• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

High Risk, OU RMT (Peaked 4th on PO 5 days ago)

I had actually managed to rank number 4 on pokemon online, but I crave for number one. I ask for help on making it better, since I'm sure something can be changed.

11-1.png

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- U-Turn
- Flare Blitz
An Anti Lead Infernape, but with it's EVs mixed up a bit. 200 HP gives him 343
HP, which will make him to not have to resort to his Sash. Iron Fist and STAB sets Mach Punch at 80 Base Power, while handling quite a few of today's Leads. Fake Out breaks sashes, U-Turn to scout and Flare Blitz for coverage and second STAB.

12-1.png

Emboar @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Nitro Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Bolt
- Head Smash
Go ahead. Laugh. But this Emboar (which I dubbed "Recoil Hog") has incredible power, and is very dangerous, while sucking away his own life. Nitro Charge is usually how I start, so as to increase my speed and sweep. With reckless, a 216 base power Flare Blitz for STAB, 108 Base Wild Bolt to handle water types and 180 Base Head Smash to tie up for perfect coverage, it can be hard to stop. Not to mention with healing powers from a friend I call...

13-1.png

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Bold
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
A monstrous support Blissey. A wise man once led us to believe Blissey could not heal Status and HP in the same set, since Aromatherapy and wish couldn't be bred together. BUT, Heal Bell can be on the same set as wish, thanks to a pokemon that can have both. Heal Bell and Wish can completely recover one of my pokemon, namely my Recoil Hog. In fact, every pokemon on my team will get a 100% heal, as half of Blissey's HP is 407, and none of my pokemon exceed that. Protect let's Blissey heal herself, and Thunder Wave just because it's helpful.

14-1.png

Nattorei @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Nature: Sassy
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
Utility. Nothing to it, when Infernape U-Turns I can switch to him and set up Rocks and Spikes. 40 Speed with gyro almost guarantees it'll have 150 Base Power, not to mention STAB. Power Whip is for coverage.

15-1.png

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Stone Edge
A crossbreed between Offensive and Defensive, but very effective. The EVs allow him to survive a hit while Dancing, but Life Orb for power instead of leftovers. Taunt forces out Walls to score me another dragon dance. Aqua Tail for STAB and Stone Edge for coverage.

16-1.png

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- U-Turn
- Iron Head
Simple and effective. It's a Revenge Killer. Fire Punch and Ice Punch hit a large majority of OU. U-Tur for scouting, Iron Head for annoying Flinch Hax. I decided to use Adamant since it gets 328 attack and 448 Spe, which outruns 98% of OU anyway.
I got kinda lazy at the end, but just tell me what you think.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
changes in bold
11-1.png

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
Infernape is frail to begin with no point EV training it in HP. Anyways, if you plan on the Focus Sash saving you, Flare Blitz is suicide. I would of recommended Stealth Rock but that TM was removed so Swords Dance is there to boost your attack. To be honest, there are many other choices that do this job better like Ambipom and Scizor.
12-1.png

Emboar @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Bolt
- Head Smash
This set works well however Emboar lacks in speed so I wouldn't get hyped about it or EV train it in speed for that matter. Choice Band is better in general and Earthquake is still as good as it ever was. Aside from that, using Emboar and Infernape opens you up as they are the same type and there's the fact that Emboar isn't that great in general. If you want a good fire-fighting sweeper, go for Blaziken.
13-1.png

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Calm
- Softboiled
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Icy Wind
Blissey barely has any defense to begin with, give it a Calm nature. Wish Blissey is hard to come upon as it can only know it through an event so Softboiled is more convenient but not that supportive. If you do have one with Wish, use it and Heal Bell. If you are running Softboiled, use Aromatherapy (since it's not blocked by Soundproof). Toxic can make quicker work of opponents. I like Icy Wind on my Blissey to be honest as it works as a makeshift Thunder Wave by lowering the foes speed.
14-1.png

Nattorei @ Rugged Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Nature: Sassy
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball/Substitute
- Power Whip
Nattorei can really rack up a lot of damage with the Rugged Helmet. It also can't know Stealth Rock and Spikes at the same time. Substitute + Leech Seed is a great strategy (someone fill me in if hitting the Substitute activates the item and ability). If my theory doesn't work stick with Gyro Ball.
15-1.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 168 HP / 4 Def / 168 Atk / 168 SpD
Nature: Careful
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
Waterfall has more accuracy and Earthquake deals with electric types. Aside from that, I advise changing your EV spread too. Gyarados could do with only relying on the speed boosts of Dragon Dance. Yet again, there are many better tank boosting sweepers out there such as Dragonite.
16-1.png

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
- Fire Punch
- Trick
- U-Turn
- Iron Head
I honestly see nothing wrong with this set and I think Trick is a nice addition because it can cripple the opponents. There are still better choices for this job, the only difference is that Jirachi has defense to support it.

Overall, your team lacks support, tanks and special attackers.

Last edited:
Congrats on making 4th on the ladder, Sweep Freak! I do think that with a couple if changes, this team could be a little higher. I'll try to help you out.

Infernape: Like Parachomp said, Flare Blitz defeats the purpose of the Sash. Go with Fire Punch instead. Other than that, looks good.

Emboar: Sadly, even a set like this is outclassed by Blaziken. After one turn of set up, Blaze will have more power and speed, as well as equally threatening moves and coverage. Try out SD Blaze.

Blaziken@Life Orb
Adamant
Speed Boost
Moves:
-Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Hi Jump Kick
-Stone Edge

Blissey: Good supporter, but Blissey really needs some sort of offensive tool in it's arsenal. Therefore I recommend Seismic Toss, possibly over Heal Bell. I also think you might benefit from Toxic, although I suppose T-Wave would be really helpful for your sweepers.

Nattorei: Leech Seed is a must on Nattre. Put it over one of the entry hazards. I recommend you keep Stealth Rock, as it's much more reliable.

Gyarados: Looks good, just go with Waterfall over Aqua Tail.

Jirachi: Right now I see a problem with SD Blaze. Your best chance is to switch to Jirachi as it sets up, U-Turn to Gyara to take a predicted HJK/FB, and stall until Life Orb has weakened it enough for Ape to revenge kill. This is a waste of resources, I recommend you replace Rachi with ScarfDitto. I don't think I need to explain that set, just be sure to max out HP EVs. It will help you out vastly agains other set up sweepers, too.

Hope this helps! And good luck!

Congrats on making 4th on the ladder, Sweep Freak! I do think that with a couple if changes, this team could be a little higher. I'll try to help you out.

Infernape: Like Parachomp said, Flare Blitz defeats the purpose of the Sash. Go with Fire Punch instead. Other than that, looks good.

Emboar: Sadly, even a set like this is outclassed by Blaziken. After one turn of set up, Blaze will have more power and speed, as well as equally threatening moves and coverage. Try out SD Blaze.

Blaziken@Life Orb
Adamant
Speed Boost
Moves:
-Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Hi Jump Kick
-Stone Edge

Blissey: Good supporter, but Blissey really needs some sort of offensive tool in it's arsenal. Therefore I recommend Seismic Toss, possibly over Heal Bell. I also think you might benefit from Toxic, although I suppose T-Wave would be really helpful for your sweepers.

Nattorei: Leech Seed is a must on Nattre. Put it over one of the entry hazards. I recommend you keep Stealth Rock, as it's much more reliable.

Gyarados: Looks good, just go with Waterfall over Aqua Tail.

Jirachi: Right now I see a problem with SD Blaze. Your best chance is to switch to Jirachi as it sets up, U-Turn to Gyara to take a predicted HJK/FB, and stall until Life Orb has weakened it enough for Ape to revenge kill. This is a waste of resources, I recommend you replace Rachi with ScarfDitto. I don't think I need to explain that set, just be sure to max out HP EVs. It will help you out vastly agains other set up sweepers, too.

Hope this helps! And good luck!

Sounds good. I'll make the edits and come back when I make back on the ladder.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
That's why I recommend Icy Wind.

You made me think and you're right, Nattorei can have Leech Seed and Stealth Rock but only if it bred with a Torterra that learned Stealth Rock by TM in a 4th generation game.

:wub:disc

more like :mam:anbou
i'm out of touch when it comes to breeding ****, but wasn't Wish a 3rd gen NYPC move? i didn't think it could be bred so that would technically make your Bliss illegal.

093.gif

i'm out of touch when it comes to breeding ****, but wasn't Wish a 3rd gen NYPC move? i didn't think it could be bred so that would technically make your Bliss illegal.

093.gif

Wish was a 3rd gen event move, and Heal Bell was a 4th gen (HGSS) move tutor so it's technically legal. The farther away from 3rd gen we get the more annoying this kind of thing is going to get.

It also can't know Stealth Rock and Spikes at the same time.

Natty can have both hazards if bred with Iwaperesu. It can also have Leech Seed + Spikes from Cacturne. It doesn't get SR + Leech Seed though since Torterra isn't in its egg group.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll make my Blissey like this:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
-Wish
-Protect
-Heal Bell
-Icy Wind

This will allow me to decrease speed like Thunder Wave and attack, while also healing status from my Sweepers.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Okay, I'll make my Blissey like this:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm/Careful
-Wish
-Protect
-Heal Bell
-Toxic

This will allow me to decrease speed like Thunder Wave and attack, while also healing status from my Sweepers.

Works better this way.

windsong

WEST SIDE
No that Blissey set downright sucks.

Use TWave / Seismic Toss / Wish / Protect with your original EVset of Bold 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA, as it's way more efficient, or for Dream World, Shadow Ball > SToss.

I promise a full rate later, but just want to say that if this is for Dream World, Nattorei needs Leftovers, and Parachomp, in my blunt manner, please try and know what you're talking about, since that Blissey set is basically setup bait for assorted stuff that doesn't mind coming in at -1 Speed. And Twave is basically the better choice anyways, the only advantage of Icy Wind being you not being complete Taunt bait.

Anyways, congrats on the ladder peak, and i promise a full rate later.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Not bad team. For bliss, I'm inclined to say that seismic toss will be more useful so that you actually have a way of damaging special sweepers other than crippling them. Toxic could also be useful so you can slowly take them down.

On nattorei, go with shed shell as otherwise, shanderaa and magnezone will just kill you.

On gyara, go waterfall over aqua tail as 10 power for 10 acc. isn't worth it. I can't find any notable KOs so stick with waterfall.

Lorica

aka nosferalto
Your team is ravaged by so many offensive threats that it would require changing too many members of your team, and I don't think you'd want me to change the whole structure of your team, so I'm just going to suggest some minor changes that could potentially be helpful.

Your lead Infernape is kinda weird to be honest, why would you use 200 HP EVs on something sashed? Infernape is frail anyway. Also, Flare Blitz also not a very good choice on that set because with the recoil you break your own sash. Just use Fire Blast and an offensive EV spread with a Naive nature.

Blissey looks really out of place on an offensive team like this one tbh, but if you like it, whatever, keep it, but just know that it's going to slow a lot of momentum when you switch him in and you will surely get set-up on, which is not really good for offensive teams.

Just some food for thought.