• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Hiding the Legendaries~ ~Disscussion~

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
You have no reason to turn hatred on the person that reported the RPG. there were multiple short posts and the reasonable thing that anyone would do is to report it, NOT to handle it by theymselves! Now, stop flaming the person who did this and return this to being a discussion thread, not a flaming thread. Your posts have improved a little, but I still see short posts, you should know who you are, three lines and a haf do not count as full posts.

Griff

Purple Wings
Yes'm! *nodnod*

Mrrr. Sorry I haven't been posting; lots of schoolwok, and I wanted to post something good-quality if I posted anything. I did have a post started, but I can adjust it to fit the move to Victory Road. ^_^

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
Ok fine with me Griff. Sorry about flaming, I was just mad. ^_^, but now I'm not so I'm done. hahaha *nervous laugh*

Xtra

You will be missed:(
just a quick question:Can the necklaces that keep us humans be removed?

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
Yeah, you're a human basicly until the scientists are stopped, dead or whatever, and they preform the reverse ritual for the Crystal Transformation, but it's hard and they all have to be together, therefore the XRBCs and scientists have to be destroyed.

Psychic

Really and truly
Um, then how are we going to fight the scientists in human form? I mean, this pretty much defeats the whole purpose of the RP, because don't the Legendaries need their 00ber powers to defear the scientists? If the Legendaries can stop them while in human form, doesn't that mean that any ordinary human could defeat the scientists? Why can the Legendaries do it when nobody else can, even if they're a strong trainer?

Just some food for thought...

~Psychic

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
I haven't figured that out yet, I will when we get there, I get writer's block pretty bad sometimes.

Psychic

Really and truly
@_@ You must be joking...you don't know how we're supposed to defeat the scientists? But, but...you're the GM, you're supposed to know these things and figure them out in advance...all well, I guess we'll all figure it out together...

~Psychic

cdra1617

Not a Seadra
*raises hand* I have a ridiculous idea. We could all infiltrate the lab HQ as people then turn back into 00ber-things and wipe them out? :p Yeah that was stupid but meh. I can't come up with better today; not the best of days.

Also, anything Rayquaza says that sounds totally insensitive is just me trying to keep up his rather insensitive character. ^^;

Last edited:

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Man guys I won't be able to post much starting today to next Friday... My niece and nephew are here for a week and since my brother has a job and my sister isn't fit for the job I will have to babysit them. Will post when I can like now my brother took them for a car ride so I have some free-time for the moment.

Dex

Fear..The..Plushie?
You Can't go 00ber on them, Cause you need to perform the Ritual, and everybody needs to be there in order to perform it. So, that rules out going all Flamethrower and Ice beam on the scientists.

"I SUMMON- MYSELF!" Yeah, that would be funny.

Torkie10

Busy at the moment
I have been doing a type check and it looks like the scientists are probably going to have a lot of rock pokemon. Why? Because almost half of the 16 heroes, including Mew, Mewtwo, and Entei, anre weak to rock type pokemon. The good news is, Torkie is good against rock types. The bad news is, most rock types are also ground types, and while only 3 of the counted party has a weakness to that, (Would be a lot more except for the fact half of them are flying types, canceling out ground completely) Torkie is one of those. Interesting, no?

Psychic

Really and truly
-_- Yeah, I'm sure a Blaziken will be much better off than any Legendary Pokémon. >> Remember Torkie10; the Legendary Pokémon are extremely powerful creatures whom many believe to be God-like. Somehow, I can't imagine Mew, Creater and Mother of the Universe, going down after being hit by a few Rock Slide attacks. Can you imagine an almost all-powerful creature getting killed by the attacks of a bunch of ordinary Pokémon?
I know the games say otherwise, but seriously, these are some VERY powerful creatures, and no matter how strong any Pokémon, even your Blaziken character is, they'll never be as powerful as ANY Legendary.

And besides, I'm sure there would be a lot more Dark-types than Ghost types, if you'll take a look at how many Legendaries are Psychic types.

One thing you guys have working to your advantage is that you'll have Mew. Why? Well, let's see; not only is she the Uber Mother of all life, but she has two wonderful techniques: Transform and Metronome. Mew can turn into anything she wants using Transform, and with Metronome she can use absolutely any attack she wants. :)

And guys, you CAN wait for Mew and Mewtwo. Instead of continueing, let me and Zerodius finish what we're doing, then we can join the other Legendaries and we can really get the ball rolling!

~Psychic
PS: And guys, there are STILL some one-line posts! >>

Torkie10

Busy at the moment
Yes, but are we forgetting a few things? Hmm... First off, they are human. That cuts them down a bit. Second off, they can't really defend themselves very well. They don't have very much power that they can use in their human form. Third off, Torkie is actually one of the worst off of all the group. Did you not notice his thoughts? He doesn't think very highly of himself. Lastly, yes I can, but only because PEOPLE don't survive rock slides very well, and for the moment, mew is indeed, human. In her natural state, shy would be extremely powerful, because as you said, there are few dark pokemon. Unfortunately, there a lots and lots of bug pokemon, but I seriously doubt the scientists will be using THOSE. Even so, Mew would probably be able to pick them up, swing them around, and send them to another region entirely just using her mind. For now, most of the group is human and human they shall stay for a while. By the way, I was not saying MEW was weak to rock, I was saying that she was included in the band of heroes, even though she is not at Victory Road. Otherwise, my calculations would be of no value because I forgot to include three of the legendaries. And yes, Mew is a very good advantage.

Last edited:

Zerodius

Eternally hating D/P
To Torkie10: Forget the games. Just, forget them.

This isn't a RP where a Charizard can be killed in one hit by a Squirtle's Water Gun. This is not a RP where Mewtwo dies in one hit from Heracross's Megahorn. This is not a RP where Mew will stand there and not move an inch when a Shadow Ball is heading her way.

A Blaziken is a mere mortal. He couldn't scratch Articuno even if he tried with all of its might.

Although they currently have a human disguise and can't use their powers, I assume that they must still have loads of endurance.

NOTE: according to my vision of things, it would take a real ARMY of experienced Pokemon to take on a single Legendary. Read: thousands and thousands of regular Pokemon directing their full power against the Legendary.

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
Don't argue... i'm too ticked off already....

Exxthus

Head AlwaysHeld High
One thing you guys have working to your advantage is that you'll have Mew. Why? Well, let's see; not only is she the Uber Mother of all life, but she has two wonderful techniques: Transform and Metronome. Mew can turn into anything she wants using Transform, and with Metronome she can use absolutely any attack she wants. :)
The interesting thing about Mew is that it can learn any attack on its own, anyways. Metronome is good in the games, but somewhat useless in a situation where you aren't restricted to four moves. Of course, there's the whole 'limited energy' thing that may come into play. *thinks*
Don't argue... i'm too ticked off already....
Calm down, oh wonderful GM. ;) I see little to no point in becoming unhappy. We are just as much bound by the rules of the forum as anyone else. If everyone puts in an effort toward making posts of a reasonable length, then we can continue to play in peace. :b

NOTE: according to my vision of things, it would take a real ARMY of experienced Pokemon to take on a single Legendary. Read: thousands and thousands of regular Pokemon directing their full power against the Legendary.
I had a flash of the battle scene from the Lucario/Mew movie when I read this. Even so, you saw what happened in the second movie (the birds being captured) where it showed that it didn't take much to capture them. Of course, they weren't sedated or anything, but kept under control... to a degree. The legendaries are still living creatures, and thus, must have limits. I think it would be more interesting to play along the lines of not being unbeatable, rather than being the unstoppable-uber-of-DOOM!!!11!1! character that blasts away all in their path. Any takers? :)

Zerodius

Eternally hating D/P
The canon is uber flawed in the vision of the Legendaries' powers.

One episode, they're gods, the next, they're weaker than your average Rattata.

In short, your point is unfortunately, invalid.

Yes, the Legendaries shouldn't be unbeatable and in my vision, aren't either... but despite being living creatures, one must take in mind that they are SUPPOSED to be INSANELY powerful. That means "no trainer or Pokemon should defeat them on their own". Any exception to that rule = plothole unless you can find a MIGHTY good reason to it (like the Legendaries going easy or the Pokemon/trainer Pokemon being super-charged in some way or some EXTREMELY amazing technology being at work).

That is my vision of things so you're not forced to agree with me but well...

NOTE: even if my vision is the one used in the fic... one has to keep in mind that it is a basically a "Legendaries against everyone" case ; in short, even if the Legendaries can KO fifty Pokemon per second, the threat of being defeated is very real ; the enemies HAVE far than enough underlings and ressources for the job.

Dex

Fear..The..Plushie?
Might I mention that In the games, You can catch the Legendaries? But, they are pretty dang easy there. In the show and everything else, They're hard. They were easy in the games, because they needed to be catchable. You can't have a 00ber, uncatchable 1-hit pwner in the game.