• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronflex

Yeah, as you said. I tried visiting both.
But... what is that data document?
Almost every Pokémon is mentioned more times and the gender ratio is different from the Serebii one.
Until now I found these Pokémon:

FEMALE: Herdier, Medicham, Combee, Breloom, Bagon, Amoongus, Zangoose, Bibarel, Foongus, Corsola, Watchog, Woobat, Liepard, Seviper, Marill.
GENDERLESS or MALE ONLY: Metang, Bronzor, Ditto, Nidoran(M).
MALE: Minccino, Swablu, Clefairy, Spheal, Kingler, Leavanny, Hariyama, Golduck and I met the male counterpart of almost every female I've found.

Notes:
-in my experience, the Foongus line is the most common and easy to find. I'm not joking if I tell you that 40% of the Pokémon I found, overall, were Foogus and Amoongus.
-Some Pokémon seem quite more common than others in certain hollows: I spent hours at the Abundant Shrine and never caught a Vulpix and the same at Pinwheel exterior with Poliwhirl, but I met a looooooot of the other Pokémon catchable there.
-Pokémon are quite rarer than objects, I'd say 9 items out 10 and 1 Pokémon out 10 or so.

Everything I noted isn't based on game numbers and stats, just my experience which could be kinda different from yours.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Yeah, as you said. I tried visiting both.
But... what is that data document?
Almost every Pokémon is mentioned more times and the gender ratio is different from the Serebii one.
Until now I found these Pokémon:

FEMALE: Herdier, Medicham, Combee, Breloom, Bagon, Amoongus, Zangoose, Bibarel, Foongus, Corsola, Watchog, Woobat, Liepard, Seviper, Marill.
GENDERLESS or MALE ONLY: Metang, Bronzor, Ditto, Nidoran(M).
MALE: Minccino, Swablu, Clefairy, Spheal, Kingler, Leavanny, Hariyama, Golduck and I met the male counterpart of almost every female I've found.

Notes:
-in my experience, the Foongus line is the most common and easy to find. I'm not joking if I tell you that 40% of the Pokémon I found, overall, were Foogus and Amoongus.
-Some Pokémon seem quite more common than others in certain hollows: I spent hours at the Abundant Shrine and never caught a Vulpix and the same at Pinwheel exterior with Poliwhirl, but I met a looooooot of the other Pokémon catchable there.
-Pokémon are quite rarer than objects, I'd say 9 items out 10 and 1 Pokémon out 10 or so.

Everything I noted isn't based on game numbers and stats, just my experience which could be kinda different from yours.

This one? I'm pretty sure Serebii got the stuff on the website from this list, since this list is taken pretty much straight from the games. I'm not quite sure why they're listed multiple times, but I didn't make the list. Every non genderless/single gender Pokemon can be female, except for Nosepass in White 2. I haven't done much with Hidden Hollows, so everything I say is pretty much strictly from data.

Ronflex

Yeah, the problem is that if you take for example the Vulpix line it tells 10% female ratio on that document and 30% on the Serebii page.
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/hiddenhollow.shtml
This isn't actually a great worry to me since I can't even find Vulpix itself lol. I tought repetion on that list could mean higher encounter chance, but this doesn't match the experience at all: Breloom and Hariyama are mentioned a single time and I found a lot of them, Vulpix and Poliwhirl are mentioned multiple times and I never found one. In addition to this, Female Combee are quite more common than they could appear since I have 3 female ones and a male one. XD
I hate percentages... LOL

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I'm actually pretty psyched about the Hidden Hollows. They're like your hidden base in RSE or your underground base in DPPT. Not only that but a poke with hidden abilities? and the occasional item just adds icing to this cake

gliscor&yanmega

I'm actually pretty psyched about the Hidden Hollows. They're like your hidden base in RSE or your underground base in DPPT. Not only that but a poke with hidden abilities? and the occasional item just adds icing to this cake

I don't think it's really like the secret bases, those you can change to your liking, you can't do anything with Hidden Hollow aside from hope to find a Pokemon, or Item I guess but I'm sure most people want the Pokemon.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I don't think it's really like the secret bases, those you can change to your liking, you can't do anything with Hidden Hollow aside from hope to find a Pokemon, or Item I guess but I'm sure most people want the Pokemon.

no i don't mean that you can change the aesthetics. I refer to the fact its a seperate space intended with a specific purpose. also finding a hidden hollow is reminiscent of using Hidden Power on a rock or tree ;)

I think that know breloom is findable in there it will be in the VOU tier

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Almost every Pokémon is mentioned more times

They are "encounter slots" I presume. If you know how to RNG Pokemon then you know what that means. Im guessing that the encounter slot #s just havent been figured out, since the mechanic behind the generation/selection of the Pokemon/Item hasnt been either.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
They are "encounter slots" I presume. If you know how to RNG Pokemon then you know what that means. Im guessing that the encounter slot #s just havent been figured out, since the mechanic behind the generation/selection of the Pokemon/Item hasnt been either.

knowing the community the RNG mechanics will be fine tuned and ready by the time BW2 is released internationally ;)

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Can pokemon in the Hidden Hollows be Shiny?

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Really loving the idea of Hidden Hollows, and the Pokemon inside are a pretty solid smattering too. Specifically happy about Poliwhirl (Drizzle Politoed!), Regenerator Tangela, Imposter Ditto, Multiscale Dragonite, Prankster Murkrow, Immunity Gligar, Technician Breloom, Flare Boost Drifloon and Simple Woobat. Gonna be fun to explore them and try to get all the available Pokemon.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Really loving the idea of Hidden Hollows, and the Pokemon inside are a pretty solid smattering too. Specifically happy about Poliwhirl (Drizzle Politoed!), Regenerator Tangela, Imposter Ditto, Multiscale Dragonite, Prankster Murkrow, Immunity Gligar, Technician Breloom, Flare Boost Drifloon and Simple Woobat. Gonna be fun to explore them and try to get all the available Pokemon.

Unless you have no Wi-Fi access for the Dream World, you should have obtained a DW Poliwag/Tangela/Dratini/Murkrow/Gligar/Drifloon by now, considering they are in the first three areas introduced to the DW (Forest/Sky/Sea) :p

No they cannot

They can't? Aww. I wonder why, even static legendaries in B/W 2 can shine.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Unless you have no Wi-Fi access for the Dream World, you should have obtained a DW Poliwag/Tangela/Dratini/Murkrow/Gligar/Drifloon by now, considering they are in the first three areas introduced to the DW (Forest/Sky/Sea) :p
While that's true, I generally find the DW to be kind of a bore and the fact that you can't really soft-reset for nature, gender, etc. means that I find Hidden Hollows phenomenally more convenient (I also don't really RNG as of now).

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
While that's true, I generally find the DW to be kind of a bore and the fact that you can't really soft-reset for nature, gender, etc. means that I find Hidden Hollows phenomenally more convenient (I also don't really RNG as of now).

You actually can soft-reset for nature. But I do agree that Hidden Hollows are much more convenient.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad

my my its like a bag full of treats on halloween. and you don't need to be a brat to get the goodies. though considering the age of the main character.....;p

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
You actually can soft-reset for nature [when battling Pokémon found in the Dream World].

But wouldn't you have to soft reset, then re-activate the C-Gear, then go to the Entralink again just to encounter the Pokémon?
Whichever game designing or developing team came up with the idea of Hidden Hollows deserves much thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.