• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

dannydstk

i think what he was saying is that the other lati that isnt roaming would be an event

Jigglypuff5000

Oh, okay.

Well, it's official. Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza will be appearing in these games.

Yep, and it makes me wonder still whether Ho-Oh and Lugia will be exclusives to HG & SS respectively, and just how many Legendaries will be in this total...

The GBA games are being phased out [see the DSi], so perhaps all the Legendaries [minus the Regis], will turn up in these games?

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
Well they put the Birds and the Regi's in Platnium and the Lake trio is the native set, so maybe this is there way of starting to phase out R/S/E

slowkingsley

There is a rumour on 2ch that if you trade over the movie Arceus to HGSS, you will gain access to lv1 Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, which is what that blurry picture of Cynthia could be talking about.

Blazing Charmander

Interesting. I really can't see the logic of catching the Sinnoh trio in HGSS as their mythology seems appropriate only for Sinnoh. That is, unless this Arceus is capable of creating Dialga and Palkia (maybe Giratina), as is its nature as a deity. That would explain why they are all at Lv1.

This is assuming this rumour is true of course. ;)

There is a rumour on 2ch that if you trade over the movie Arceus to HGSS, you will gain access to lv1 Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, which is what that blurry picture of Cynthia could be talking about.
...why would the Sinnoh trio appear in a Johto remake? I don't understand why stupid rumors like that start.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Okay, I'm actually kinda annoyed about the new event, mainly because:

1: Nobody outside of Japan is going to be able to use this event.
2: Legendaries should stay in their home regions in the games' story, as far as I'm concerned.

It just doesn't make any sense to me, but if it's a hoax, it's a pretty elaborate one.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

2: Legendaries should stay in their home regions in the games' story, as far as I'm concerned.

It just doesn't make any sense to me, but if it's a hoax, it's a pretty elaborate one.
Everywhere will get the Arceus that activates this...just like everywhere got Shaymin

Linkdarkside

i wonder if the Heavy Ball gonna work like a Master Ball on groudon

they could make the event in game for the NA/EU version like the odd egg in crystal.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
well it just leaves:

Jirachi
Celebi
Mew
Mewtwo
Lati@s

I bet Mewtwo will be in Cerulean Cave like normal (how you open it would probably be different from R/B/Y/FR/LG)

Latis...I could see it being like Emerald where you choose which one you see. Except not a TV. Maybe Elm or Oak calls you to the lab and they tell you they saw a roaming birdlike Pokemon fly by at incredible speed. Then they say it went by too fast to say which color it was. Then you give a color and bam, you got your lati.

Linkdarkside

well it just leaves:

Jirachi
Celebi
Mew
Mewtwo
Lati@s

I bet Mewtwo will be in Cerulean Cave like normal (how you open it would probably be different from R/B/Y/FR/LG)

Latis...I could see it being like Emerald where you choose which one you see. Except not a TV. Maybe Elm or Oak calls you to the lab and they tell you they saw a roaming birdlike Pokemon fly by at incredible speed. Then they say it went by too fast to say which color it was. Then you give a color and bam, you got your lati.
they could make that Red give you Mewtwo after beating him or someting.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3

PokéGamer

Only Honour Will Win
Well Three Legends From The Previouse Games Have Been Entered... Lugia & Ho-Oh Must Be Exclusives Of Each Game...

Have No Idea How They Are Going To Put The Rest Into The Games... Guess We Just Have To Wait & See...

AncientMew

Training since 1998
I'd love Mewtwo to be available to you after completing the dex (minus events), I don't feel enough drive to complete the dex anymore, when there was 150 it was pretty easy, but now there's 493 of the wee buggers I just can't be bothered for a stupid diploma. It'd be nice if you had to interact with the Lati before it scoots off for you to catch it, like on Southern Island and with Cressy and Mesprit, this way I can SR for a shiny or nature.

I think the legends that WONT be in this game are;
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Heatran
Regigigas
Cressilla
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Manaphy
Phione

Quartz Trainer Lupe

Lurking Trainer
Yeah, considering the Nintendo DSi's release, and the addition of legendary pokemon from the older versions, they do seem to be trying to phase the Gameboy games out. Much like including the legendary dogs into Fire Red and Leaf Green, and the birds into the Game Cube was an attempt to pahse the color out. So, you can probably bet we're going ot see alot of thrid generation legendary pokemon. Here's where I believe they are going to appear:
I also know not all of these will appear, but these are scenarios for if they did.

Groudon(SS): He will probably appear in another Terra Cave somewhere, at Lvl 70.
Kyogre(HG): Most likely in some sort of underwater Marine Cave, at Lvl. 70.

Latios and Latias: Roaming Kanto at Lvl. 45, most likley after you talk to Oak or Elm and they say somethign about rare pokemon being seen in kanto.

Asfor the legendary birds, I don't believe they will be featured, as they already are in Platnium, however if they are, does anyone rember the Orange Islands? Well, what if instead of the sevii Islands, they were to include the Orange Isles? One Island with quite a few towns and places to explore, possibly inhabited by Hoenn region pokemon, to replace the the Johto inhabited Sevii Islands. Along with three other islands that feature extensive caves filled with pokemon of the type of each respective bird, with each respective bird on top of each of their islands. This could be the nerve center for an event involving an event Lugia, like in the movie.

Celebi: An event in Ilex forest, where you go to the Apricot Pokeball maker, and he gives you the gS ball to take to the shrinne in Ilex, as an offering to the spirit of the forest. Celebi appears at Lvl. 30.

Suicune: A new lake is built into Ilex, like in the movie, and that woudl be where you find Suicune later on.

Entei: The burnt Tower of course, it would be made into more of a dungeon.

Riakou: I'll leave this one up to you guys.

-Lupe

Doom-Burn

I think that all the legendaries NOT in Platinium will be in HGSS, so people won't have to rely on the 3rd gen games.

That said, I wonder how they will do Deoxys and Jirachi or any other R/S/E legendary....

Crob8

Crobat Kid
Yeah, considering the Nintendo DSi's release, and the addition of legendary pokemon from the older versions, they do seem to be trying to phase the Gameboy games out. Much like including the legendary dogs into Fire Red and Leaf Green, and the birds into the Game Cube was an attempt to pahse the color out. So, you can probably bet we're going ot see alot of thrid generation legendary pokemon. Here's where I believe they are going to appear:
I also know not all of these will appear, but these are scenarios for if they did.

Groudon(SS): He will probably appear in another Terra Cave somewhere, at Lvl 70.
Kyogre(HG): Most likely in some sort of underwater Marine Cave, at Lvl. 70.

Latios and Latias: Roaming Kanto at Lvl. 45, most likley after you talk to Oak or Elm and they say somethign about rare pokemon being seen in kanto.

Asfor the legendary birds, I don't believe they will be featured, as they already are in Platnium, however if they are, does anyone rember the Orange Islands? Well, what if instead of the sevii Islands, they were to include the Orange Isles? One Island with quite a few towns and places to explore, possibly inhabited by Hoenn region pokemon, to replace the the Johto inhabited Sevii Islands. Along with three other islands that feature extensive caves filled with pokemon of the type of each respective bird, with each respective bird on top of each of their islands. This could be the nerve center for an event involving an event Lugia, like in the movie.

Celebi: An event in Ilex forest, where you go to the Apricot Pokeball maker, and he gives you the gS ball to take to the shrinne in Ilex, as an offering to the spirit of the forest. Celebi appears at Lvl. 30.

Suicune: A new lake is built into Ilex, like in the movie, and that woudl be where you find Suicune later on.

Entei: The burnt Tower of course, it would be made into more of a dungeon.

Riakou: I'll leave this one up to you guys.

-Lupe

Good idea's! What about Raikou in the tower Entei isn't in (forgot the name) and if it's the one Ho-Oh is in (I forgot) maybe make seperate place inside it?

Also, what about a new part deeper into Ice Cave for kyogre, and for groudon, a cave on the island near Olivine with Chuck on (I forgot the name again)