• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hi! Whats your name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddiUrsa

When I was 11 I made up a comic character loosly based of off an old German TV puppet show named "Launebär" (Moodbear). It created several comic-stories around Launebär and a few more characters ( even made a RPG with them for the RPGmaker2000) until I started my university career a few years ago. ( btw, it is NOT a furry series, as Launebär and his family are the only furry characters in the story ;) )

I used "Launebär" as my nick on several forums or internetplatforms over the years, but due to the "ä" in it I never used it on english-speaking forums.
But I wanted to take a name that is similar and back in 2003 the only bear-like Pokémon were Teddiursa and Ursaring. 50:50...I`ve choosen Teddiursa.

Yeah, I was never a crazy Teddiursa workshipper, but the main character of my comic is also a bear. Go figure.

Penguinist Trainer

We've all seen the pokemon trainers that are dressed up as their favorite pokemon. Well if anyone has played Tales of Symphonia, then you already know who the Penguinist tribe is. Needless to say, that is what kind of trainer I would be. I'd be dressed in a big Penguinist outfit.

izzyrose

Pro trainer
I chose mine because I didnt have any idea what else to call it, so I just named my account after myself XD

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Much to my embarassment, my name is spelt incorrectly. It should be Vermelho Steele.
vermelho means 'red' in Portuguese. Steele is just a last name that is a material with an 'e' on the end, ergo, Red Steele. Make of that what you will.

Why I chose it? Well, it's just an alias.

FadedPolaris

Feeesssshhh
One of my old favorite DDR songs is The Shining Polaris, so I used that a lot.

Then along came a day I didn't feel so "shining," so I became Faded.

It stuck.

Arctic ursarang

Gonzap's facial hair
my gamertag is snazzypolarebear, polar bears are my favorite anials and ursaring are my favorite pokemon(but i spelled it wrong, it should be ursaring, not ursarang, oh well)

natie

Mr. F
Natie was my nickname when I was 12. I was 13 when I signed up for Serebii and thus I chose that name. Couldn't even be arsed to capitalise it. And now I'm stuck with it.

On every other forum on the internet, I'm known (or not) as Overlord Nathan/Nadrian. Overlord as in the PC game, Nathan is my real name. Nadrian's an inside joke from the forum I frequent most.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Back in 2004, Grovyle was my favorite Pokemon. Grovyle's Japanese name is Juputoru. I was in the height of my weaboo "JAPANESE NAMES ARE BETTER" phase. Do the math.

Despite my username being a reminder of that shameful time, I really don't regret anything about it...except for the fact that people keep spelling it wrong. At least it's easy enough to shorten down to "Jupu" or "Jup."

FlameRose

Roses have always been my favorite flower, and fire is my favorite pokemon type. I combined the two and poof, my username.

Mealou

Banned
Letters popped into my head a few years ago and I made a name of them.
Never really used it until now though.

Meganium XD because all the good names were taken and because five years ago Meganium was my favorite Pokemon. Then I changed and changed and changed it until eventually I got to Meganium Ex.

Now I desperately wish I could change it but the goddamn username changing thread is never going to reopen anyway and Joe won't add some sort of hack that allows people to change their own usernames by themselves, so I guess I have to deal with it.

magmavire

Electivire is my favorite pokemon bu I wanted something a little more original so I added my second favorite magmortar and bam the ultimate nuisance to dragonfree.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
The reason is so obvious i don't actually think i need to explain it.

Torpoleon

My SPPf Username Origin came from two Generation IV Pokemon Names. There is Torterra & Empoleon. So, now a lot of you should know, Torterra & Empoleon are my favorite Pokemon excluding any Generation V and onwards Pokemon.

pokebeast8

The Awesomest
My name is Pokebeast8 because this is a pokemon forum so poke is appropriate and I am a beast at pokemon so that is why I am pokebeast. I added the 8 because that is my favorite number.

hitoshura0

My old online name used to be forever0, which was named after Lynx's final attack in Chrono Cross. After a while I got bored with that and became obsessed with SMT. Thus, my current name, hitoshura0.

DemokaronesX

The Dark Rose
Mine? A long time ago when I played Maplestory, I made up crappy names...
Then, since I wanted to make something original, this just popped in my head.
I probably have the most random of names that relates to NOTHING.. But I stuck
to it. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.