• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoshi

Charmander is best

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Thanks! Btw should you save outside the grotto or just infront of the pokemon when sr?

Either or really. Once a Pokemon is generated, soft reseting will only change stuff like natures. Gender is won't change. :(

So you might as well save in front of the Pokemon.

Robbob

After five days of searching, I have finally found a female DW swablu in the hidden grotto. This now completes my collection of all female DW pokemon which you can only get in the game and not on the PGL dream world. Now to reset for a timid nature.

k_tribal

I found a female Breloom in my Pinwheel hollow today. So psyched, but too lazy to reset for natures. All other grottoes suck. Though I did manage to get the Medal today. I thought I'd already had it, turns out I missed one of the two hollows in the Abundant Shrine.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
After five days of searching, I have finally found a female DW swablu in the hidden grotto. This now completes my collection of all female DW pokemon which you can only get in the game and not on the PGL dream world. Now to reset for a timid nature.

Swablu is already in DW ever since it opened, it's in Windswept Sky

in fact, with the release of Dream Park, most of the Pokemon available in Grotto are now also available in DW

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Finally found some Pokemon in the Grottoes today. Hariyama and a Liepard.

Roxas The Deaf

the deaf trainer
That means nothing has spawned in it yet. Or you've got a mulch in the middle.

Anyway, you can't find Eevee in Hidden Grottoes outside of a Japanese only funfest mission.

Yeah, you are right i guess got a eevee after beating the E4 >_< now onto finding drangonite in the grottoes 1% is rare for a dragon type

Rakurai

The only 1% chance Pokemon I even bothered with was Imposter Ditto.

The others I decided to get from trading or the Dream World.

Roxas The Deaf

the deaf trainer
ditto were popping up more often for me it didn't exactly feel like 1% with it it just popped up and ugh dream world i couldnt find a better pokemon in it only some normal ones tho

Roxas The Deaf

the deaf trainer
the gift one sorry shoulda have made that clear *headslap himself*

jwla

I have been searching for Ditto for ages, and still nothing. I did manage to find Zebstrika, Pelipper, Bouffalant and Skorupi in the course of a couple days. Another one that refuses to show up is Muk. I guess I will just keep looking...

PokeTimmy

Collector
I have a question:

I've been trying to find an Imposter Ditto for a while now, with no success.

My method has been to bike a 64-step grassless route in the Giant Chasm 12 times, then check the grotto to see if anything spawned. I figure this gives me a 3/20 chance of something spawning.

Is this a good method?

I've heard of people going 15,000 steps or more before checking, but I don't think that's the most efficient way since something could spawn after the first 256 steps and the rest of the 12,000+ steps would be a waste.

Any suggestions?

No, what you seem to be doing should work just fine, and I agree, it's much more efficient to check sooner than later.

PokeTimmy

Collector
No, what you seem to be doing should work just fine, and I agree, it's much more efficient to check sooner than later.

Alright - thank you!

Day 4 and still no Imposter Ditto :(

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Alright - thank you!

Day 4 and still no Imposter Ditto :(

I've been trying for ages, and I haven't found one either. Actually, I have a hard time finding mulch in that grotto, it rarely spawns for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.