• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS PokeDex Discussion

Tyridium

COD fan
I think that it should be based around all the johto pokemon, the evolutions and de-evolutions, they should then bulk up the pokedex by adding pokemon from all the other regoins, the majority being kanto though as it is likely they migrate between kanto and johto!

pokemon such as houndour and murkrow should be found earlier in through the game!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
They should at least include one Hoenn line but not psuedo-legends Trapinch or Swablu? Hey they can't be mixed teams like Blue... Vibrava for Clair and Flygon and Altaria for Lance and don't say : "It'll ruin nostalgia blah blah blah"

Calm PokeMaster

Clair could have Altaria and Lance could have Flygon.....Altaria is more of a "female trainer" Pokemon.

Salamence is Drake's too much E4 copying is redundant and boring.
So trainers in the game can't use a Pokemon because another trainer in the previous generation used it? Failed logic. There's only a limited amount of Dragon types. You might as well give Lance 6 Dragonites if we're going to go use your logic.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
So trainers in the game can't use a Pokemon because another trainer in the previous generation used it? Failed logic. There's only a limited amount of Dragon types. You might as well give Lance 6 Dragonites if we're going to go use your logic.
No but in term's of the region's strongest Dragon type, Johto has hardly anywhere for a Bagon to be found. Plus the E4's hardley copy of one another unless absoulutly nessisary, Drake's team in RSE used pokemon that Lance did not in FR/LG/S/G and thus it worked, Lace uses Dragon pokemon, Drake used Dragon-type pokemon, lance uses pokemon that are Draconic, hence the Aerodactyl, Gyrados and Charizrd.

It wouldn't be problematic if any normal trainer was using Salamence, But an E4 used it as their star pokemon, and if Lance had one, it would definately be the new star.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Altaria and Vibrava with Clair and Lance should have Flygon to replace Charizard since it is obvious the Kanto Starters are not in the Game...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Altaria and Vibrava with Clair and Lance should have Flygon to replace Charizard since it is obvious the Kanto Starters are not in the Game...

Not because the Kanto starters are unobtainable (yet) in the game, that doesn't mean that other trainers can't have them. Seriously, someone should have them for the sake of completing the National Dex. Like what I said, Gen 3 & 4 Pokémon will most likely be found post-E4 (except for the assumed 5), so these Pokémon will most likely be part of their rosters when you rebattle them post-game.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Post game Charizard is fine with me for Lance and I wouldn't mind AT ALL if he got a Salamance and a Garchomp since you defeated him at the Silver Conference

Chaos Rush

No but in term's of the region's strongest Dragon type, Johto has hardly anywhere for a Bagon to be found. Plus the E4's hardley copy of one another unless absoulutly nessisary, Drake's team in RSE used pokemon that Lance did not in FR/LG/S/G and thus it worked, Lace uses Dragon pokemon, Drake used Dragon-type pokemon, lance uses pokemon that are Draconic, hence the Aerodactyl, Gyrados and Charizrd.

It wouldn't be problematic if any normal trainer was using Salamence, But an E4 used it as their star pokemon, and if Lance had one, it would definately be the new star.
I don't see a problem with it at all. Sometimes, Champions would have the same Pokemon as an Elite 4 member in the same game. In Pokemon Red, Blue, FireRed, and LeafGreen, if your rival does not have Blastoise, one of the Pokemon on his team is Gyarados. Lance has a Gyarados. Remember, that's in the SAME GAME. And how does Lance having a Salamence make things boring!?!?

"Oh look guys Lance has a Salamence and now I'm bored for absolutely no reason" I don't see how Pokemon rosters and boredom relate in anyway.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Bagon family probably not included but other Dragons, MAYBE.

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
What? So there gonna be 5 more Pokémon in the Johto Dex?

Nooooooo!!!

Don't like that! :(

~Ledyba;165;

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I very, very highly doubt that there will be 3rd and 4th Gen Dragon lines in the Regional Dex for the sole purpose of supplementing Clair/Lance's teams.

Of course, after the National Dex, that's entirely different.

Feraligatr001

Silver Trainer
I think before beating the game, it should be the same, when you beat them, THEN they get new guys from the 3rd and 4th generation in their parties

o_0

Herbalist
Is it possible that you won't get the Nat. Dex until you obtain all 16 badges? Sorry if this issue has been addressed before, too lazy to go searching. :p