• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

Yes, you'll be able to get DW eggs.

Complaining about it doesn't make it any less rare.

No but complaining about it does relieve stress/frustration
At least it's more common than Pinsir/Heracross. Really of all the 1%ers it's probably the most justified.

I wonder why they put it on Route 18, though. There's more than enough trees near Dragonspiral Tower for a Grotto; they could have thrown in a Druddigon and another spot for Mienfoo, too

Kurry

Still searching for Pinsir in Lostlorn Hidden Grotto (Black 2)

Such a frustrating gaming mechanic. I'm only finding mulch, potions, the occasional Combee, and at one time, I even came across a Leavanny. I think the only thing that would infuriate me more is finding a Heracross, which is equally rare. :/

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
been tryign for a bagon for 3 days now. Stupid RNG!! Ive had 3 Hariyamas, and a Medicham. Im on black 2, so the Medicham is rarer then the bagon. I swear the hollow is trolling me

I finally found a Bagon last night, plus it was female :) I've been trying to find a Pachirisu, and cannot find one to save my life. It's been driving me crazy.

I also found a Seviper and a few Amoonguss. Still waiting for a pokemon, any pokemon, to appear in the Giant Chasm grotto. It doesn't spawn very often for me, not even items.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
found a female liepard last night on Rt 9, a female seviper on Rt 7, & a few foongus in other grottoes. i'm not finding a lot of pokemon in my grottoes, just a lot of boring items...mulch & potions & pokeballs...i'm going to make my daily trips to the different grottoes & see if i can scare up anything more before continuing my game...

Found a female Heracross in my W2 Lostlorn forest Grotto.

... Unfortunately, I've already got an Adamant and Jolly female one.

.:NobleArcanine:.

Thoroughly Wicked
I was lucky, i found a female Granbull on my first try. Granted, it's not all that good but I like Snubull and yay for small victories lol

I've had a lucky day today, well... lucky compared to other days. I found a female Medicham, a Metang and a Manectric. They all had good natures on the first try too. Metang is totally pointless, not just it's hidden ability, but I have the Dream Radar so can get unlimited amounts of Beldum. I suppose it's good for my collection...

Tina

Boy Skylark
Found a mincinno a few days ago on the route 5 grotto.
:b luckily my modest syncer worked as well when i caught it.

Roxas The Deaf

the deaf trainer
well, i went into a empty hidden grotto no items no pokemon there. does that happen often or just one off? Been looking for eevee in the hidden grotto :(

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've only found three Hidden Grotto Pokemon so far; two Zangoose on Route 7 and a Watchog on Route 2. I don't get the appeal of these things to be honest. I've wasted a lot of time investigating each and every Hidden Grotto in Unova only to find that they're either completely empty or contain common items like Repels and Mulch. I think I may actually prefer the Dream World over the Hidden Grottoes; at least the former guarantees you'll get a Pokemon, even if it's just one per day.

juniglee

Bad luck, or bad luck?

Finally found a DW Vulpix, for it to be a male...and according to Serebii Dex, chances for Male are 25% compared to Female which is 75%...urghh...

juniglee

well, i went into a empty hidden grotto no items no pokemon there. does that happen often or just one off? Been looking for eevee in the hidden grotto :(

Just means nothing has spawned. There is a 5% chance stuff spawns in Hidden Grotto for every 256 steps you take, 40% of the time it will be a normal item, 40% of the time it will be a hidden item (requires dowsing machine), and 20% of the time it'll be a Pokemon.

Good luck with Eevee hunting!

Meowth City

Staff member
I've been mostly focused on Dream World and Pokestar Studios, but every now and then, I like to check the Hidden Grottos just in case. Yesterday was an especially great day for it, as I finally found an Imposter Ditto. There are still a bunch of Pokemon I'm still after, but here are the current ones I have:

Combee - only one, male
Leavanny - only one, male
Clefairy - only one, female
Hariyama - two, males.
Beedrill - only one, male
Zangoose - one of each gender
Seviper - only one, male
Absol - only one, female
Pelipper - only one, female
Corsola - only one, male
Dragonite - only one, male
Liepard - one of each gender
Garbodor - only one, female
Pachirisu - only one, female
Manectric - only one, male
Nidoran♂

And tons of Amoonguss and Foogus. I have one of each gender, so now, I just I knock out the rest for experience.

Last edited:

That means nothing has spawned in it yet. Or you've got a mulch in the middle.

Anyway, you can't find Eevee in Hidden Grottoes outside of a Japanese only funfest mission.

juniglee

Got a Granbull today. Once again, 25% Male 75% Female...and I got the male. Got a Male Pinsir from Lostlorn, and a Male Chatot from Route 18 too.

Urgh...

MedicalSledgeHammer

AveragePokemonFan
I wanted a Spheal for my playthrough, but the stupid grotto near Lacunosa Town never gave me one, just Amoongus. Now that winter approaches, I plan to catch it, so I can have it for my end-of-game stuff.
So basically, I wish grotto's recharged quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.