• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS PokeDex Discussion

Josiah

is your favorite
Actually, Sandshrew is going to stay, simply because you can find it in the Johto Safari Zone. I do like your idea of Kanto and Johto having separate identities.
Obviously I didn't know about that picture. It doesn't surprise me, but it does make it even more unlikely which is still a little disappointing for me. I just don't like the idea that people from one region apparently don't know about Pokemon directly related to their own that are also already known in another region. It just looks like it might be Kanto with Johto Pokemon slapped on again.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
i think that Hoennpokes might need to be introduced prior elite 4 andi only mean like trapinch and swablu for Clair and Lance.

I have no idea if this was mentioned, but, I feel that they should remove the fossils from the JohtoDex... they have no merit pre-E4 unless they randomly include them all of a sudden, and, that'd give you five free spots to add gen4 evos...

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
THey will incluse Kabuto, Omanyte and Aerodactyl but the others don't NEED to be there pre e4

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
..Don't think fossil will be in pre e4...as the fossil reseacher no living in that area

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Only one fossil got a mention and that was Aerodactyl with lance so i think he's still in.

Yea, Aerodactyl was the only one available... through in-game trade... but that was post-E4... If you really can't acquire the fossils pre-E4... I see no reason to include them in the Dex... So I say take the other 4 out...

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Take the other 6 out you mean and i believe that you can get the hoenn fossils in Kanto

drake13

Ryukishi
I'm pretty sure he assumed there would be no Hoenn Pokemon pre-E4 in the first place.

there won't be...johto is just small to put another dex in it...probably you'll get the national dex after E-4...only kanto and johto dex in PRE-E4...which is why it's called a remake...

there won't be...johto is just small to put another dex in it...probably you'll get the national dex after E-4...only kanto and johto dex in PRE-E4...which is why it's called a remake...
Well there seems to be a chance that we will get Pokemon like Tangrowth, Mamoswine, Yanmega, Ambipom, and Lickilicky.

drake13

Ryukishi
Well there seems to be a chance that we will get Pokemon like Tangrowth, Mamoswine, Yanmega, Ambipom, and Lickilicky.

that's an excemption xD....since they are evos of the former johto/kanto dex so there's a big possibility of adding them in the johto dex...

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Other 6? There's only 4 other fossil familes...

Kabuto
Omanyte
Lileep
Anorith = 6
Cranidos
Sheildon

Hey Ampy i Think it's certain that they might include those kanto fossils then in that case you are right...

Gizadude

If Brock keeps his team from the originals then Omanyte and Kabuto will stay however the legendary Birds and Mew could definanetly be taken out and the five evo's could be added pushing the dex to 252 total which wouldn't be bad.

If Brock keeps his team from the originals then Omanyte and Kabuto will stay however the legendary Birds and Mew could definanetly be taken out and the five evo's could be added pushing the dex to 252 total which wouldn't be bad.
But Brock is after the Elite 4, which would presumably be after receiving the National Dex. That wouldn't make a difference to the fact if the fossils will be in or not.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
They won't have as many as the originals.
Lapras:224/214??
I hope that legendaries are lined up after this....

Lapras has only been moved down 5 from 219 to 224... that's where conspiracy theorists think that five 4th Gen evos might show up...

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
It could be random for all we know and when more pokedex details leak we may find out more if stone evos are included...

Gokuzaru

GOLD, Master Of All
i say that there is still as much chance of them adding the new evos as them just shifting the numbers around to piss us off.