• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hidden Power Question

MBlack475

Falcon PUNCH!!!
Hello all who like to read forum threads! :D
I have a question regarding Hidden Power.
Now we all know that Hidden Power can be any type but still say it's the Normal type in the move section of your Pokemon's info. But I'd like to know if the ability Adaptability affects Hidden Power when it's type is anything but Normal type?
Thanks!

MasterDream

Pokemon Professor
Everything I find seems to indicate that Adaptability will not affect Hidden Powers of non-STAB types. But I can't prove that correct.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Hello all who like to read forum threads! :D
I have a question regarding Hidden Power.
Now we all know that Hidden Power can be any type but still say it's the Normal type in the move section of your Pokemon's info. But I'd like to know if the ability Adaptability affects Hidden Power when it's type is anything but Normal type?
Thanks!

Everything I find seems to indicate that Adaptability will not affect Hidden Powers of non-STAB types. But I can't prove that correct.

Hidden Power can never be a Normal type move. Adaptability is only for Eevee and Porygon2, so its impossible for Adaptability to boost it.

MasterDream

Pokemon Professor
Hidden Power can never be a Normal type move. Adaptability is only for Eevee and Porygon2, so its impossible for Adaptability to boost it.

Hypothetically, Adaptability could be Traced by a non-Normal type Pokemon such as Gardevoir. A Gardevoir's Hidden Power Psychic could be boosted to 2x in this way, and if it does, then it would show that it would work in this fashion.

But you're right, this would never be something that would normally happen.

MBlack475

Falcon PUNCH!!!

I know that Hidden Power can never be a Normal type move because it's statistically impossible (Bulbapedia :D ) but it's listed as a Normal move in the move details section of the Pokemon's info. That's what I'm trying to figure out if just because it's listed as a Normal type move, will it be boosted by Adaptability or not?

And also the ability is for Porygon-Z, Porygon and Porygon2 can't have the ability. :D