• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni General Shipping Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
[IMG139]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/Katsuko-chan/Higurashi24.jpg[/IMG139]
OYASHIRO-SAMA<3
H I G U R A S H I N O N A K U K O R O N I / W H E N T H E Y C R Y

from anime news network / first season said:
On one hot summer day in 1983, a transfer student named Maebara Keiichi comes to a peaceful rural village in Hinamizawa. There, he befriends his classmates Rena, Mion, Rika, and Satoko. Accepted as a full-fledged member of the "club," Keiichi and the gang plays all sorts of activities ranging from card and board games to hide-and-seek. But just as Keiichi was beginning to be assimilated in simple rural life, he stumbles upon the dark history of Hinamizawa. As Keiichi dives deeper into the mystery, he finds that his new found friends may not be all what they claim to be.

ღ ღ Hallo!
Welcome to the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Shipping General Discussion, where us fans can discuss our favorite fancouplings/shippings. Even if the show isn't romance oriented, us fans can dream right? Hehe.

Anyone is free to come browse around and post as long as the rules are being followed.

Relax, we don't bite. :3

ღ ღ the rules ...

►Follow all Serebii rules and the Shippings FAQ! Come on, you've heard all this by now right? Not that hard.
►Bashing is a negative. Respect is an all time must or chaos will occur.
►Please be respectful to everyone's shippings. Not everyone may like Keiichi x Rena or Keiichi x Mion and have different opinions on who should be with who.
►Try not to double/triple/quadruple/etc. post. Just one is needed. :3
►Avoid one-liners, they're considered spam and are very annoying to deal with.
►Want to post an image? Alright then, just do [img139*]insert-link-here[/*img139]. Although, you better remove the *'s or it won't work.
►Regarding fanarts, please do credit the fanartist.
►Please do stay on topic. That means talking about the latest songs by Ashley Tisdale or what you do in your everyday life.
►If you want to make a new topic, go ahead but don't create one every other minute. Let a number of people answer the current topic before moving on!
►Have fun on the Hinamizawa express!

Pixiv

Tinami

Dabun-doumei

• Search with the Japanese Names for fanart of your favorite couple~

:: Wanna add one? PM me or post with your links!::

I'll add more later. ^^

:: Wanna add one? PM me or post with your links!::[/

Katsu Koneko
  • My little Keiichi Maebara & Rika Furude gallery section.

I'll add more later. ^^

I'll add more later. ^^

1. What is/are your favorite shipping(s) and why?

ღ ღ If you have any Questions, comments or anything else, please feel free to PM me. Now go have fun~

What is/are your favorite shipping(s) and why?

For now I'll just discuss my OTP of the whole series. ^^

KeiRika or KeiRi (Keiichi Maebara x Rika Furude)
One of the lovely underrated couples from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

I love how when Keiichi feels down during their club activities, Rika pats him on the head to make him feel. Keiichi only uses suffix's when addressing Rika-chan which is interesting.

Rika on the other hand, isn't what she seems to be with everyone. She's suffering on the inside from this endless June and in one world decides to give up on surviving all together. Keiichi was one key to her triumph. So when she woke up to the "perfect" world, she realized that he wasn't by her side this time.

In Higurashi Kai episode 6, he told Rika that she can't say "fate can't be changed" so lightly since fate can be changed. ("You can beat fate by yourself"). Keiichi then proved his point by changing the "Kafuka (sp?)" game to another and giving the doll to Mion which prevented one of the bad ends from occuring. This pumped up Rika to the point where she didn't give up and reached her goal to the end of June 1983.

Though during Higurashi Kai episode 13, Keiichi got shot and Rika was probably the most affected (from everyone) of this as she refused to go on in a world where Keiichi isn’t present anymore. Rika had so much fighting spirit because of Keiichi that his death should have created a giant catastrophe for her. Rika in the game version of this wasn’t able to accept this, and even begs Hanyuu about it, wondering if it is really fate. Hanyuu had no choice but to say she had to forget about it.

(Meh...lazy to go on even further)

He was the reason why she reached her goal. He was the one that motivated her to go to the top. He taught her that fate isn't predetermined and they could change it for themselves.

Shadow Ichigo

Left On A Journey
I kinda copied most of the parts from the shipping list xD

Keiichi x Mion: First Season episode 25 was my favorite when Keiichi hugs Mion! I love that part xD. Mion's all blushing while Keiichi is still hugging and apologizing at the same time. Even Satoko was surprised about it. Second part on episode 6 in the second season was when Keiichi gave Mion the doll and again Mion got surprised and blushed at the same time. Sweet moments within those episodes =)

Keiichi x Mion are my top shipping for this series.

Next ones:
Keiichi x Rena - To me its more like a Brother and Sister relationship between these. Most time Keiichi kinda acts like an older brother when Rena see's something that she thinks its cute.
Keiichi x Rika - Katsu-chan already explain the whole reason
Keiichi x Satoko - (New Older Brother and Little Sister Relationship)
Satoshi x Shion - Love at first sight for Shion . And she'll do anything to get him back.
Keiichi x Hanyuu(Older) - Sure its weird for me to like it but who cares. Just wished Hanyuu was older for Keiichi

Status
Not open for further replies.