• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangejuice

I caught a female dragonite, but didn't have any luck concerning Ditto. (argh, I want Imposter Ditto so badly...)

Last edited:

Sir Rouge

I really want a Dragonite with Multiscale ability, and figured that my best chance of getting on is via the hidden grotto feature. I read somewhere that the best way of searching a hidden grotto is to make sure than there's an untouched item/pokemon in every other hidden grotto, which is ensure than the hidden grotto you are focusing on has more of a chance of regenerating. Not sure if this is definitely correct but thought I'd give it a go.

Anyway, I get to the Hidden grotto on route 18, and my dowsing machine shows that there's a hidden item. The thing is, it won't let me pick it up!? I know some of you are probably immediately thinking "you are probably standing directly on top of it!" but I can assure you, I'm not. It's as if my A button isn't working, however it's working when doing everything else! I'm standing right next to the item (tried every possible direction), pressing A, and nothing. Won't pick it up at all. But the hidden grotto won't regenerate at all if I don't manage to pick it up, right?

Has ANYBODY got any idea on what's happened here? Like I say, I'm desperate for a Multiscale Dragonite. Or even a Marvelscale dratini, but they're only obtainable via dreamworld, right?

:-(

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Caught many more pokemon in hidden grotto. Including Seviper, two Zangoose, Muk, Murkrow and Tangela. Still wanting and hunting Bagon, it's suppose be uncommon , but not so sure about that anymore. -.- Bouffalant will be nice too.

Sir Rouge

I recently had that problem,once at route 3 near the dark grass and then at route 2.However,when I exited,saved and then reset,these two grottoes were empty.Afterwards,they started working like all other Hidden Grottoes...

Hey thanks for responding. Thought I'd get a few more replies to be honest, but I guess this problem must be a rare thing!

I'll give what you said ago. Like I say, I've made sure every other hidden Grotto had either an item or a pokemon in before focusing on Route 18's in order to get a Dragonite. Guess this method doesn't work!

Daveo100

I like Chesse
I just got a Corsola with HA in a hidden Grotto

Nulava

Banned
I don't really focus too much on Hidden Grottos, but I think I might start getting into them.
The fact that you can find Pokemon with there Hidden Ability's and rare items are absolutely amazing.

I look forwards to seeing the surprise that each Hidden Grottos contain.

I'm interested in them also. Could someone provide a path they take or a route to check a few quickly ?

Gemball

Some time ago I was interested in them seemed well, now I have them not pay much attention because I played out vation versions of Pokémon so I do not know what to do first :D ,but soon they get back is definitely a cool thing like it.

Strytho

Tactical Breeder
anyone else find it frustrating how some difficult to find hidden grotto pokemon were sooo easy to find in friend safari? like ditto for example. Never saw the dang thing in giant chasm but found it within five minutes in the friend safari. Man that made me happy but very mad at the same time.

Blazing Charmander

I've been on a bit of a Hidden Grotto hype lately, and i'm happy with what i've managed to find so far. My search has so far led to me catching Bibarel, Zangoose, Seviper and even a female Kingler with their Hidden Abilities, but my biggest desire like most people is to find a Multiscale Dragonite.

SnowyHill

Snow Warning
It is so difficult to find an Impostor Ditto. I've been trying and trying but it never shows up in the Grotto. Like, everything else, but not Ditto

Arlo

...and so on...
After hundreds of hours, and hundreds of times checking grottoes, in B2 and W2, I've found most of the decent stuff I wanted to find, but only a couple of the really good ones.

The most impressive was probably the Moxie Heracross in Lostlorn Forest - female even. That was in my latest playthrough of W2 (it's the one I replay - B2 has had the same save file since the beginning). I was using a fixed team and had started with Tepig, but I planned on using Camerupt, so didn't really need Emboar, and was debating which fighting type to use instead. Finding that Heracross settled that issue. I later found a Moody Bibarel in the same game.

In B2, I've found a bunch - some good ones like Poison Heal Breloom, Sheer Force Hariyama, Pickpocket Sneasel and Swift Swim Poliwhirl, and a lot of the sort of junky ones like Telepathy Medicham (why would I want a Medicham without Pure Power?) and Minus Manectric. And lots of Foongus and Amoongus. Still looking for a Moxie Bagon and a Multiscale Dragonite though.

I'm trying to get at least 50 of each Shard, so i can teach my Pokemon certain moves. I also want a female Moxie Heracross (for breeding), and I'm sad I was forced to kill a female Overcoat Leavanny, as she broke out of all my Net Balls... I'm currently on Route 11, stalling & training so I can get the last 2 musical props before the whole town get's iced over... (happens after defeating Drayden) Then, I am gonna go to Route 23 and try to get the HA Bouffalant.

Status
Not open for further replies.