• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hidden Power (HP)

redblueyellow

Does a poekmon's Hidden Power type stay with it for the whole time that you train it? For example, if I get a level 50 timid zapdos with the IVs for HP dark and I want HP grass, can I change the HP type as I train it, or do I no matter what have to keep the HP dark? I have been soft-reseting at least 120 times so far and I have only gotten 3 timid zapdos's and all 3 have had HP dark 53. Is there anything that I can do if I get another timid zapdos to train it and when it is level 100 have it know HP grass?

Should be, I guess. HP is kinda complicated ...
Dark type HP indicates very high IVs, iirc.

It's all determined by IVs, so if you keep getting HP Dark, you're Zapdos has pretty much the same IVs everytime.

iirc=if I recall correctly.

Arbok

aka Arbok
It's all determined by IVs, so if you keep getting HP Dark, you're Zapdos has pretty much the same IVs everytime.

Yep, that's weird. But Dark is the highest type you can get, so it means that if you have HP Dark, you'll have the best IV's, IIRC.

redblueyellow

Well, I soft-reseted yet another time to find timid zapdos today and I got HP dragon on the old IV/HP calculator. When I tried it on the D/P calculator, I got HP fighting though. Am I doing something wrong?

spareux

maldición
lol hp dark does not mean you have good IVs

if all of your IVs are odd, you'll get HP Dark.

The IVs could all be 31, or they could all be 1: you'll still get hp dark. Which is a useless Hidden Power.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Well, I soft-reseted yet another time to find timid zapdos today and I got HP dragon on the old IV/HP calculator. When I tried it on the D/P calculator, I got HP fighting though. Am I doing something wrong?
IV's aren't accurate enough to calculate the Hidden Power until it's very close to level 100, especially on SPP's calculators. You'd be best off Rare-Candy'ing it to level 100.

spareux

maldición
Well, you can usually make a rough guess (eg 18-19) on an IV and tell the perfect ones with the emerald BF guy, so if you want to find the Hidden Power just battle a Kecleon.