• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Does anyone know if it's possible to catch shiny Pokémon in the Hidden Hollows?

3D992

The Living Hologram
Does anyone know what pokemon Serebii was talking about when he said we'd been craving it since 2010?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America

I don't think it's known, but it's probably not possible.

Does anyone know what pokemon Serebii was talking about when he said we'd been craving it since 2010?

Maybe Imposter Ditto? It's the only one I can think of.

3D992

The Living Hologram
What's the big deal about an imposter ditto?

Judas

What's the big deal about an imposter ditto?
It automatically transforms when you send it into battle. You don't have to use Transform anymore. Put a Choice Scarf on it and use it in Wifi, you automatically outspeed your opponent and can do real damage with it. Ditto is actually useful in battles now. o:

Judas

I don't think it's known, but it's probably not possible.
Shiny Pokemon have already been found in the Hidden Hollows. Someone in the 5th Generation Shiny Pokemon Thread claimed to have received a shiny Sap-Sipper Marill. There are more claims, such as someone finding a Shiny Herdier as well.

They could be lying, but I see no reason why they couldn't be shiny and I am giving the people claiming to have found the shinies the benefit of the doubt. However, shininess (like gender) are probably determined when they are generated and not when you start the battle.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Shiny Pokemon have already been found in the Hidden Hollows. Someone in the 5th Generation Shiny Pokemon Thread claimed to have received a shiny Sap-Sipper Marill. There are more claims, such as someone finding a Shiny Herdier as well.

They could be lying, but I see no reason why they couldn't be shiny and I am giving the people claiming to have found the shinies the benefit of the doubt. However, shininess (like gender) are probably determined when they are generated and not when you start the battle.

Huh. The only person I see claiming to have a Marill from BW2 is someone saying they have one from Sangi Ranch.

Judas

Huh. The only person I see claiming to have a Marill from BW2 is someone saying they have one from Sangi Ranch.

Oh woops, guess I misread that.

But I still don't see a reason why they would be shiny locked, it's probably generated at the same time as the Pokemon is just like the gender.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Oh woops, guess I misread that.

But I still don't see a reason why they would be shiny locked, it's probably generated at the same time as the Pokemon is just like the gender.

If they are, it'd be the same reason DW Pokemon are shiny-locked.

So far the only reason I can think of is because.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!

That Shiny Marill of mine might not have been legit. I accidently left the shiny code on when I was testing it and I might of hit the trigger to activate it when I found Marill...

Whether Hidden Hollow Pokemon are Shiny Locked or not, I'm not sure. I don't see why it shouldn't...

Torosiken

This is a title.
That means you just save outside the hidden hollow then? :/ or it's already generated before we enter it?

Somebody should try a test to SR for shiny hidden hollow XD

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
That means you just save outside the hidden hollow then? :/ or it's already generated before we enter it?

Somebody should try a test to SR for shiny hidden hollow XD

It's already generated before we enter it. IVs and Level isn't though. So it might be possible to get a Shiny...or it pulls a Victini on us and has a Shiny Lock on it...<_<

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Apparently a Hollow has a 5% chance of regenerating an item/Pokemon every 256 steps. This is from bond697/mat.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm guessing it's found anywhere.

I AM CRYING TEARS OF AWESOMENESS

It's already generated before we enter it. IVs and Level isn't though. So it might be possible to get a Shiny...or it pulls a Victini on us and has a Shiny Lock on it...<_<

While I'm no expert, isn't the PID RNG separate from the Mersenne Twister RNG? Meaning that if the gender and nature are the same after resetting, we can conclude that shininess will be as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.