• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HGSS PokeDex Discussion

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
It would be nice to see the new prevo's en evo's of second gen pokemon obtainable before national dex. I could defiantly see Pryce have a Mamoswine aswell.

Other then that I want some pokemon catchable earlier then in the original, for example it always bothered me that you couldn't get houndour/houndoom before the E4. Is it that hard to give us some cool fire pokemon usuable early in game besides a starter?

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
As Chaos Rush said, it is entirely OPTIONAL to get those on your team. Besides, They al NEEDED evolution.

Tundra

^ Yes, that is why I think they are doing it for a reason, I remember when we were waiting patiently for FR/LG in the last three or four weeks before it's jap' release we had almost everything. Yet this time we don't, it's hard to believe that we are jsut about to have it on the shelves with hardly any info out... I think they will shock us with something in the game something that we will never expect.

I'll imagine that Pokemon Sunday or Coro Coro, will soon have some information on the PokeDex, Elite Four, Gym Leaders and other whatnot.

Did anyone find out about that book we got with Coro coro? If you can't remember, it was a book you got with either CoroCoro, or maybe Famitsu, and it had all about the latest features of HG/SS, did anyone actually get one?

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
AARRGGHH!!! Why can't they open their mouths and LEAk their detials and DROWN in them LOLE. I think that they are keeping so many secrets so more people will buy it to know the secret. Just sayin'.

AARRGGHH!!! Why can't they open their mouths and LEAk their detials and DROWN in them LOLE. I think that they are keeping so many secrets so more people will buy it to know the secret. Just sayin'.

I really want to know what the Pokedex is, so I can either kill myself if they have added 4th Gen Pokes, or dance around everywhere if it's similar to the original, but just changed the numbers around.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
They may have gotten rid of a few pokemon because the toatal legendaies is 5 prior e4 and it COULD be 219 be last then the five.

Cackles

I don't understand why the inclusion of 4th gen. Pokemon would be the end of the world. I mean, there are 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex... I don't see why it can't be the other way around too.

Shinx_the_Sphinx

Staravia Trainer
I don't understand why the inclusion of 4th gen. Pokemon would be the end of the world. I mean, there are 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex... I don't see why it can't be the other way around too.

I really think the Johto Dex would be more complete if all evolutionary relatives of 1st/2nd Gen Pokemon were in there. They wouldn't ruin the game, they would add to it.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I cannot agree more. If people are going to just whine and complain about how new evos ruin your nostalgia, they can just give their Pokemon a fu*king Everstone.

Or just play the originals.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
I really do not care because it has so many additons that i'm just gonna expect more surprises when i get the game in like 3 weeks anyway.

Tundra

I really think the Johto Dex would be more complete if all evolutionary relatives of 1st/2nd Gen Pokemon were in there. They wouldn't ruin the game, they would add to it.

Because the fourth gen pokes suck :p

nah but seriously I don't have a problem I just hope they come after the national dex and for the first while int he game I get more johto guys

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
The Gen 4 move evolvers are the only ones WORTH staying and preevos like Azurill, Bonsly, Mime Jr. and Happiny, too.

I wonder if they're going to remove all Kanto exclusive Pokemon, because if they removed Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Mew and Mewtwo, surely we'd have enough room for the likes the Gen III and IV Baby Pokemon, the Gen III and IV evolutions wouldn't they?

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Yeah and this is also a shoe in... YAY.... except the fossils

HERLS

LOLOLOL
Personally I can see every single Pokemon from the original Johto dex returning in some form. I mean, we've seen the Kanto birds, there are rumours of Mewtwo, the Kanto starters are likely going to be available in the style of Emerald's distribution of Johto starters, and there's no reason for the fossils to not be in. Throw in the ALL of the 3rd and 4th gen evolutions/pre-evolutions of the KantoJohto gang, from Wynaut to Mismagius to Lickylicky, and you've got a damn hefty regional dex. Something also tells me, for some reason, that Kanto and Johto may share one dex, and that whilst the national dex may be obtained pre-Kanto, National dex Pokes won't appear in abundance until the defeat of Red, or something.