• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS PokeDex Discussion

Surfing_Pikachu

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Make the original Johto pokedex include the first 251 Pokemon, and then the National version could include the rest.

I'd be fine with that, but for crying out loud put all the Johto Pokemon in Johto (and Kanto if they need to). I want a freakin Houndour in my first playthrough!

invisible-chan

ポッキ の かみ
I'm fine with Kanto Pokemon. Just so long as there are no third and fourth gens in there I'm cool.

Trooper Guy

Lost in history...
I think the Johtodex should consist of either:

1. All 2nd generation pokemon with related and linked 1st, 3rd & 4th generation pokemon.

Or

2. All 2nd & 1st generation pokemon with related and linked 3rd & 4th generation pokemon.

Either one of those and I'd be happy with it.

Also, the only other pokemon that would be included with the first choice (since the second choice would have all 1st generation Pokémon anyway), are the Pokémon that appear in every regional Pokédex aka "The Usual Suspects". These are the Pokémon that have appeared in every Pokémon game without fail (bar Raichu being unobtainable in Yellow version).

These Pokémon are the following:
Pikachu, Raichu, Zubat, Golbat, Psyduck, Golduck, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Magnemite, Magneton, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Goldeen, Seaking, Magikarp and Gyarados.

Oh, and also of course include the Unowndex (with the two "?" and "!" forms included) and the National Pokédex, which of course includes everything (all Pokémon, all forms, all transformations, etc.), and is obtainable after defeating the Elite 4.

I'd like a new Pokédex for every generation released! Something that would revise the numbers overall to keep evolution lines together. This wasn't done in DPPt so could be done for HGSS's National Pokédex. So for example, rather than having Magmar, then a bit later Magby and then later Magmortar with different numbers, we would have (for example) 001 Magby 002 Magmar 003 Magmortar.
Yeah, I strongly agree with this. I think that this would not only be beneficial, but would also make a lot of sense as an actual National Pokédex upgrade; related and linked Pokémon should be right next to each other in the National Pokedex, not many numbers apart from each other. That reminds me of the "List of Pokémon by evolution family" page on Bulbapedia, which has the right idea of the order all the Pokémon would go in.

Gold/Silver18

Fan since Gen 1!
I have 2 questions for you guys:

1. Has the Kanto region been confirmed for the game?

2. Will they incorporate 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon into the game? I hope it's only the 1st 2 gen's.

PokeJosh

I have 2 questions for you guys:

1. Has the Kanto region been confirmed for the game?

2. Will they incorporate 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon into the game? I hope it's only the 1st 2 gen's.

1. No, but why would they leave it out?

2. It will most likely be compatible with the other Pokemon, otherwise...it would be pointlessly cut off from the other games and would probably lose sales. I don't want them to be in the first part of the game, the original part, but I am all for having other places to catch them and trading.

-PokeJosh

Make the original Johto pokedex include the first 251 Pokemon, and then the National version could include the rest.

I'd be fine with that, but for crying out loud put all the Johto Pokemon in Johto (and Kanto if they need to). I want a freakin Houndour in my first playthrough!

This to make makes the most sense; having the Johto Pokémon shine within their own region and not be overshadowed by either the Kanto Pokémon as they were in the original G/S or be overshadowed by the new Pokémon/evolutions. Evolution items etc. for 3rd and 4th gen evolutions should be held off until at least the trip to the Kanto region.

barath

I have a crazy idea guys.. Make Johto affilated with sinnoh instead of kanto!!!..

cuz afterall sinnoh was the one which gave rebirth to johto.. have some gratitude.. so the dex should have johto and sinnoh pokemon according to me instead of kanto.. kanto pokemons may be available after national dex...

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
I've thought similar. Looking at FR/LG, if the playthrough was identical to them then you would end with the same legendaries in each pair of games(unless you dob't want to include Lugia and Ho-Oh's exclusive availability in FR/LG)

Johto would be very scarce without Kanto Pokemon, it's like the route east of New Bark Town, it would be just Hoothoot and Sentrit. The route north of cherrygrove city would just be hoothoot.

That would be very exciting wouldn't it?
(Not really)

MikeTheBattler

I have quite a story about Hoothoot :p
The first pokemon I caught was a Hoothoot male level 2!
I simply threw a pokeball at it and it was caught! I kept it in my inventory forever! It's never left my 6-pokemon party! Even in the elite four and gyms etc :p

I gave it haircuts, gave it lots of nice items, and carboses, calciums etc. and loved it :p
I never battled with it at all, I don't know why!

It's level 2 with no additional xp - and it's my super hoothoot!

I'll begin my super hoothoot adventure in soulsilver once again!

HOOTHOOTFTW

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I just want it to be left of what is was originally

Just as long as they have GTS or something like that so u could trade to get all the starters of the two generations.

I just want it to be left of what is was originally

Just as long as they have GTS or something like that so u could trade to get all the starters of the two generations.

Same, I just wish that people would stop saying 'remove the Kanto pokemon' or 'make it johto only', as that is just getting annoying.

I would like it if...

There was a total rehash of the "Johto dex". In truth, it was just a re-ordered national dex. All of the Johto Pokemon should be in Johto, because then there wouldn't be a lot of point to it. I wouldn't mind if the usuals came in (Pikachu, Abra, Geodude off of the top of my head) because they always do. Also, all Pokemon related to Johto Pokemon by evolution (like Magmortar, related to Magby) should be included. And throw in a few Sinnoh/Kanto/Hoenn Pokemon to round up the number.

MikeTheBattler

I have Action Replay - but I bought it fix a program error on my Animal Crossing game. It's going to be so tempting to use it in the new game... I'm locking it away! Legit playing for the win!

Maybe I'll make a 'Temptation of AR Soul Silver Blog' :p

I have Action Replay - but I bought it fix a program error on my Animal Crossing game. It's going to be so tempting to use it in the new game... I'm locking it away! Legit playing for the win!

Maybe I'll make a 'Temptation of AR Soul Silver Blog' :p

I never used Action Replay, simply because I thought that it would take the fun and time out of the game, I mean shouldn't you feel proud when you wait for a event for 2 months?

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I hope they pull a Platinium and add some of the Gen IV evolutions to it, So we don't have to wait forever to get them.

ap13095

Noobslayer
This is my take on how the new Johto Dex should look. Note that this isn't in a specific order - well, technically, it is, but I wouldn't use this order for the actual game, if I chose so.

- First, I put all the Johto Pokémon and their evolutionary lines in.

1. Chikorita
2. Bayleef
3. Meganium
4. Cyndaquil
5. Quilava
6. Typhlosion
7. Totodile
8. Croconaw
9. Feraligatr
10. Sentret
11. Furret
12. Hoothoot
13. Noctowl
14. Ledyba
15. Ledian
16. Spinarak
17. Ariados
18. Zubat
19. Golbat
20. Crobat
21. Chinchou
22. Lanturn
23. Pichu
24. Pikachu
25. Raichu
26. Cleffa
27. Clefairy
28. Clefable
29. Igglybuff
30. Jigglypuff
31. Wigglytuff
32. Togepi
33. Togetic
34. Togekiss
35. Natu
36. Xatu
37. Mareep
38. Flaaffy
39. Ampharos
40. Oddish
41. Gloom
43. Vileplume
44. Bellossom
45. Azurill
46. Marill
47. Azumarill
48. Bonsly
49. Sudowoodo
50. Poliwag
51. Poliwhirl
52. Poliwrath
53. Politoed
54. Hoppip
55. Skiploom
56. Jumpluff
57. Aipom
58. Ambipom
59. Sunkern
60. Sunflora
61. Yanma
62. Yanmega
63. Wooper
64. Quagsire
65. Eevee
66. Vaporeon
67. Jolteon
68. Flareon
69. Espeon
70. Umbreon
71. Leafeon
72. Glaceon
73. Murkrow
74. Honchkrow
75. Slowpoke
76. Slowbro
77. Slowking
78. Misdreavus
79. Mismagius
80. Unown
81. Wynaut
82. Wobbuffet
83. Girafarig
84. Pineco
85. Forretress
86. Dunsparce
87. Gligar
88. Gliscor
89. Onix
90. Steelix
91. Snubbull
92. Granbull
93. Qwilfish
94. Scyther
95. Scizor
96. Shuckle
97. Heracross
98. Sneasel
99. Weavile
100. Teddiursa
101. Ursaring
102. Slugma
103. Magcargo
104. Swinub
105. Piloswine
106. Mamoswine
107. Corsola
108. Remoraid
109. Octillery
110. Delibird
111. Mantyke
112. Mantine
113. Skarmory
114. Houndour
115. Houndoom
116. Horsea
117. Seadra
118. Kingdra
119. Phanpy
120. Donphan
121. Porygon
122. Porygon2
123. Porygon-Z
124. Stantler
125. Smeargle
126. Tyrogue
127. Hitmonlee
128. Hitmonchan
129. Hitmontop
130. Smoochum
131. Jynx
132. Elekid
133. Electabuzz
134. Electivire
135. Magby
136. Magmar
137. Magmortar
138. Tauros
139. Miltank
140. Happiny
141. Chansey
142. Blissey
143. Raikou
144. Entei
145. Suicune
146. Larvitar
147. Pupitar
148. Tyranitar
149. Lugia
150. Ho-Oh
151. Celebi

Wow - it actually came out to 151. But we can't stop there, since next we have to add all those Pokémon that are in every Regional Dex. You guessed it; these are those annoying Tentacool and Geodude that have to keep popping up everywhere.

152. Psyduck
153. Golduck
154. Abra
155. Kadabra
156. Alakazam
157. Machop
158. Machoke
159. Machamp
160. Tentacool
161. Tentacruel
162. Geodude
163. Graveler
164. Golem
165. Magnemite
166. Magneton
167. Magnezone
168. Rhyhorn
169. Rhydon
170. Rhyperior
171. Goldeen
172. Seaking
173. Magikarp
174. Gyarados

Finally, I added some other Pokémon that would fit into the game, by my standards. Most are Kanto Pokémon, but there are a few others.

175. Caterpie
176. Metapod
177. Butterfree
178. Weedle
179. Kakuna
180. Beedrill
181. Pidgey
182. Pidgeotto
183. Pidgeot
184. Starly
185. Staravia
186. Staraptor
187. Nidoran-F
188. Nidorina
189. Nidoqueen
190. Nidoran-M
191. Nidorino
192. Nidoking
193. Vupix
194. Ninetales
195. Growlithe
196. Arcanine
197. Bellsprout
198. Weepinbell
199. Victreebel
200. Gastly
201. Haunter
202. Gengar
203. Shellder
204. Cloyster
205. Lapras
206. Tangela
207. Tangrowth
208. Munchlax
209. Snorlax
210. Ralts
211. Kirlia
212. Gardevoir
213. Gallade
214. Exeggcute
215. Exeggutor
216. Makuhita
217. Hariyama
218. Sableye
219. Mawile
220. Swablu
221. Altaria
222. Budew
223. Roselia
224. Roserade
225. Nosepass
226. Probopass
227. Duskull
228. Dusclops
229. Dusknoir
230. Farfetch'd

Some of the last batch are some that are needed (were important in Johto), a few sounded good, and a couple were personal choice (only Starly, but it could be argued for.)

This is only my idea - please, give me feedback. Hoped you like it.