• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Highscool/Junior High Survival; You're all sharkbait

Middle school...ahh. Fun times.
I was a straight-A student through 8th grade, and only had one friend, who is currently still my best friend.

High school, I lost pretty much everything that made me smart and somehow graduated.

To survive:
It doesn't matter what anyone says to you. If you think they're picking on you, suck it up and walk away. If you show that after awhile, even after their persistance, that you don't give a crap, they'll stop picking on you. Just grow a pair and forget it.

That's pretty much it.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
What are you on about, half of the Misc elites are in college.

Also to stay on topic, up until senior year I never had a locker ever. My first year at one school the freshmen weren't allowed to have lockers, and when I transfered sophmore year to another school they had this weird system in order to get a locker. Plus if we did get a locker we would have had to share it with other people, because there wasn't enough space for one person per locker. It wasn't really convenient in New York when you're trying to fit 2 or 3 puffy winter jackets that were smaller than a size 0 waist length-wise. Though I had to bite the bullet in senior year when I decided to take two Advanced Placement classes, both of which required textbooks being brought on a regular basis.

Bullying wasn't ever really a problem in any school I went to. Then again, I more or less kept to myself and didn't interact with anyone that wasn't my good friend throughout middle and most of high, so I wasn't really noticeable or an open target. Senior year I managed to open up and start talking with people I normally wouldn't, and even then there wasn't an issue with bullies. In fact, a lot of the things I did that I thought I would get ridiculed for (playing DP in the middle of class) I actually ended up making friends by.
Wow your story is pretty simular to mine... Except I'm still in 10th. I keep to myself during class and I talk to people ocassionally but not much. I'm just a shy person and am self-concious of myself. I want friends to hang out with that aren't bad influences by my school is filled with rednecks and potheads alike and noone has an interest in games except for me. So yeah my school sucks...

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
Middle School was good but not that great

in High School was when the real fun started the freshman year was horrible thought , almost at the end of the semester the Senior Class decided to trow water balloons at us and most of them didn't contained only water

the Lockers the first one really didn't worked that well It took me almost 5 attempt so it would open I had all my books there ,and I only took those that I was going to need in my classes

during Homecoming Parade I believe, when we were Juniors we started a Little fight with the Senior Class that ended in drama and lots of suspensions

and last year , we took revenge on the Freshmen class good times

but the Constant the way you dress or who you hang out will mark who you will sit talk and all that stuff was exhausting, and of course other classes will talk bad about you is you are one of the so called Popular but of curse even if you are in the same group that someone else and one is freshmen that person will call you a noob

but I loved all my classes there were so much fun ,except for math, so in my own experience I tried to survive this and not getting into trouble

Luppi

I shot my eye out.
I'm taking advanced placement chemistry (11th grader. :l) and...

I have no idea what happened. :l I used to understand high school chemistry (last year) almost perfectly. Conversions were easy, gas laws were easy, everything was simple.

And then in AP it was like...man I can't memorize this. At all. I read them over and over again and I just cannot memorize this. Pneumonic devices don't work either.

I looked in the back of my AP Chem book and it says that certain colleges will give multiple class credits if you even get a 3 on the exam. Is the class/exam that hard? ._. I mean, wow.

I have a 3.08, B. So I'm not TOO concerned. XD

kochoupink

butts lol
Hi everyone! This is kochoupink checking in with the bulletin that college is WAY COOLER than high school guys I have a life and normal friends and sorority sisters now kthanks.

That being said, I miss being on varsity. That was basically the best part of high school. Intramurals are not the same :(

Pneumonic devices don't work either.

Unless you need new lungs, pretty sure this qualifies as a GreekRootfail.

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
I freakin' hate Spanish. My old school had Japanese, so I took that, but this school doesn't, so I'm a sophomore in a freshman class. =/

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Luppi said:
I looked in the back of my AP Chem book and it says that certain colleges will give multiple class credits if you even get a 3 on the exam. Is the class/exam that hard? ._. I mean, wow.

Well, according to a statistic I looked up, only 57 percent of students pass AP tests, which is getting a score of at least three out of five. Seems like a pretty high failure rate, especially considering you have to pay 80 bucks to take it, so yeah, the tests ought to be at least challenging. The course difficulty, obviously, just depends on your school.

DA DA SWSH

<Still Hunting!
Finally

Yay somewhere I can talk about all my problems atm, so here goes....

I go to school in Wasilla, AK. Now im pretty sure school here is like everywhere else, I go to a regular high school, I hang with my click, and Im actually popular and cool contray to the common belief that people who play pokemon are losers(yeah no offense),,,,
So here goes,,,
I have no idea what the limits are to this club, Cause my language will get pretty nasty during this.......
So here goes once again,,,,,
In middle school I went thru all my different stages to find who I was I guess.
In 6th grade I was a wonder, I hate a lot of friends and was pretty popular i thought, everything was pretty chill..
In 7th grade I was very very popular,, My popularity is often contributed to the fact im funny and i play hockey, and i have a lot of confedents and guts....I lost my good friend that year, but i still talk to her....im a guy just to let u know...
In 8th grade I just was depressed a lot and didnt really want to sociallize, i still did but just not as much as i should and could have........it wasent the best year but i had fun none the less...
My 9th grade year I was very confident, I have a job with people my age all summer so i had practice, the thing i didnt expect was who I was gonna hang out with as most of my friends from middle school went to the other high school, instead of mine....
So I hanged with these kids, they went to middle school with me and I never really talked to them, they were more or less drugies but i really dont mind drugs, well after a while as usual every school year I become known and then i didnt have to hang with all those kids i was already, I became good friends with this kid named johnny, he dated my friend nova and she is a hardcore partyer, He began selling cocaine and popying hydroxys, and having sexs with her, and he got caught doing all of this, he didnt come back to school for the rest of the year he was in that much trouble, he was basically dead and gone......so then I was back to square one
Then I basically discoverd Christian was a good friend and that he was basically my best friend, then he became a ***, and stood up for a kid that acted soo gay and prissy i couldnt stand it, he made it clear to me that he just wasent a friend, and I got over him sounds weird but yeah....the rest of the year was easy and drama free. I had some good friends and some good times and my good friend Justin dated my good friend nova(the one who got johnny in all the trouble) I hanged out with them a lot, justin is shy around girls but yet he is a huge pervert when its just the guys, and all the girls think hes good looking, but he is skinny like me-I hate being skinny....
So I was basically gone all summer and just forgot about calling everyone, I texted nova a few times and called Justin twice.......

When school started for 10th grade I was excited and I remember the day vididly, I went to period one and sat next to the new hot girl amanda, and talked with nova who sat in front of me, then I went to science and sat down, Justin walked in and sat next me, and his cousin gavin was across the room and talked to us a lot....Justin said well whats up dude we didnt hang any this summer, blah blah-the rest of the day went smooth and so did the next 2 weeks, Then me and Justin went to the fair with his good friend mac who I went to 5th grade with. WE hanged for a short while and then I hanged with some other friends, they were being boring and just standing around and sh@#. So I for some reason got mad at him and didnt talk to him for 2 days, then I talked to him again, I realized I considered him my best friend as I could talk and relate to him more then I ever could with anyone else. Well every weekend either me or him got mad at the other and eventually the other would say sorry or somethen, Then I decided to play a prank on him, one i now regret...I got this girl named tesia, to play this super hott girl named lauren bell(she is my friend), Justin texted this girl soo much and actually liked her, he thought he was cool cause he was talken with one of my popular friends from another school, Then after a month he found out it wasent her and he flipped, A LOT, I told him the truth on the phone, he hanged up and called his cousin who was over at my house for the first time(who i guess is now my best friend or almost), He got mad cause his cousin was at my house too, he texted me saying I hate u, you f#####g f## im gonna beat ur F@@@ing a@@, you stupid church C@@@ *******. I dont even go to church.....But I didnt get mad i told him he would eventually get over it and we would be friends again, Ive texted and instant messaged him since and he still wants to beat me up for what I did, And I FEEL SO BAD FOR WHAT I DID I SHOULD HAVE NEVER DONE THAT I HATE MYSELF, so i keep on saying sorry I still feel so bad-but he still hates me. i So tomorrow after two weeks of him not talken to me, or telling me to never talk to him again, im gonna give my best effort to be friends with him.....I really want to be friends with him again, theres just something about him that makes him a way better friend then any one else, and he is sooo funny, its hard to explain him, hes such a ladys man but yeah he sucks infront of girls, and he is a huge homophobe, he hates gays and obama, and is pretty ba......SO yeah give me any advice that u think i should get, or need, He moved into my 4th period weight training last week, figures when hes mad at me, and during then when hes alone i plan to talk to him......wow i typed a lot!!!
Justin basically has no social life with out me, cause im the one who always makes the plans, while i have been out every weekend day and every tuesday and thursday for the last 3 weeks, But i have just been depressed over all of this and i need to fix it asap......

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
man the highschool i was at in my younger days (not too much) contained pickpockets and rats that were allways lurking on the school's money in order to buy drugs. i can't say it was a nice time back then especially since i didn't fit in with those carnivalcustomers but i must admitt that i learned much there, there were a few teachers that had a heart of gold and it was eversince then that i learned to come up for myself, i used to be a very shy kid:p

Last edited:

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Heehee! I just skived off an after schoolart school thingy, that may or may not have been optional anyway. I'm such a rebel!

My pathetic standard of whatis heinious aside, I've been feeling really tired and lacking concentration as school goes on. Does anyone know what could be causing this, or am I just overworked.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Using special needs to your advantage=not cool, man :/

I never said it was, and I don't make a conscious effort to use them to my advantage. The school just seems to let me get away with things more because of them. I don't ask for any kind of preferential treatment.

I'm taking advanced placement chemistry (11th grader. :l) and...

I have no idea what happened. :l I used to understand high school chemistry (last year) almost perfectly. Conversions were easy, gas laws were easy, everything was simple.

Well I'm with you on this one. Sorta. I'm taking AP Chem this year as well (but I'm a senior), and out of the AP classes I'm taking this year (English Lit, Bio, and Psych), Chem is probably the hardest.
I've never gotten below a 3 on the AP exams I've taken in the past, but I'm worried about the Chem one... I've heard it's one of the hardest exams. :/
And it doesn't help that my Chem teacher (who I've had for two years now) sort of fails at teaching. :S

Also, alot of colleges these days are only accepting a 4 or a 5 to earn complete credit.
Lame.

Ethan

Banned
Speaking of AP classes, the only AP class I was ever smart enough to take was history. I'm working my butt off in AP European history at the moment, and I'm desperately struggling to get the B that I have into a B+. Our teacher has a weird policy on extra credit. School policy is that you may only use extra credit to bump up one notch, for example from D to a D+. Well my history teacher said screw that, and he lets us do a full letter grade. From an F to D, D to C, C to B, but he won't do B to A. He says you have to have a B+ to use the extra credit to get an A. His reasons were "I protect the A's. You have to do really well."

Very frustrating. I usually Ace, often 100%, the pre-tests, but get B's on the comprehensive exams. I'm standing at a 85.65 right now and it won't move!! I want that A dammit!!

Shadow XD001

I'm a 7th Grader in Middle School and it's okay. The teacher's are nice and I've gotten okay grades. Surprisingly, my Middle School doesn't go by A's, B's, C's etc. and they go by % #s instead. My lowest grade is a 60 on a Science Quiz. I've made a few friends..... and not friends although that was mostly people I didn't like in Elementary School. Yeah, how long do/ did you guys have in Middle School to get to each class? We have four minutes, but we had like three minutes longer the first week just for us 7th Graders and not 8th Graders because we were just getting used to Middle School.

Yes, we have lockers and I hate bottoms ones and sometimes I have to wait for the person above me to finish getting their stuff out so I can get to my locker. Also, if your not in an Accelerated Class (pretty much an Honor's Class with 8th graders) then the passing grade is a 65 and if your in an Accelerated Class, the passing grade is 85. I'm not in any Accelerated classes, but my twin brother is in Accelerated Math & Science.

Overall, Middle School was WAY different then what I expected.

Vernikova

Champion
DA DA SWSH said:
Then I basically discoverd Christian was a good friend and that he was basically my best friend, then he became a ***, and stood up for a kid that acted soo gay and prissy i couldnt stand it, he made it clear to me that he just wasent a friend, and I got over him sounds weird

Because he stood up for someone he's not a friend for you? I'd like more friends like that.

DA DA SWSH said:

You Alaskan folk are really hardcore.

Anyway, AP classes? I only take AP 2D Studio Art because it comes with the Media major. Sadly, it's the first year that Media has an AP class. Usually, I avoid AP classes no matter what they are since I don't feel like taking them and I would fail those classes rather easily. Seriously, I have a C- in my AP even with 2 years of art expirience.

Dehydrated

Too cool for you
I'm an 8th grader in middle school and it's pretty cool. I'm sort of half-in, half-out of the popular group. I don't hang with them, but I talk with them all the time.

We don't have AP classes at my school. Even if you're amazing, you can't take something more difficult. I'm pretty decent myself I guess, I usually place in the low 90's.

^I'm not sure if they even offer AP classes in middle school... The highest at my middle school was the GT level, or Gifted/Talented, which is considered a step above honors courses.
I actually couldn't take my first AP class until 10th grade, according to the course requirements and everything.

My friend goes to a private, all-girls school, and she couldn't take AP courses until 11th grade. They also limit the amount of AP classes you can take all together, which sucks if you're trying to qualify for AP Scholars program or other things like that.

It's crazy though to hear about kids who are in 10th grade and are taking six AP classes at once. Ridiculous. The most I've ever taken at once is four...