• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Highest amount of pkmn hatched for nature?

FallenForce

I finally decided to see what my Feraligatr and Typhlosions IVs are, all in the high 20 ranges. ^^

Hey guys, post up how many same types of Pokemon you have gone through, just to get a good natured one.

¤ 43 Magikarp - Adamant Nature + Shiny
¤ 21 Scyther - Jolly Nature
¤ 20 Eevee - Modest Nature + Adamant Nature
¤ 30 Spiritomb - Modest Nature + Adamant
¤ 25 Cyndaquil - Modest Nature + Adamant Nature
¤ 1 Totodile - Adamant Nature

hope it's not too off topic, but don't you guys know it takes like literally 5 minutes and 1 egg to get it to just be whatever nature/gender/ability you want when using RNG? I used to hatch 120+ eggs just to get all 3 the way I wanted, but now I use RNG and get it on the 1st try in like 5-10 minutes.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
if i had to count all that i'd be ticked at the end of the day, my guess is over 150 eggs for a adamant volt tackling raichu.

it took me an entire weekend, i had a few adamants but the IV's were just awful.

FallenForce

hope it's not too off topic, but don't you guys know it takes like literally 5 minutes and 1 egg to get it to just be whatever nature/gender/ability you want when using RNG? I used to hatch 120+ eggs just to get all 3 the way I wanted, but now I use RNG and get it on the 1st try in like 5-10 minutes.

I don't use devices to play my games, I would rather play it normally. >.<

Glad to be under average!

Surprisingly, I hatch very few eggs to get what I want in terms of nature, ability, and Individual Values.

I don't use devices to play my games, I would rather play it normally. >.<
Perhaps I should explain a few things. "RNG" stands for "Random Number Generator." The Pokemon games have a program inside them that allows eggs, wild Pokemon, etc. to vary randomly. (FallenForce, were you maybe thinking of AR--Action Replay?)

If all you want is a specific nature egg, walk about 252-254 steps and save your game. Eggs have a chance of being generated once every 255 steps from when you left Pokemon in the day care, so walk a few more steps (your pedometer should read 255 or higher), then talk to the man. If you get an egg, hatch it, and check it's nature. If it's not the one you want, reset.

It's quick, and it involves no cheating. (Some people use RNG manipulation which is a lot more in depth than I described. Some consider that cheating because the results you get are not truly random. Using the method I describe, though, your results will be as random as any other egg.)

The most I've yet had to hatch to get a really strong Pokemon with the nature I wanted was maybe ten. I hope I've helped some people out!

Surprisingly, I hatch very few eggs to get what I want in terms of nature, ability, and Individual Values.

Perhaps I should explain a few things. "RNG" stands for "Random Number Generator." The Pokemon games have a program inside them ...

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for explaining something very complex in a very simple way. Good job! :D

I hope others cane use this info as well! Oh, and a quicker way would be to save after you walk the steps, then check the egg, if it's not what you want, flip a few coins and then re-hatch. flipping the coin will change the nature/gender/ability.

FallenForce

Ahh mmk, From waht I've seen with it, you need AR.
I need to look into this more.

Making It Simpler

Okay, to make this even simpler, what I do would be called "Reset Until You Get It Right." I actually do hatch the eggs, but I don't save until I get a good one. So, I suppose I should say I do hatch more than very few.

Using the Coin Flipper Poketch app when breeding is part of RNG manipulation. Some people consider this cheating because you can get get Pokemon with IVs like 31/31/31/15/31/31 which looks hacked.

Illusione-Tempus

I hatched 60 Torchics, 60 Pichus and 60 Mareeps (This one's Masuda Method) just to find a shiny. I don't really care about natures, but I do care if I have to hatch a Modest Feebas.

Hmm... probably going to hatch a shiny Modest Feebas via Masuda Method at HG, but that's off topic :3

timetopokemon

water absorb^^
i bred around 30 houndours for a modest one today i am ev training now currently
and about RNG its extremely complicated if u wanna get a shiny whatever nature whatever ability whever IVs it takes actually around an hour
for first ever egg to be tht ^^

well u can just save before taking the egg and then hatch and see if not wat u want flip a few coins and tap the hapiness checker a few time so it jumps a little and then take and hatch its actually faster

but i find breeding the hard way fun so i do it tht way
:)

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
It took me about 40 eggs to get a Scyther Adamant nature with almost flawless attack and speed ivs. This was with using an everstone. It was well worth it though when I used it in the pokebeach UU wi-fi tournament. It lead me to victory.

deoxyclone

averagely i only need to catch 1 - 4 pokemons for the nature i want bcoz i have lots of abra with synchronize and certain nature. hehe! now i have abra with adamant, jolly, modest, timid, and bold nature (all of them are with synchronize ability). and to get them, i catch about 35 abra. hehe!

and for breeding, i averagely need 2 - 10 eggs to get the nature + IV + gender i want. (i use everstone too)

Last edited:

Final

I Submit to No One
I've done boxes upon boxes just to get Natures + decent IVs.

Glitterbomb

I once hatched about 60 batches of 5 chansey, trying to get a calm one I believe. I NEVER got a calm one, but I did manage to hatch a shiny modest one. I'm training it to be a special sweeper. XD.

tyranitar90

UP THE IRONS
omg getting a calm tentacool with good ivs...
hatched like 150 and gave up.

RaiBlade

ɾαρτυɾε
¤ Highest was for an Adamant Magikarp with good IVs - exactly 57 while the 58th is the Adamant.
All others were released except one with jolly nature.
It took so much time.