• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

High School; our separate peace

I'm sure most of the SPPf population goes to high school.

Do you guys hate the fact that 10 years after high school you will probably not see 90% of the friends you made in high school.

Why is it that friends lose contact with each other when they go separate ways? We have phones, email, instant messengers and many more devices to stay in contact with these people but yet we don't even bother to use them to keep a good friendship going why is it like that? Is it because of the 'separate ways' or is it because we don't care? Is it because we will never meet again or won't have the time because we are too busy or too far away to see them? Or is it something else...?

I become quite sad when I think about such things, but I've realized that this is a crucial time for me to think about this. I presently have exams (GCSE equivalents) and will afterwards leave most of my friends to pursue my dream/life/whatever >_> I know that some will be going to one place and a little will be going to the same place of study with me, but after that the numbers will decrease.

I think that High School is a separate peace from the world, and when do get into the big world we realize and understand our true selves. We learn and develop and through such growth we choose new friends- and same for our parted high school friends.

What do you think?

xXPorygonXx

Sort of active
I think it mostly has to do with out mental growth. After grdauating from HS, and javing to deal with the real world, you might come to realize that some of your friendships weren't really there.

voltianqueen

Fire and Lightning!
It makes me sad to think about that..... I love all of my friends dearly. It's kinda hard for me to think about never seeing them or having any contact with them again after finishing school. :(

voltianqueen

Fire and Lightning!
It makes me sad to think about that..... I love all of my friends dearly. It's kinda hard for me to think about never seeing them or having any contact with them again after finishing school. :(

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
You'll make new friends and slowly but surely forget about the high school friends you had.

Experience ftw.

$Cash$

The people that actually matter to me, I always keep in touch with on facebook/msn, and sometimes I run into old friends at a party or in a store lol

Wishing_Star*

Wish I was a balloon
I have about two really close friends. Those two, I will never lose contact with. I will make sure of it. The other people I will at least to stay friends with, but it wouldn't kill me as much if I lost all contact with them. There are some friends that I will probably never talk to after graduation.

ChariMence

Wow... I've thought of that... one of my friends is moving to the Philippines after this year, I think. But where there's Internet, there's a myspace.com =P

Unless MySpace goes poof... o_O

But then there are some people I wouldn't want to lose contact with... makes me sad, too... =[

Profesco

gone gently
The social aspects of high school are just formative experiences, imo. Friendships formed there (for the most part) are temporary. The ones that last are actually lucky ones. Yes, high school is practice for life. Friendships formed after high school, whether at college or at a job, are the first permanent ones you can make. At least that's my general impression of it...

espeon_155

Pokemon Prof.
I actually keep in contact with my friends a lot, but I am sure we'll go our ways eventually because our intrests/likes will change. That doesnt mean you cant be someone's friend, if you or them change. Still, I can't help but wonder if that will happen to me?

I think of this factor a decent a bit, but never let it bother me. The main reason I think about it is because around 80% of the people in the town I live in have stayed here their entire lives. I quite honestly do not wish to live in this area my entire life, so I think about how often I'll be able to keep in touch with friends after high school/college. Especially those who don't communicate much online.

Clio

Meow
It's life. I graduated 4 years ago and already lost contact with most of them.

So just enjoy it while it lasts. Thus you'll have no regrets of things that you didn't done with them :thumbsup:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Josh- Hope you are kidding cuz I don't want to lose that ability, beasides when you have a girlfriend, doesn't that count? You can be best friends and lovers at the same time.

Anyway...What High School Friends? 90% percent of them betrayed, hurt or left me for no reason. 5% I wasn't that good friends with 4% I only talked to and 1% actually graduted with me (Elizabeth/Kristen/Christine don't count considering they left way before Year 12)

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
It's times like this that I'm glad I don't have any real friends. If it makes you sad to break connections, why not just don't make connections at all?

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I didn't have this problem in high school, but I do now that I'm in college. I have a lot of close friends there... and we're closer because not only do we have classes together, we also live together. I want to stay in touch with them, but... it'll be hard. Especially with my best friend; she's so independent. She used to want to be a doctor without borders, but I think she's changed her mind... she's in Guatamala right now, though, working at a charity hospital. I really wonder where I'll make friends after college.

Also, I had to leave mid-semester last semester, and I'm really wondering how I'll fit in once I go back. My best friend is rooming with someone else this time, which makes me sad and jealous. I'm worried about how it's going to be.

Platinum_Charizard

<-- So adorable
I'll be very sad to lose touch with all my friends, but I'll try my best to keep in touch. The few best friends I have I will not forget/lose touch with. One of my friends are moving away next year..it won't be the same without her. :(
Also it's year 10 next year for me so that'll be the last year I will see alot of people. :(

But that's life, not much you can do about it. Just try to remember the good times you had with those people and hope that one day you might see them again.