• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
for hidden grottos in total, i've found a Liepard, Muk, and an Amoongus for pokemon. i mostly get mulch though. :p

All i've found was Nidoran F, Pachirisu, Bibarel and Combee(sadly a male)

TherianForm

King of TM87
Currently SR'ing for females :l
Quick question, while doing a funfest mission can you go in any hidden grotto to get Glameow/Stunky? And is it a specific mission?

Chimecho3000

0.05%, in case anyone was wondering. You are one lucky dude...

How is it that? It should be 1%. When you go into a Hidden Grotto for the first time, there will be something there.

Robbob

Pass Power Grotto 3 and luck are my friends. Here is all my female Hidden Grotto pokemon:

Bouffalant
Foongus
Seviper
Zangoose
Woobat
Marill
Cubchoo
Watchdog
Liepard
Combee
Herdier
Minccino
Leavanny
Garbodor
Muk
Pinsir

Yea. I have no life.

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
It's set when the Pokemon is generated. On a positive note, Heracross doesn't really need any egg moves.

Oh well. At least I got lucky in that it was the first time I checked that Grotto. 0.25%! Not having any luck on a decent nature and IVs though.

Doesn't mean you're going to find a pokemon. Don't forget, your odds of finding an item are much higher.

Are you sure about this? It's 80% to get an item and 20% to get a Pokémon. However I don't think Ditto's chance is 1% of that 20% rather 1% overall. http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/hiddenhollow.shtml The Pokémon's percentages add up to 20%. If it was 1% of the 20% the Pokémon percentages would add up to 100%. So I don't think the numbers show the chance of getting a specific Pokémon once the Grotto has decided it it will have Pokémon, because then Ditto should be 5%. Does this make sense?

gliscor&yanmega

Got a Drifloon a few days back, eventually I'll get around to torturing it(That's what it gets for having an ability that only works if you're Burned).

I also found a Tangela, I wasn't on planning on getting one but I decided I would. Haven't caught it yet though, waiting for the Nature I want.

Still looking for:
Nidoran♀
Nidoran♂
Woobat
Cubchoo
Muk
Garbodor
Kingler
Dragonite
Mienfoo
Gligar
Breloom
Poliwhirl
Vulpix
Pinsir

Plus thinking about getting Pelipper, maybe Golduck, and probably get Seviper if I run into one again, don't really care for either of it's abilities but I want to use Seviper anyways, thinking about using two. I also decided not to get Venonat.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
What are the best ones to find? I'm looking for vulpix and bagon, but are there any that are worth the hunt?

Rakurai

I don't know if I'm just extremely unlucky or something, but it seems like the chances of a Pokemon appearing in a hidden grotto are much lower if you're on the same route as the grotto when something appears in it.

I've been running around outside of the Route 22 grotto, trying to get a Mienfoo, but got about 10 items in a row, even with the grotto power active. Now I'm getting consecutive Pokemon after moving out of the route to do my running.

martsmart1

Some weeks ago I found a male zangoose right?!
Im like okay, so I check what it's ability is in HG you know.
It's Toxic Boost!
I capture that zangoose.
Check the EV, it's Adamant Nature!
OMG, So I called him Scarface (no need 2 explain xD)

alexcthekid

pokemon lover
i feel super luck i got a female mdragonite first time mi went to HG on route 18 and a male bagon first mtime i went to the HG right out side pinwheel forest

battle171

New Gen, Go!
I don't think getting the Pokemon you want would be too hard. Took me a few minutes to get a DW Ditto to appear in the Giant Chasm area. 200 something steps is not too hard to get, and you can pretty much control which Hidden Hollow (used to this name more) generates a Pokemon.

gliscor&yanmega

I don't think getting the Pokemon you want would be too hard. Took me a few minutes to get a DW Ditto to appear in the Giant Chasm area. 200 something steps is not too hard to get, and you can pretty much control which Hidden Hollow (used to this name more) generates a Pokemon.

How are you in any way able to control which Hidden Grotto generates a Pokemon? To my knowledge, there is a 5% chance for each Grotto to respawn upon 256 steps(If it doesn't respawn then you'll have to take another 256 steps), I believe there is a pass power to help increase the chance of something appearing, which I don't think applies to only Pokemon anyways. But I don't see how any of that gives you any power in which Grotto gives you what, it all comes down to luck. There are going to be people who get what they want on the first go, there's going to be people who are at it for days.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Check the EV, it's Adamant Nature!

EV and Nature are two very different things

by the way, you CAN soft reset for Nature. I suggest you to save before capturing next time you get a Pokemon in a grotto, you might not going to be that lucky again.

Natsuyo

Pokèmon Master
EV and Nature are two very different things

by the way, you CAN soft reset for Nature. I suggest you to save before capturing next time you get a Pokemon in a grotto, you might not going to be that lucky again.

I captured a Hidden Grotto pokemon with useless nature, if I breed it can i get a pokemon with Hidden ability too?

Status
Not open for further replies.