1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Hi Ho Silver Wind! (398)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo blows stuff uhup

I couldn't help noticing something - when Harley first shows up and calls out to May, is it just me or does he pronounce 'Haruka-chan' with a bit of an American twang? It's probably nothing, but I thought it was funny.

BTW, what does 'totemo' mean?

2. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

Like I said, 'totemo' means 'very'. I'm very SUPRISE that you didn't know that, Jo-Jo. XD

Ha. Ever since that Izabe episode, 'kamo' has become quite famous. I recall that guy with the boat using it in the Donphan episode, Jessie using it a few times (Usually in mocking of May.) and, of course, teh Harley. I love the bit after May says she's 'genki kamo' and Harley starts saying kamo over and kamo, clasping his hands together and such. :3

Even better is when Harley gets 'nervous' and really starts to take the p*ss out of May's kamo usage. XD

3. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

Okay, so what does Kamo actually mean? Is it just like how Meowth ends his sentances with "Nya" in the original, like a trademark or does it actually mean something.

4. Some speculate that it's a shortened version of "kamoshirenai", which means "perhaps" or "might" or "maybe". Other than that, I have no idea...

5. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

Murgatroyd says it's basically meaningless, like an idiosyncracy of May's. I guess it's kinda like how some people overuse "like" in English. "I was, like, going to the mall, and this car, like, swerved right in front of me!" That kinda thing.

6. I bet in the dub the voice actor sounds like the guy in the original.

7. jynx

jynx Guest

[​IMG]
    Are these Pokemon all like random? o_O|||
    Or are they the ones that appear in previous contests?

8. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

They are all totally random.

9. jynx

jynx Guest

Oh I see...

But why don't they choose some Pokemon that are easy to draw though?

10. Gaiash

Gaiash Champion Scientist

whats wrong with an art challenge?

11. jynx

jynx Guest

hm...i just think it might give the animators a lot of extra hard work...

12. Gaiash

Gaiash Champion Scientist

some people like a challenge

13. Haruka

Haruka Guest

They look sad! They could use own power and destroy Team Rocket :s

14. jynx

jynx Guest

Really?
    I thought they are quite busy...anyway.

-------------------------
    Re Haruka:
    Maybe they think they shouldn't lounge an attack without owner's permission?

(Jynx is surrendering, I think XD)

15. May definetly has a chance of winning the Grand Festival she is doing sooooooooo well with her co-orinador skills and she is so tanled!!^..^ ^_^.

~Deoxys Lover;386-a;~

16. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Well...she...uh....doesn't.

17. suavesky

suavesky Guest

this should be interesting

18. BrokenDreams

BrokenDreams Guest

Does anybody know how many coordinators entered the GF?

19. WaterDragon trainer

WaterDragon trainer Freak Like Me

I thought this episode was good. When I first saw how "nice" Harley was, the only thing I thought to myself was "OK, he snapped!" But now, I say it's pretty obvious he still has it out for May. I really can't wait for next week's epsiodes. So many pokemon make their debut(Banette, Swalot, Glaile, Flygon<his first actual anime debut/not shadowed out or in a movie>).

20. ghost master

ghost master the kawaiist thing

I enjoyed this episode. I enjoyed Harley during the episode and had a few funny moments. I'm suprised that 4 kids actually got his character down good. Although it is never adressed about Harley's sexuality its obviouis in the anime what it is and I was afraid 4kids would try to dub it out but, they didnt take out his personality which is a plus. They also picked a good VA for him compared to their usual choices. Also yipee for a Jynx appearance.