• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hi I am an English teacher in Japan!

EnglishALT

Hey I just wanted to introduce myself, I am an elementary school teacher in Japan. Since I am in the land of Pokemon I figured I would join to keep a tether to the world outside of Japan and possibly have some team help if I ever go to one of the Poke Center tournaments.

So just wanted to say... hello.

Welcome to Serebii.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Welcome! I’ve always wanted to go to Japan. Do you think you could teach me some simple and common Japanese phrases? I’m trying to become a drag queen and a Yoko Ono impersonator and I think knowing some Japanese will help me.

Kiraush

Welcome!
I was planning on being an English teacher in Japan myself, however I ended up getting married and having kids and settling down.
At this point in my life, I'm unsure if I will ever be able to do it, as I can't imagine it would be too easy to move a whole family to Japan. :(

But who knows!
If you have any insight to maybe spark the fire in my heart for the job I've wanted since I was very young, I would greatly appreciate it. :)