• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Discuss everything to do with Hidden Hollows in B2W2. Remember to follow all other SPPf rules before posting.

Bardische

Elegance.
So, is there any particular reason why mulch is found in the Hidden Hollows? Is it just to emphasize that it's an unexplored area of sorts and that there's ~rare soil~ or something? It's just weird since you can't really use the mulch :U

And so far I've never really obtained any stones from the hollows. Are they rare occurrences or just as random as a Poke Ball, or a Potion?

gliscor&yanmega

All the Hidden Hollow Pokemon are known now right? I wanted Porygon, shame, oh well I'll be using it's other abilities for it's evolutions.

I'm glad Vulipx and Poliwhirl are available, was looking to make the four Weather Teams and now I'll be able to.

Wonder how stressful it'll be to find certain Pokemon, I hear the time Hidden Hollow re-spawns is all over, plus sometimes there's nothing in it.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
All the Hidden Hollow Pokemon are known now right? I wanted Porygon, shame, oh well I'll be using it's other abilities for it's evolutions.

I'm glad Vulipx and Poliwhirl are available, was looking to make the four Weather Teams and now I'll be able to.

Wonder how stressful it'll be to find certain Pokemon, I hear the time Hidden Hollow re-spawns is all over, plus sometimes there's nothing in it.

Yeah, I can't seem to figure out when it exactly re-spawns. Sometimes it'll be like an hour, but yesterday I waited like four hours before something re-spawned.

Edit: Here's the tables for anyone too lazy to look at Serebii:

Items:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/hollow-items.htm

Pokemon:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/hollow.htm

*Percentages are chances to be female. Yes, Nosepass has a different chance between Black 2 and White 2.

GameMaster0000

Chaos Nightmare
May be it is not reference on time but step count?

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Ooh, Dragonite. That's gonna be awesome.

Ronflex

I don't get the percentages. farmed the whole day and never never never found a female. It's also difficult to find Pokémon, usually there are useless items.
Speaking of Hidden Abilites and female mons: I kept softresetting for the Castelia Eevee but it's ALWAYS male. What the?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
I don't get the percentages. farmed the whole day and never never never found a female. It's also difficult to find Pokémon, usually there are useless items.
Speaking of Hidden Abilites and female mons: I kept softresetting for the Castelia Eevee but it's ALWAYS male. What the?

What's there to get? Each Pokemon has a certain percentage of being found female when found in a Hidden Hollow. Doesn't mean you'll definitely get one, even if you farm all day.

And I think the Castelia Eevee is always male, but I'm not sure it was ever checked.

Last edited:

Ronflex

Yeah, that's theory. But 30% percentage isn't low, but a WHOLE day didn't bring male mons. This is disappointing.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Yeah, that's theory. But 30% percentage isn't low, but a WHOLE day didn't bring male mons. This is disappointing.

Err, what is theory? The Eevee being always male, or the percentages? If it's the Eevee, yeah probably, but that's what it's looking like right now. If it's the percentage, that's not theory. It was taken straight from the game.

Well, I had some problems getting a male Spinarak to hatch out of an egg in Pokemon White Version, and it always seemed to be female. I am not quite sure if this has anything to do with an Eevee, but my situation I had was pretty similar to the one you have. And I can not wait for the Hidden Hollows, myself. And it is amazing that they respawn. I can not wait until B2 and W2 come out in English! :D

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Well, I had some problems getting a male Spinarak to hatch out of an egg in Pokemon White Version, and it always seemed to be female. I am not quite sure if this has anything to do with an Eevee, but my situation I had was pretty similar to the one you have. And I can not wait for the Hidden Hollows, myself. And it is amazing that they respawn. I can not wait until B2 and W2 come out in English! :D

If you were hatching the same egg, that'd be why. Once you have an egg, everything about it is determined.

Status
Not open for further replies.