1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Hi I am an English teacher in Japan!

Discussion in 'SPPf Help & Newbie Lounge' started by EnglishALT, Nov 22, 2017.

1. EnglishALT

EnglishALT Well-Known Member

Hey I just wanted to introduce myself, I am an elementary school teacher in Japan. Since I am in the land of Pokemon I figured I would join to keep a tether to the world outside of Japan and possibly have some team help if I ever go to one of the Poke Center tournaments.

So just wanted to say... hello.

2. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

Welcome! I’ve always wanted to go to Japan. Do you think you could teach me some simple and common Japanese phrases? I’m trying to become a drag queen and a Yoko Ono impersonator and I think knowing some Japanese will help me.

3. Kiraush

Kiraush Member

Welcome!
    I was planning on being an English teacher in Japan myself, however I ended up getting married and having kids and settling down.
    At this point in my life, I'm unsure if I will ever be able to do it, as I can't imagine it would be too easy to move a whole family to Japan. :(

But who knows!
    If you have any insight to maybe spark the fire in my heart for the job I've wanted since I was very young, I would greatly appreciate it. :)