• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Highest level pokemon that obeys you prior to obtaining the cascade badge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticklemonster

I know that all Pokemon up to lv. 30 are forced to obey you after winning the Cerulean Gym. What is the highest level that obeys you before that?

mewfanforlife

Only traded Pokemon will disobey you at any point. (If you're the OT, it will obey you regardelss of level and badges). Until you have the Cascade badge, all traded Pokemon will disobey you regardless of level.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
I'm pretty sure your own pokemon will obey you at any level before getting the 2nd badge. But perhaps they stop obeying at level 30. At any rate, any traded pokemon won't obey until you get the badge.

FastTonyDeNiro

It's level 10 I think...
Since GSC until DP I'm sure it's Lv10 but in RBY I'm not so sure.

This wouldn't make sense though since Misty's pokemon are around level 20. So if your pokemon only obey you up to level 10, then you're supposed to fight a level 21 Starmie with a level 9 Pidgey?

I'm pretty sure in at least the 1st gen, like other people have said, if you're the OT your pokemon will obey you no matter what. It only effects traded pokemans.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
It's probably 10, since all the other Gens have it at 10.

Archgemini24

Enter the Dragon.
This wouldn't make sense though since Misty's pokemon are around level 20. So if your pokemon only obey you up to level 10, then you're supposed to fight a level 21 Starmie with a level 9 Pidgey?

I'm pretty sure in at least the 1st gen, like other people have said, if you're the OT your pokemon will obey you no matter what. It only effects traded pokemans.

I do not think you are supposed to fight Starmie with a lv 9 Pidgey that you got from someone else. The idea might be to either raise one on your own or trade a higher level one and hope it does not disobey at a crucial moment.

I would rather raise one one my own. Then again, I am one of those overtrainers who go into that Gym battle with a Gyarados (I like to start with Charmander). That Starmie was a pain in the everything against anything not resistant, and Misty always was willing to let her Staryu faint to save any Curative items for Starmie.

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
like what other people have said: it can't be level 10. brock's onix was level 14 so that would mean you had to use something that was at level 5. i usually had had my starter at their second stage by misty and remember you could either fight your rival before or after you beat misty. his pokemon were at least at 16.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
It's probably 10, since all the other Gens have it at 10.

It can't be 10 since I remember that I had Pikachu (Level 25), Pidgeotto (Level 24) and Butterfree (Level 23) and they all obeyed me.

It's level 10 for traded pokemon only if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Saph

Rapscallion
If you caught them yourself, you can train Pokemon up to level 100 before the first badge and they will always obey you.

Traded Pokemon are the only ones that disobey. They start disobeying at Level 11, until you get the Cascade Badge. This is to stop you being traded high-leveled Pokemon early in the game so you can speed through it.

Shiny Rokon

Your own pokemon will always obey you no matter what, its only traded pokemon which won't and that is from level 10 onwards, until you get the cascade badge, then they will obey until level 30 and so on according to the respective badge. I used to trade for all three starters, which wasn't much fun because they wouldn't listen to you once they reached level 10, you couldn't really use them until you got all 8 badges because they would always be at a lower level than you needed them to beat the gym leader. I guess it is so people can't cheat and beat a gym leader with a traded pokemon, although even your friend's level 100 mewtwo would beat them when it finally decides to hit the opponent, even with the wrong move, so its a nice try.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
The answer is Level 100.

Good day.

Red1062

So Cool
Your pokemon could get to any level and they'll listen to you. I had a Charizard on 37 before I took on Misty and he listened to me fine because I was his original owner.

i tried training pokemon past a certain level to see if they would disobey me
it didn't work for me unless they were traded

Status
Not open for further replies.