• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram

GamerSonic

The Beserke gene doesn't ring a bell in the original GS so I guess you're right about it being strtched out.

The Bersek Gene, but that's a stretched out rationale.

It sure is, because the item was... just there. Nothing else. Actually, when I got it for the first time, I thought it was a key item that would get me access to Cerulean Cave to battle Mewtwo... I wonder if they'll do so now. The Gene can't be a hold item anymore (Griseous Orb at least was majorly related to the mascot pokémon in Platinum, the Gene never had any kind of importance), so I hope it will actually be a key item this time that will open the Cerulean Cave for you. Or at least let you battle Mewtwo. Or Mew. Or both.

Has anyone noticed the pattern?

They added the birds and regis in Platinum, now they are making a remake of G/S with all of the Jhoto legends and Groundon, Kyogre and Rayquaza.
That probably means that the next generation of Pokemon games will be in a console that doesn't support GBA cartridges, so it's very likely that the Latis will be in the remakes, maybe even Mewtwo, unless they decide to make a R/B remake for the DS which I highly doubt, so the most likely thing is that they will upgrade Kanto and put Mewtwo somewhere there.
They will probably make a series of trigger events to put the event Pokemon in the game.

EDIT: RANK UP!!!

GamerSonic

That seems likely since the pokemon series movd to the DS.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
I think it doubled raised attack power to max but confused you at start of battle. And I think it was a one time use item, so it'd only be good in the Pokemon Stadium 2, or Battle towers.

I think it doubled raised attack power to max but confused you at start of battle. And I think it was a one time use item, so it'd only be good in the Pokemon Stadium 2, or Battle towers.
Yes, you're right. I doubt they'll bring it back, I don't think there is any data of it in D/P/Pt.

Has anyone noticed the pattern?

They added the birds and regis in Platinum, now they are making a remake of G/S with all of the Jhoto legends and Groundon, Kyogre and Rayquaza.
That probably means that the next generation of Pokemon games will be in a console that doesn't support GBA cartridges, so it's very likely that the Latis will be in the remakes, maybe even Mewtwo, unless they decide to make a R/B remake for the DS which I highly doubt, so the most likely thing is that they will upgrade Kanto and put Mewtwo somewhere there.
They will probably make a series of trigger events to put the event Pokemon in the game.

EDIT: RANK UP!!!
They probably aren't looking so far ahead as the next generation being in a new console, but maybe looking at the DSi, which doesn't support GBA cartridges.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
You know, come 5th generation I won't be surprised Nintendo says, "Screw it" and makes a large room that can only be accessed by having a special key item transferred by Wi-Fi
in which you can catch every single legendary ever made

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Could you get Ho-oh in Pokemon Silver (original)?

Just wondering...

Yeah you could, but you had to visit Pewter City after defeating the Pokemon League in order to obtain the Rainbow Wing. So logically, since this is a remake, both Ho-oh and Lugia will be available in both games.

It sure is, because the item was... just there. Nothing else. Actually, when I got it for the first time, I thought it was a key item that would get me access to Cerulean Cave to battle Mewtwo... I wonder if they'll do so now. The Gene can't be a hold item anymore (Griseous Orb at least was majorly related to the mascot pokémon in Platinum, the Gene never had any kind of importance), so I hope it will actually be a key item this time that will open the Cerulean Cave for you. Or at least let you battle Mewtwo. Or Mew. Or both.

Yeah back then I also thought it was related to Mewtwo. But I doubt this particular item will be in the games, seeing as its data doesn't exist in other games, hence it cannot be traded over. Maybe as a key item. But remember, Deoxys is also a DNA pokemon, so who knows, maybe we are getting Deoxys on top of Mewtwo and Mew. :)

Yes, you're right. I doubt they'll bring it back, I don't think there is any data of it in D/P/Pt.

As I said, they could in terms of key item, as key items cannot be traded.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
For Mewtwo they will probably just reopen Cerulean Cave.
Latias and Latios are expected to be version exclusive roamers.
It's already been announced that there is going to be a Jirachi event, and it is speculated that this Jirachi will unlock an area in HG/SS.
Mew and Deoxys will be events, however, having an in-game location for those two is purely a guess.
Celebi makes sense to be a GS Ball event with the Ilex Shrine.

The good thing is, nowadays they tend to make certain event pokemon available both ingame and in real life events, e.g. Darkrai, which was available at movie theaters and ingame with the use of the Membership Pass. So hopefully Deoxys and Mew will both be available that way. (I'm definitely sure Mewtwo will be in the Cerulean Cave.) :p

rlopez

*Ive been lurking for a very long time but this thread finally made me register, and I figured might as well make my first post a good one*

While Im excited for all the legendaries, my only hope is that they actually give each of them their own storyline. I don’t mean as in part of the plot of HG/SS but as in a reason why they’re in Hoenn/Kanto. Like the theory someone said about Groudon causing the eruption at Cinnabar Island, or Kyogre being the reason it rained on the night that girl saw Lugia. Even if the game doesn’t directly say this, just implying it would be good enough for me.

Now going off all the rumors and theories, if everything goes as we think it might, we will have all the legendaries in the 4th gen. Between DPt, we have the native Sinnoh legendaries, plus the 3 birds and 3 Regi’s. Pokemon Ranger gives us Manaphy, which then can get us Phione. My Pokemon Ranch gives us Mew so that’s taken care off. HG/SS will give us Ho-oh/Lugia and the 3 dogs. This is obvious; the only thing we don’t know is if they’re going to make Ho-oh/Lugia version exclusives. Doubt it, but who knows.

Now the theory is that the Notched-Ear Pichu unlocks Celebi in the game and if this is true then it would be the last of the Johto legendaries needed.

If the one scan of Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza is right then each one will be a version exclusive and having the two on one cartridge unlocks Rayquaza. So there’s those three.

Forgetting the possibility that Red might have defeated Mewtwo, its makes the most sense that he will be in the Cerulean Cave. Like I said earlier Mew is already available through My Pokemon Ranch, so I really doubt we’ll be seeing it in the game. And with this we are done with the Kanto legendaries.

Now I would say the same thing about Deoxys since it was released through GameStop not that long ago. But now that Jirachi is being given out and it unlocks something in the game its possible (just guessing) it might be Deoxys. I only say this because they both have the whole space thing (I think) in common. My money is that it just unlocks a certain area where you can get an item or something, nothing more. But unlocking Deoxys would be nice since I missed the GameStop event.

This only leaves Latias/Latios. I really doubt they would leave these two out so Im thinking they will be handled the same way the birds are handled in Platinum. Oak, Elm, or maybe Birch (he might show up, who knows), will say they saw them and they would be roaming Pokemon. And with them, we are done with the Hoenn legendaries.

Now having Dialga/Palkia/Giratina in the HG/SS wasn’t really needed but I guess it makes some sense. Seeing how Regigigas unlocked the three Regi’s in Platinum, Arceus unlocks them in here. Like someone said maybe Arceus has something to do with Johto and the ruins but either way, Im not gonna complain.

Yes this might seem like legendary overkill but seeing that everything points to them phasing out the GBA games, guess this needed to be done. Plus its gives the people that don’t have all the GBA games a chance to catch them.

Oh and thanks to whoever read this whole thing, had no idea it would be this long. And I know from personal experience, when things are this long, people don’t really pay attention.

GourmetPoffinz

The whole Berserk Gene thing sounds a bit confusing to me. . . But I'm sure I'd figure it out!
I would hope to see a crystal remake to finish of the remake thing, but I doubt that they'd do that, It'd be bomb though. I was allways fond of the legendary dogs, I had a hard time catching them when I was little because I had the attention span of a pea.
If a Celebi event is going to happen in Japan I would certainly hope for a Celebi event here, the US usually todders behind Japan when it comes to events, allthough they're never carried out in the same manner.

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Well, I doubt they'll have the Berserk Gene, because it wasn't available in Platinum, Diamond, or Pearl.

Anyways, it probably won't happen, but I agree that it would rock if there were a Crystal remake. But it probably won't happen because they didn't make a Yellow remake.

Edit: Oh, and also the Berserk Gene wasn't even vaguely related to Mewtwo. It was just in the river next to where Cerulean Cave used to be.

Last edited:

spyroflame0487

Kind of a big deal
The DSi has no GBA slot. Two, it's pointless to have almost every single Pokemon available between five games, but then depend on an older generation for 20 or so Pokemon.

I know the DSi doesn't have the slot. That's what I said. Unless I wasn't being specific enough.
The only Pokemon that you really had to import to DPP were the Weather 3, Mewtwo, Jirachi, Lati@s and Jirachi. All the others were available somehow. Since people will still obviously keep the original DS, they didn't have to cram everything into this game,especially if they could have made the above 8 available by another means, such as a download event. I'm not going to not buy the game, but they could have spread things out a lot more to make it more challenging. With 15 or so legends in the game, battling the trainers ingame would be a breeze.

Obviously, since I'm not going to win arguing that there shouldn't be so many legends in HGSS, I'll take a look at those last few we need and the other legend. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus are all available in the last 3 games that kiddies all over the world were playing. Mew was in the Pokemon Ranch, and Deoxys was in the Gamestop event. The Weather 3 is fine. I guess I can't really argue against it any more. Jirachi is a event for DPP, NOT HGSS. It can be traded, so there's no need for that. Mewtwo has some sort of connection with the Berserk Gene. It's not in the coding for DPP, but I guess you couldn't possibly rule it out yet, since there's no Griseous Orb in DP. I don't see why they couldn't turn it into a new Key Item or something, to get you a Mewtwo. The Latio twins could be distributed with a Eon ticket, which would make some use of the Wifi event like the Secret Key and Rotom.

Adge

Legendary trainer
I reckon that Arceus will unlock a new area inside Dragon's Den, considering that it unlocks the dragon trio.