• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS PokeDex Discussion

ap13095

Noobslayer
I don't think I want the National Dex off the bat, and I still want to trade with DPPt.

Personally, I want all the Johto Pokémon and their evolutions, and keep some of the common Kanto ones as well. I think all the new Kanto evos and their lines should be there, and a few oddballs thrown in for luck - maybe the new Hoenn evolutions? (there are only like two or three lines.)

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I don't see how including some Hoenn Pokemon would hurt really. Maybe some that aren't readily available in Sinnoh.

Some that I think would work would be:

Shuppet/Banette
Makuhita/Hariyama
Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence
Shroomish/Breloom
Poochyena/Mightyena
Corphish/Crawdaunt
Mawile

Basically a few in order to give the Ghost, Dark, Dragon, and Fighting trainers more variety since they didn't have many choices back then irc.

I know some purists would be up in arms, but I think it wouldn't effect anything. Besides being introduced in Gen III, it's not like having those appear in Johto would cause any major chaos in the timeline or whatnot.

ap13095

Noobslayer
They won't put in the likes of Salamence, Metagross, and Garchomp. They're meant, in my opinion, to only appear in their own region. I hope they will include Altaria/Flygon, though.

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
I'm just begging I won't have to play another game with Zubats in every cave I step, Tentacruels in every water I swim in

Baby Cyndaquil

I'd like alot less Kanto Pokemon but maybe they could add some Pokemon from each region and hopefully either some new evolutions, pre evolutions or even some completely new pokemon

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I'm just begging I won't have to play another game with Zubats in every cave I step, Tentacruels in every water I swim in

Those ones are pretty inevitable. :p
But yeah, they should mostly include Johto pokemon, but since there aren't THAT many Johto pokemon, they should also include some standard Kanto/Hoenn/Sinnoh pokemon, albeit not many.
Caterpie/Pikachu/Psyduck/Ponyta/Tauros/Staryu/Goldeen/Tentacool/Cacnea/Mr.Mime and their evolution lines should all be included.

sebdog21

The way I see it, with the point of remaking a game being 1. to relive an out of date version and b. reintroduce it to the younger audience, the remake will most likely be a direct replica of GSC.

OR

All 1st and 2nd Generation pokemon are in the games, PLUS all pre-evos and evos of the 1st and 2nd generation pokemon in the third and fourth generations. It won't complicate the situation too much, should add between 50-100 more pokemon, and perhaps won't make the Kanto region so boring.

originalsteven

This will never happen but I'd like a new Pokédex for every generation released! Something that would revise the numbers overall to keep evolution lines together. This wasn't done in DPPt so could be done for HGSS's National Pokédex. So for example, rather than having Magmar, then a bit later Magby and then later Magmortar with different numbers, we would have (for example) 001 Magby 002 Magmar 003 Magmortar.

Pharos

Dr. Harleen Quinzel
I know it's hoping for a lot, but I want the Pokedex to stay the same as it was in the original for the most part. At least in regards to the appearance areas and rates.

What I don't want to see is the removal of some evolutions until the defeat of the elite four. I think that the remakes would do well to adopt the mechanic that allowed you to have a non-Sinnoh pokemon at the cost of not having it appear in your pokedex. I want my Yanmega, and I don't want to wait until I beat the elite four.

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
Pretty obvious but Johto is the region with the LEAST amount of pokemon created.
There was only 99 new pokemon. They can't have a pokedex with only 99 pokemon (they obviously have to add Zubat, Golbat Eevee and the Eeveelutions because of Crobat, Espeon and Umbreon) and back then, Sinnoh and Hoenn didn't exist, therefor they used Kanto's pokemon to 'up' the number of pokemon in the pokedex.

I think that they're going to add some Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon and at least the the new prevos and evos :p

raichu666

Venus adept
The origanal gold and silver were sequals to red and blue, plus the two regeons are right next to each other. That is why all of the kanto pokemon were in it right away. I hope that the dex has the same theory as in the origanal games in that it is the "national" dex right away.
People need to think about the fact that r/s/e and d/p/pt are not made in the same theory as a sequal like gold and silver were, which makes gold and silver so different than the other new games

Surfing_Pikachu

I hope they give it a whole new interface. We've had the same general design since Ruby and Sapphire. I liked how FireRed an LeafGreen gave us a whole new Pokedex though, and don't believe it looked like that in the original Red and Blue either.

luxray94

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!
A dex that includes Kanto pokés isnt that bad. its just too bad they did not make more Johto Pokemon

Sapphire Suicune

We should keep it the same as it once was. Especially because there were only a total of 100 Pokémon added to Gold and Silver. It's not like we've had a lot of Kanto lately, anyway. I'd like to be able to find my beatiful Pidgey again.

-SS;245;

Ybbob

If they just keep the old dex up to 251 and utilize the system w/ FR/LG, that's just laziness on the designer's part. They need to create a new mixed dex like in Platinum(not D/P) with all the Johto pokemon and their evos/pre-evos, which will be around ~130-140 Pokemon, then fill up the dex with Pokemon from Kanto for good measure.

Mankanshoku Mako

I want the dex to stay the same. If you add different pokemon to the dex that weren't their before people will question how those pokemon suddendly got into johto.

Josiah

is your favorite
We should keep it the same as it once was. Especially because there were only a total of 100 Pokémon added to Gold and Silver. It's not like we've had a lot of Kanto lately, anyway. I'd like to be able to find my beatiful Pidgey again.

-SS;245;
Kanto has been in every generation and so have many of its Pokemon. We get plenty of Kanto. Besides, by my count there are 49 (50 if you count Tauros with Miltank) Johto related Pokemon. Add in the really common Pokemon like Geodude, Zubat, Tentacool and story related Pokemon like Bellsprout, Farfetch'd, and Gyarados and you've got a fairly independent region in its own right.

Penguin888

a t l a n t i s
I think it should be every Pokemon from Johto (sans a few for the different titles), then all the pre-evos and the evos from any/all generation (Misdreavus -> Mismagius, ect.), and only after that fill it up with normals from Kanto.

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
I think they should leave the pokedex as it was in the originals because it is what everyone came to love about the game...i loved using my pidgy :)