• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
I found my first Foogus today. Haven't had much luck with hidden grottoes lately. I did get a newly hatched female sheer force Bagon with Hydro Pump as an egg movd from the GTS, so at least I don't have to work very hard for that one. I'm currently trying to find an imposter ditto, not having much luck though.

ludiloco

Went to the Bagon Grotto and found a Medicham, and it has Telepathy, worthless xD

Gonna leave him in the daycare to get the pure power ability

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Have you tried using the Hidden Grotto Pass Power? it'll increase the chances of finding something quite a bit.

If that involves using some kind of Wi-fi connection, then I'm out of luck. My 3DS hasn't been able to connect to Wi-fi since before I got this game for some weird reason

R_N

If that involves using some kind of Wi-fi connection, then I'm out of luck. My 3DS hasn't been able to connect to Wi-fi since before I got this game for some weird reason

You can do FunFest missions (which give Black/White levels which unlock more powers) without WiFi (local wireless actually).
If I'm reading the main site right you can get the Hidden Grotto power by reaching a Black or White level of 10

Of course to balance out that you can do it at any time (and get actual rewards out of it: search missions let you keep anything, battle missions give you actual exp, etc) you're not guaranteed a White/Black level up

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
You can do FunFest missions (which give Black/White levels which unlock more powers) without WiFi (local wireless actually).
If I'm reading the main site right you can get the Hidden Grotto power by reaching a Black or White level of 10

Of course to balance out that you can do it at any time (and get actual rewards out of it: search missions let you keep anything, battle missions give you actual exp, etc) you're not guaranteed a White/Black level up

Thanks for that :D
Already up to level 6.

After two full weeks of riding around in circles outside the Pinwheel Forest hollow, and several days of breeding, today I finally, FINALLY bred an adamant quick feet Shroomish with perfect atk and spd IVs, with Bullet Seed and Spore bred onto it.

Satisfied? Relieved? Slightly mental? I am currently all these things and more. Now, levelling up. Yay for the fluctuating experience band! *cries*

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
If you've unlocked the find lost items mission, do the level 3 of that - you're almost guarenteed 30 or so pass orbs. I did one with my sister and got almost seventy pass orbs.

Yeah I did a fair few of those got up to level 10 quite quickly, but no sign of the Hidden Grotto Pass Power. You'd think all that running around anyway would get me a Bagon, but no, just more Medicham and mulch.

Crimson_Blazer

Yeah I did a fair few of those got up to level 10 quite quickly, but no sign of the Hidden Grotto Pass Power. You'd think all that running around anyway would get me a Bagon, but no, just more Medicham and mulch.

If you really are level 10 it should definately be there, though it only lasts three minutes. Not much of a time limit for all that work leveling up

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Well it doesn't matter anymore. Because after 5 days of running up and down Skyarrow bridge, getting so much mulc and Medichams, I've finally got a Bagon!!! Whoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Rikis

Aside from my last post, I hadn't had anything exciting happen with my HG the past few days. But today started off great, on my first HG marathon I came across an Imposter Ditto and on my second run across a female Hariyama, which is great because I'm on White 2 and it's only a 4% chance.

Robbob

I have the Pass Power Grotto 3. It really changes the odds for finding the rare pokemon. I almost never find mulch now. In the last 2 days, I have been searching the Grotto for a Pinsir or Heracross. With Pass Power 3, I have found 4 four Pinsir on my Pokemon Black 2. The fourth one was a female. I guess that I played maybe 3 to 4 hours at the most. It is no longer 0.25% chance of finding a Pinsir on PB2 with Pass Power Grotto 3.

Figures. I find this wonder female Pinsir and now I will easily be able to find Pinsir and Heracross in the Dream World. Man. 4 hours of my life wasted.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Oh my gosh...I got an Impostor Ditto on my first try 0_o

What are the odds of that? (Yes, I know the actual odds :p)

0.05%, in case anyone was wondering. You are one lucky dude...

Useless

Lucian's Legacy
Hey, long time lurker and new to the forum, but I wanted to share my hidden grotto finds.

I've found a Marill in the floccesy ranch, a zangoose and a seviper next to the celestial tower, and most recently a sneasel in the giant chasm after defeating Ghestis. :D

And of course the free Minccino when you discover the HG's.

I dunno if that's a lot, but considering what pokemon I got I can't complain. xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.