenn- in other words, forcing you to decide which of the two you wanted, and yet still make it viable to get the other via trades (like the fossils in RBY).

Latios and Latias could easily be runners in Kanto, especially if the legendary birds aren't around Kanto. If they're not runners, then it'd be better off as an event. Since that would be taking away a legendary, simply add in the Cerulean Cave with Mewtwo again. If the Sevii Islands are involved somehow once more, then you could probably throw in Mew and Deoxys on their islands, and perhaps Jirachi at that Steelix monument (don't really have a real reason why, but it sounds fitting).

I also believe Celebi should be around for Ilex Forest... but somehow, I have a feeling that getting it would have requirements similar to Spiritomb. I remember that in Japan, Celebi was only available through some sort of cell-phone device, so probably by 'connecting with others' it would become available this time as well.

As far as Rotom, I think the Radio Tower would be a nice touch. Or, perhaps hidden away in the Power Plant?

League

Master Abra Catcher
Lugia, Ho-oh, Dogs: givens, I readily assume.

Celebi, Ilex Shrine, GS ball: non-event pokemon.
Mew, wild on an island unlocked after beating Red. (You sail to this island.)
Mewtwo, Cerulean Cave after beating Kanto gyms and Elite Four afterward.
Jirachi, sleeping on an island unlocked after beating Red. (You sail to this island.)
Deoxys, wild on an island after beating Giovanni or something? (You sail to this island.)
Eh, the ones bolded are the ones I'd like to see. I could see something similar being done with Lati -as and -os on the islands unlocked after certain events as the ideas I've brought to the table.