• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hikara Productions- Modest Sketch Requests

Crystal Hikara

Your Local Art Nab
Well, I've been in a bit of an artistic slump recently, of wanting to draw but not knowing what to draw. So, to help invigorate my brain, I'll open this temporary shop for digital sketches. (Traditional sketches take longer with the scanning and the tweeking I have to do. Digital stuff can be done in a matter of 5-10 minutes,)

Overall Thread Rules:
1) Grammar is a must in this thread, and that gos 4 ur 1337 sp33k l0l. I need to be willing and ready to take a request on sight.
2) Absolutely no whining.
3) Comments concerning someone else's request is welcome so long as you're placing an order yourself.
4) PG, guys.

Concerning My Artwork:
1) No senseless bashin' when you get your picture. Constructive critiques are always welcome though.
2) I work in two major styles; my own and [still learning] Sugimori. If you don't specify, I'll choose what kind of style I want to work in.
3) I'm an aspiring grapic novelist, so a lot of the work I do is experimental to my own style. I'm taking MY time outta the day to do a quick sketch for NOTHING where as other artists do 'em for $5.

Request Rules:
1) By posting, you agree to wait PATIENTLY for a minimum of five days before asking about your request. Those who bother about their request will have their request dropped.
2) I have every right to deny a request for any reason.
3) No artistic nudity/massive blood/swearing/inferred rude and/or suggestive poses/demeaning or political terms-messages. I have dignity as someone that goes to art school. I can do something that's fierce, huge claws, saliva drippin' from their jaws and light blood on claws, though like I said, no crazy mass quantities of sanguine stuff.
4) Just so you know, I seem to have an extremely difficult time of drawing good Mewtwos and Lucarios, not to mention any wolf-like Pokemon. Just so you know, don't be disappointed if you ask me to do one.
5) Pokemon-related onry; fakemon and trainers are allowed. Gijinkas are welcome.
6) If you don't fill out the form, I will not take a request until it has been fixed and reposted. I'm not diving through tons of posts (if any) to find your edited form.
7) Limit one art sketch to a person.
8) I can do actual colored, professional artwork as well, but I require physical Mew TCG cards as payment. PM if interested ONLY- I'm not gonna wheel-and-deal on this thread. Same deal with physical Pokedolls.
9) Credit. Creditcreditcredit. I reserve the right to watermark my images and re-host them if you take em and don't gimme credit. None-o-dat '.' for credit in your sig nonsense, either.
10) Only one sketch request at a time. There will be a waiting list of three people for sketch requests. I will not accept any beyond that. If you post up a request when I'm already working on one sketch and there are three people waiting for their sketches, I will ignore your post. I will not respond to 'hey what about my request' posts unless the form is posted again when there is an open slot.

Misc. Notes:
-I can do colorable, pen-and-ink linearts as well, but I ask that you read my fanfic and give it a meaty critique as thanks. I'll let you see a water-marked image of the lineart you requested before you're expected to post and hand over the un-watermarked image after I see a satisfactory post. You're not expected to continuously post in my fanfic thread, though that would make me extremely happy. :D
-I reserve the right to post any artwork I do up on any art site, color it, etc.
-If I post a custom trainer or fakemon up on another site, I'll give you credit for creating the character BUT NOT for the artwork.
-Simple photomanips are also available, such as changing the colors of a sprite using Sat-Hue or Levels, Gaussian Blur, alpha-tizing a PNG so something is slightly transparent, etc. for banner stock or whatever you need. No banner requests though. For little things like this, you don't have to give me creds.

Examples of sketches:
[1][2](sketch being made into a lineart example)[3]

Examples of linearts:
[1][2]

Examples of other artworks:
[Courtney][Dragon Dance LA][Frenzy Plant][Soft Snow][Pleasant Protector][Ghost in the Storm][...*smack forehead*]

...and there's plenty more where that came from.

The Cool Form:

Screenname: This allows me to get in easy access with you through PM if I need you for something.
Pokemon: Post what Pokemon you want here. Be sure to let me know of any anomalies, such as different colors, different features, etc.! Limit two Pokemon alone in one sketch and one Pokemon for a trainer.
Trainer?: Post up a trainer, if any, you want in the picture. Limit one trainer per sketch, period. I require at MINIMUM a custom sprite and some background information (age, personality, short history) about original trainers.
Style: Sugimori style or my own style? Your choice. If you say 'your style' for a Skarmory, for example, you may get a Skarmory that has feathers like a Pidgey's or Spearow's in the stead of the long feathers found in Sugimori's style. Trainers may look completely different as well.
Lineart?: If you say 'yes', I expect to see your post on Enigmatic Star.
Reference Images: Required for original trainers and Fakemon. I need at least one picture of each, preferrably -not- sprites, though they are acceptable.
Watermark?: You can choose to have my watermark embedded into a sketch somewhere in the stead of giving written credits. If you plan on having someone crop or edit the image and you want the watermark still, let me know and I'll place it around the cropping area and even crop it myself for you. I like to think I'm nice for trying to do that for ya. >.o

Pose?: If you skimp out on this section, you're tellin' me to go crazy and do whatever I want with the trainer. If you want something in a 'fierce pose', then I'll have a better idea of what to do. The more detail you pour into this, the better off you'll be.

List of previous sketch requests:
None thus far.

CURRENT SKETCH REQUEST:
Kamui988

CURRENT LINEART REQUEST:
Emmett_bear

WAITING LIST: 3/3 CLOSED
1)MewtwoReturns, LA
2)-Xu-, SK
3)SacredSwampert, SK

...Hahaha, whatta scheme to get attention for my story...|3 I must be starving for comments or something. Rofl. Anyways, go nuts. Or not. I'm cool either way.

BTW, I use a tablet with Photoshop CS for sketches/coloring and Micron pens (often 005 and 01) for inking, in case you were curious.

Last edited:

Emmett_bear

Live. Laugh. Love.
Screenname: Emmett_bear
Pokemon: Umbreon (doesn't have to be Shiny)
Trainer?: uh, I don't have a sprite, but will artwork work? xD
Ariel (the brunette): http://kriista.deviantart.com/art/star-77589923
Of you can look through my gallery for better references... Her history/info is still under construction, lol. http://kriista.deviantart.com/gallery/#original-art-
Style: I don't know who this Sugomori person is, but you can do in whatever style suits you. :]
Lineart?: yes
Watermark?: yes
Pose?: hmm, well i'm not picky about poses but would you be able to do something "cute"?
Like maybe have the trainer bending over with the pokemon frolicking around or something? haha, i don't know if i'm making sense.

Thank you, and I'll review your fanfiction by tomorrow. :]

Crystal Hikara

Your Local Art Nab
Sweet, first request. Yeah, artwork'll run fine by me. Actually, it is preferred. :D Anyways, I'll get on it. Cute it shall be! I'll hopefully have it done sometime during this week. *edits in*

BTW, Sugimori is the official artist of the Pokemon series. He does all the Pokemon artwork that you find in Nintendo Power guidebooks and the like.

Kamui988

Azami Lover
I don't know if you will do this but I really want a picture done.

Screenname: Kamui988
Pokemon: Obamasnow (Barrak Obama+Abomasnow, obamas head on abomasnows body is prefered, if it's easier for you, you could make an anime obama or something easier. If you don't want to do that, then maybe just abomasnow)
Style: Whichever works ebtter for you
Lineart?: yes
Picture http://secretdeck.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/obamasnow.jpg (something liek this, but a lot better and proportional)
Pose?: Either cute looking or intimidating or angry

I hope this request is good with you, and remember if you don't want to do the obamasnow version (but is prefered), I'll take a regular obamasnow picture.

Thanks, Kam

Kamui988

Azami Lover
Yeah I understand completely (it hit me this morning about the political thing) so I would like to ask for something different:

Screenname: Kamui988
Pokemon: Regigigas
Style: Whichever works better for you
Lineart?: bo
Picture Any picture of regigigas would be ok
Pose?: I would prefer an intimidating/angry type of look

I hope this is much better than my last request

Hello X3 Your artwork is very awesome, I must request!

Screenname: MewtwoReturns
Pokemon: Jolteon with a scar across it's left eye
Style: Your style. I'm curios to see how it looks ^^
Lineart?: Yes
Watermark?: Yes
Pose?: A protective battle stance with claws and fangs exposed. Some blood on the fangs and a little on the chin.

Thank you so much in advance.

I'm reading your fic as we speak X3

Last edited:

-Xu-

Screenname: -Xu-
Pokemon: Wartortle
Style: Completely up to you.
Lineart?: No, just a sketch is fine.
Watermark? Again down to you.
Pose?: Looking kind of tired. In a resting position, maybe it's head on it's paws.
If possible a wristband on one of it's front legs.

Thanks in advance if you choose to take on this request.

EDIT: Reading FF now

Last edited:

SacredSwampert

Herd u liek Pygola?
Sketch Request

Screenname: SacredSwampert
Pokemon: Swampert and Pygola Pygola is the red one on the bottom,.
Trainer?: No
Style: Keep Swampert Sugi-fied but try and draw Pygola the style I use please.
Lineart?: No, I don't even know what "Enigmatic Star" is.
Reference Images: Extra Pygola images are here 3 of them are by artists who did Fanart for me (CFNChris). If you are using those as references, please inform them.
Watermark?: No I'm pretty good with credits. I post the maker's name in italics
Pose?: Swampert on the left, looking down on Pygola, whilst Pygola is on the opposite side looking up at Swampert (Pygola is shorter). Swampert looks somewhat interested and Pygola looks confident but secretly confused.

Thank you,
SacredSwampert

Last edited:

Jasmine Lover

I wuv Jasmine
Hello!
I realy like this! It look Awsome!
I would be delighted if you could do one for me!

Screenname: Jasmine Lover
Pokemon: Can I get a Beautifly Please
Trainer?: http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/11/18/rosalina.jpg She's from super mario galxy... Can you do that...
Style: Um...Your Style is fine!
Lineart?: Ummm...Id say yes but i dont know what Enigmatic Star is...
Watermark?:Yes please!
Pose?:Can you make Rosalina Giggling please and the Beautifly flying around her..
Please and thank you!

Crystal Hikara

Your Local Art Nab
BOOM explosion of activity.

Kamui988: Alright, I'll get on it. Expect it done within the week after I get some images of Regigas.

MewtwoReturns: Accepted, and you're on the waiting list. I'll do yours after Emmette's is completed. Glad to hear someone's reading it finally...>_>

-Xu-: Of course! Yay, I get a good excuse to draw Wartortle. Alright, you're after Kamui for the sketch.

SacredSwampert: Enigmatic Star is my fanfiction, and a link is located in my signature. :p Anyways, I'll do what I can, but I hope you won't mind too much if it goes outta your style. I am a creature of habit...anyways, you'll be after -Xu-.

Jasmine Lover: Sorry, but I'm already filled up with requests. :/ Try again after I clear some slots.

Busy busy busy! And that's all three slots for the waiting list. Thank you all, and for now, we are -closed- until I get these arts done.

SacredSwampert

Herd u liek Pygola?
Fine with me, and thanks for accepting.

*Whew*
Just in time ^^