• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hide who you are?

Viridian's Yellow

Mmm~♪ Hmm~♪
i got nothing to hide.if i did i would be lying to myself and to the person im talking to

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
off the internet, im a very talkative person, with a tendency to rant about anything i dont like and im very devout about my faith. online, i dont talk that much with only, what, 800/900 posts here at the SPPf and only 36 posts at LF, but i still rant about stuff i dont like, but im not as devout.

kuriboh361

Bearer of Peace
Online, I feel a great boost of confidence while in reality, I can't even say boo to a goose. I don't lie about my age because I feel fine with my life.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
What you see (read?) is pretty much what you get. But the structure of a forum prevents me from throwing around even more ridiculous comments.

kochoupink said:
IRL I'm actually a functioning, well-adjusted human being. The internet is my chance to geek out over Pokemon. Go figure.
Also, this.

rocky505

I used to be very shy in public but I'm not on here.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I'm usually a lot nicer on the internet than IRL. If someone met me IRL after talking to me on the internet, they wouldn't think it was the same person.

Rommath

▲_▲
Generally a lot more talkative and outgoing on the internet. Rather quiet and shy in real life, though it is improving. I think it's mainly due to not having to interact with others face-to-face on here.

ribcage_x

Nah Im the same.
I can be very talkative and weird on ze interweb and in rl
and sometimes Im shy and quiet just like in rl.

Grei

not the color
I'm not too different, though I do change some details about myself. I wouldn't ever post a picture of myself, or my name.

Some would say you're a *****, but I'd say, you're just fiery and passionate.

Lol what?
Anyway I don't act much differnet, but I swear alot less on the internet(well sppf anyway)but that's mainly due to their being no age restrictions and you get infracted

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
No. I'm much more shy in a conversation in real life, if I don't know you well.

Cobalt_Latios

I'm not that much of a **** in real life.

Some would say otherwise however.

If you think my barbaric sarcastic ways are bad, you'll come to fear me in real life.

Oh lord no...

Me?

Really, the only difference you'll notice is that I'll have a slightly harder time with saying what I have to say. In fact, I tend to trip on my words a considerable amount.

Doesn't happen too often, but it does get in the way.

C_L

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I'm more or less the same on-line and off, maybe a little quieter.

What you see is what you get, i've got nothing to hide.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Hmm, tough to answer. So I'll break it down with your questions:

Do you actually change what kind of person you are depending on the subject being discussed?

Not really, to be honest. I still stand up for who I am, what I believe in, what's in my thoughts, et cetera. I have the same spirit here as I will anywhere else in the world, because that's how I've been raised, and how I've decided to be. I'm more free to be anyone I want and not be judged, but I'm still conscious about people paying attention to you. I have gotten really nice PMs/messages on my profile (that you can read yourself) on about who I am, and people are respecting me for that. I may not know them personally, but it's pleasing to know that even concealed behind a computer screen, people are watching me (or in this case, reading me lol), and thus I need to be the example I am.

Do you lie about your age, or other facts about yourself?

Back in the early days of my surfing the web and becoming members on certain sites, yes, I used to. As I've gotten older, I've become more mild (which I suppose isn't such a good idea heh) and more willing to give my age and some facts, usually facts that are about the general me, nothing very personal (though there are rare exceptions). And because now that people know my age, I should ACT my age and not be such a n00b like I have been in the past and less annoying.

Are you a more confidant person online?

You could say that. I'm more afraid to speak my mind in a person's face than just in words, but I still do say what's on my mind either way, it's just more detailed on the Internet. Yes, I'm still judged on what I put, but I feel more confident about who I am and why I believe the way I believe, and it makes things a little bit more easier to do in real life. Recently, even though they're my friends, I'm finding it smooth to tell them almost everything that's on my mind. Whether it's about my political views (when it comes up, though, most happen to share the same insight, lol), being a Mormon or whatever, it's not as difficult to do as, say, a year ago. Maturity, I believe, plays a key role here, and I've learned to grow up, most from interacting with people here on Serebii.

Do you act completely different online than you would anywhere else?

Naw, I don't believe I do. I'm more free-going here than in a place where you're more likely to get yelled at just for being too hyperactive and talkative and unable to get your point across. You could say I have a louder "voice" on the Internet than I do in the real world.

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon
1) Yeah, I do feel different when I talk to people online. I'm a lot less shy when I chat with people. Heck, I sometimes I even express my pervert self sometimes (assuming that the people I'm talking with are on the same page). I even find myself starting conversations.

2) Do I hide information?

I normally hide vital information about myself. You know... Stuff that could be used against me, like my cellphone number, e-mail address, and home address. Better to be safe than sorry.

I also have this tendency to hide my gender. You can blame my obsession towards a cute, little, androgynous Frontier Brain... Just like to make people think I'm the other sex.

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
The main difference I see is I'm more likely to debate someone online than in person (Unless we're talking about horses. Then I'll go on and on). I think that's because, on the internet, I can take a short break between replies to look stuff up and gather sources to back up what I'm saying. In real life, you can't really do that as easily or effectively. Unless there's a computer in front of us I can't send a link for a source their way. Also, I tend to forget little things to backup my argument. For example, one of my friends was trying to argue that Blastoise could beat Venusaur. While I KNOW that isn't true (Can practically see all the Blastoise friends readying blunt objects to fling) I had no way to bring up Serebii, look up their individual stats and movepool to strengthen my argument. Here on the interwebs I'd be happy to get into a Blastoise Vs Venusaur debate. ^-^ But not in this thread >.> I dun wanna spam and get in trouble. O=)

But as for what I look like, my interests and what state I live in, no I don't hide that. If anything, I hide more of myself from the real world. Well... sort of. Only my boyfriend and like three friends knows that I play pokemon. >.>

Last edited:

Moonbeam 587

Ditto Trainer
Let's just put it this way. Before I posted I considered lying.