• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

hidden abilitys? why not Hidden types

Do you think GF should add HIDDEN TYPES?

• Yes

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 86.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
Tauros-Normal--------------Hidden Type------>Normal/Ground or Normal/Rock

Every rock type yet is either made out of rock or were fossilized... Taurus is neither. Arceus is an exception because it's a god pokemon.

Ausgirl

It wouldn't make any sense. Can you imagine pokemon having three types? as well as abilities?

There comes a time when enough is enough.

Although I do hope that they will find a way to implement the dw in XY or have something similar to it, perhaps even an updated pokewalker...

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
This pretty much would just be an excuse for wanting certain pokemon to be types that they arent. Their types are like their species. Abilities are just abilite.

Not really...it would be interesting though

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Every rock type yet is either made out of rock or were fossilized... Taurus is neither. Arceus is an exception because it's a god pokemon.

yeah i realized that one..... i got to edit that one

The Musician

Heracross trainer
No, as the autor said, the hidden type would be a third type. It can be a type it matches its appearance or just a type to annul a weakness or gain an immunity.

Well if that's the case then it will never happen. I think you missed my point: the game designers already chose types for the Pokemon. They aren't going to add a third type just because some of the fans think otherwise. You might believe, for example, that Charizard should be Fire/Dragon, but the creators/designers think it should be Fire/Flying. It's a done deal, and why change it when they can just create a Fire/Dragon in the next generation if they so desire?

well anyways that would be nice to see.....
Hidden type pokemon id like to see

Gyrados-Water/flying----------Hidden type-----> Water/Dragon

Charizard-Fire/Flying-----------Hidden Type---->Fire/Dragon

Tauros-Normal--------------Hidden Type------>Normal/Ground

Lapras-Water/Ice------------Hidden type----->Water/Psychic

Psyduck/Goldduck-Water-----Hidden type----->Water/Psychic

so in a way they would have 3 types.....
ETC................

Also that's not having three types at once, which is what both of you implied in your responses to my post. For Golduck it would only be a second type, so I have no idea what you guys are actually getting at (which makes your argument weaker...).

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Well if that's the case then it will never happen. I think you missed my point: the game designers already chose types for the Pokemon. They aren't going to add a third type just because some of the fans think otherwise. You might believe, for example, that Charizard should be Fire/Dragon, but the creators/designers think it should be Fire/Flying. It's a done deal, and why change it when they can just create a Fire/Dragon in the next generation if they so desire?

Also that's not having three types at once, which is what both of you implied in your responses to my post. For Golduck it would only be a second type, so I have no idea what you guys are actually getting at (which makes your argument weaker...).

I didnt say 3 types at once..i saaid it would seem like 3 types..... but its only 2 just an extra type (hidden type)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
1. There's more than one reason why Charizard and Gyarados are not Dragon.

2. Three Types/Hidden Types just overcomplicate things especially for newbie players.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
1. There's more than one reason why Charizard and Gyarados are not Dragon.

2. Three Types/Hidden Types just overcomplicate things especially for newbie players.

i guess your right...