• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Rabidmunchlax

Will people please just think!
They will not add any new pokemon in until the 5th generation. Also, lugia is the big boss type thing for the birds and ho-oh does the same for the dogs.

lvl100blastoise

I think besides the obvious dog trio and lugia + ho oh, celebi will also be included as an event pokemon.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Celebi will be in there as a catchable event, and as a obtainable event.

I'm thinkin they'll reopen Mewtwos cave and have him again

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Bird trio- Platinum
Mewtwo- Cerulean Cave
Mew- Was already in Ranch, but could possibly get an event in HGSS
Celebi- Hopefully, we can finally do the Ilex Shrine event with Celebi
Regis- Platinum
Latios/Latias- Probably be roamers. Probably Latias in HG and Latios in SS.
Deoxys- Maybe another event
Lake trio- If Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina are in this game, it's possible the Lake trio could be in. But I seriously doubt it.
Heatran- I can almost see him being in for whatever reason, but I'm not so sure it's a good idea. Heatran could use some more love, though.
Darkrai- Has been in enough events already.
Shaymin- Possibly one more event, but I wouldn't be unhappy if they didn't have another event
Arceus- Could possibly have another event later on, but it would be better that they not have one for HGSS.

Trainer_Melissa

The "Cute" Trainer
Speaking for myself, (not stating it's true) if they are going to include Kanto in the game like the GB games, they should consider making a Mew event perhaps? Also, I hope you can catch the Legendary Birds in this game, but then again, I guess thats what FR & LF & Platinum would be for.

Who knows... ;039;

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I just remembered something.

One reason that you find the version exclusive birdies at levels 40 and 70 is because only the birdie that appears on your game box will know it's exclusive move.

However, in DPPt, the exclusive moves are learned at Level 85.

Do you think they'll change the level the birds are found at?

Speaking for myself, (not stating it's true) if they are going to include Kanto in the game like the GB games, they should consider making a Mew event perhaps? Also, I hope you can catch the Legendary Birds in this game, but then again, I guess thats what FR & LF & Platinum would be for.

Who knows... ;039;

I hope they do include Mew as an event, after all not everyone can be asked to buy Pokemon Ranch off of the Wii Shop Channel.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
I hope they do include Mew as an event, after all not everyone can be asked to buy Pokemon Ranch off of the Wii Shop Channel.

Well, not everybody can be asked to buy Ranger just to get Manaphy, either, so some of us are out of luck there.

Anyway, like some have suggested, I would imagine that the GS Ball to get Celebi will be obtainable over a Wi-fi Wonder Card or something.

Since they seem to want to make all Legendaries obtainable through DS means, perhaps Latios and Latias will make an appearance as further roaming Pokémon, or a ticket to Southern Island or a similar place where one or both reside will become available through events/Mystery Gift. Deoxys and Jirachi will probably stay as event giveaways.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
It would make sense.

The only legendaries that require GBA means are (aside from confirmed HGSS ones) Mewtwo, Celebi, and the Lati twins.

Theoretically, all of them could potentially make an appearance in HGSS.

One reason that you find the version exclusive birdies at levels 40 and 70 is because only the birdie that appears on your game box will know it's exclusive move.

Anyone have a comment?

Last edited:

Meowth Man-27

Meowth Trainer
I really think they will do what emerald did to the johto starters.
Once you catch the 251 pokemon in the johto dex, you can get one of the Kanto starters, and something else could happen an you could get the hoen starters, I really don't think they would leave 6 or even less pokemon out of the games, that would just be dumb.

Mewtwo will end up in its cave.

The Lati's will end up roaming, perhaps by game, gender, or even choice like in Emerald.

Groudon, Kyogre, and Raquayza have been confirmed, but idk where they will end up in the game, that stumps me.

Celebi will be an event, end of story.

As for your post "a person" That would be a good idea, since this is one game that allows you to get both "box" pokemon, it would give you incentive to choosing one over the other.

The dogs will remain roamers, no matter what, but perhaps based off of your starter
-Cyndaquil-Suiccune
-Chikorita-Entai
-Tododile-Raiku
the Crystal story could occur, but off of any of them. <-- Ik many of you will bash this idea, but it would add more depth to the story.

That covers all unobtainable pokemon throughout the games w/o GBA transferring. I might have missed plain wild pokemon, but they will more than likely pop up in some wild place.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
I really think they will do what emerald did to the johto starters.
Once you catch the 251 pokemon in the johto dex, you can get one of the Kanto starters, and something else could happen an you could get the hoen starters, I really don't think they would leave 6 or even less pokemon out of the games, that would just be dumb.

Mewtwo will end up in its cave.

The Lati's will end up roaming, perhaps by game, gender, or even choice like in Emerald.

Groudon, Kyogre, and Raquayza have been confirmed, but idk where they will end up in the game, that stumps me.

Celebi will be an event, end of story.

As for your post "a person" That would be a good idea, since this is one game that allows you to get both "box" pokemon, it would give you incentive to choosing one over the other.

The dogs will remain roamers, no matter what, but perhaps based off of your starter
-Cyndaquil-Suiccune
-Chikorita-Entai
-Tododile-Raiku
the Crystal story could occur, but off of any of them. <-- Ik many of you will bash this idea, but it would add more depth to the story.

That covers all unobtainable pokemon throughout the games w/o GBA transferring. I might have missed plain wild pokemon, but they will more than likely pop up in some wild place.

First off why would Oak give you a Kanto starter if you just got every pokemon in the first 251, they would exclude ones like Celebi and Mew for those not going to events. The Kanto starters are in the first 251, so if you already caught one why would he give you another. If they were to do it they would be Hoenn starters.

As for the version exclusive Legendary Dog trio, you will be able to obtain all 3 in the game. They wouldn't do what FR/LG did and make only one per game. One reason because it would go against everything Gold and Silver did with them. They will all be roamers and they should all be obtainable.

a person, that is a really good point... The exclusive moves were the reasoning for the level difference in the originals... They may tweak the movesets so it works out to the signature moves being available to the one that is your version exclusive and the other one wouldn't have it... but... move relearner could fix that pretty quickly...

First off why would Oak give you a Kanto starter if you just got every pokemon in the first 251, they would exclude ones like Celebi and Mew for those not going to events. The Kanto starters are in the first 251, so if you already caught one why would he give you another. If they were to do it they would be Hoenn starters.

As for the version exclusive Legendary Dog trio, you will be able to obtain all 3 in the game. They wouldn't do what FR/LG did and make only one per game. One reason because it would go against everything Gold and Silver did with them. They will all be roamers and they should all be obtainable.
I think he means by completing the Pokedex, he means simply seeing every Pokemon. I bet there will be a book or two with pictures of Celebi and Mew.

The level doesn't matter, because we have the Heart Scale tutor since RSE. Lugia from Gold and Ho-oh from Silver couldn't know their signature moves in any way, now they can, regardless of level. What I think they're going to do isgive SS Lugia and HG Ho-oh exclusive moves, that will be in their moveset when you battle them, but that can't be re-taught in any other way, if you ever decide to delete them.

Personally, I'm rooting for Brave Bird/Agility Ho-oh and Nasty Plot/Amnesia Lugia n_n

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
But how would DPPt know the difference between a HG Ho-oh and a SS Ho-oh if you trade them?

Last edited:

Ammako

Why should D/P/Pt make the difference between Ho-oh from Heart Gold and the one from Soul Silver?

You'll be able to re-learn Aeroblast on Lugia in HG and Sacred Fire on Ho-oh from Soul Silver with the Heart Scale move tutor. As for the level, they can change the level at when they learn the move. Problem solved.

If in Heart Gold Lugia didn't have Aeroblast in it's moveset, and vice-versa with Soul Silver Ho-oh and Sacred Fire, a trip to Sinnoh would fix that, so there's no point in making the move exclusive to the game.

pokegeek001

MB:Bobby
i think latios and latias will be in jhoto like they where in the movie pokemon heros but probably after the national dex both at lv. 60

i think ho-oh and lugia should be in each game like in the originals
(the one on the cover before national dex at lv. 47 and the counterpart after n.dex at lv. 70)

the three dogs should be at lv. 50 all and before n. dex

kyogre and groudon lv. 50 or 70 and after n. dex

celebii obtian item by event use in ilex forest and fight lv. 30

mew in kanto lv. 30

mewtwo in ccave lv. 70

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
I like your Mew idea. I'd love to get a Mew without getting My Pokemon Ranch (Shudders)

Knightmare

i think latios and latias will be in jhoto like they where in the movie pokemon heros but probably after the national dex both at lv. 60

i think ho-oh and lugia should be in each game like in the originals
(the one on the cover before national dex at lv. 47 and the counterpart after n.dex at lv. 70)

the three dogs should be at lv. 50 all and before n. dex

kyogre and groudon lv. 50 or 70 and after n. dex

celebii obtian item by event use in ilex forest and fight lv. 30

mew in kanto lv. 30

mewtwo in ccave lv. 70
I think if Mewtwo is in he might be level 80 to match arceus. They would be the highest level legendaries in their respective regions. Plus I just firgure Mewtwo might have gotten a little stronger over 3 years..