1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Hi All! Hardest captures in the safari zone?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by lynhaky, Dec 12, 2019.

1. lynhaky

lynhaky New Member

What was your hardest capture in the safari zone.

It took me forever to get syther and dratini but when a chansey appeared I caught it first try :eek:. Still have yet to catch a Tauros.

Leonhart likes this.
  2. 955561976

955561976 Well-Known Member

Definitely Chansey for me. You did well to get one first try!

TwilightBlade and Leonhart like this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Lucky (Chansey) and Garura (Kangaskhan) for me. All the hard to find wild Pokemon in the Safari Zone were a pain in the neck to capture, and I wasn't a fan of that place as a result.

4. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

I always had bad luck finding Tauros and even harder luck catching one in the Safari Zone. Chansey was also one of those hard to encounter Pokemon and I wish she could be found in Cerulean Cave in FRLG like in Red/Blue.

TwilightBlade likes this.
  5. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I forgot that they could be found in that cave in the original Kanto games, and it's really a shame that Game Freak changed things in LG/FR. Also, I will admit that capturing Kentauros (Tauros) was an ordeal for me too in these games, although I remember finding them more frequently than Lucky (Chansey) or Garura (Kangaskhan).

6. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

Easily Chansey. Not only is it rare but it is very likely to flee after your first action. Count yourself lucky if you get more than one chance to toss a Safari Ball at it.

TwilightBlade and Leonhart like this.
  7. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Tauros and Kangaskhan, and I actually managed to catch a Chansey holding a Lucky Egg in FireRed.

RedBlastoise and Leonhart like this.
  8. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

Scyther, Pinsir, Tauros, Kangaskhan and Chansey are all super hard to catch at the Safari Zone so I can't choose just one. I'm surprised nobody said Dragonair yet because I could've sworn it was hard to find too.

Leonhart likes this.
  9. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

That's incredibly lucky, no pun intended. Lucky (Chansey) only has a 5% chance of holding the Lucky Egg in LG/FR, so finding one with that held item is extremely rare.

10. jaden767

jaden767 Red Trainer

Chansey was the hardest safari zone pokemon for me to track down in Fire Red but the hardest one to catch was Tauros. It took me three days of looking and trying before I snagged one.

RedBlastoise and Leonhart like this.