1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

hilarious rival/character/pokemon names

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by pikapika200, Nov 14, 2018.

1. TokoyamiTheDark

TokoyamiTheDark The Purple Karakasa

Back in DPt/HGSS days I saw a trainer called "DICKson" (yes with the capitals like this) on the GTS...but it is not possible anymore to name people and Pokémon with bad words since Gen 5. I mean, think about WEEDle, nosepASS or coFAGrigus. Bravo Nintendo.

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  2. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

To be fair, Nintendo did change the GTS rules so that those problematic Pokémon could be traded without being nicknamed first. However, I fell foul of this when I caught a Bidoof in Omega Ruby (I think?) and tried to name it Beaver Bank, but it rejected that name. Wonder why? :rolleyes:

3. pikapika200

pikapika200 princess

It is actually possible to name a pokémon murder in gen 6. I did.

4. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff

In Crystal I occasionally like to name Silver Khan for his seemingly cruel and uncaring nature when you first meet him but there is another reason for it which is I play as the female trainer and call her Chaka. So together the names form Chaka Khan.

I think I named my Rival in Yellow Loser once. I definitely remember naming a Gen 1 rival that before but can’t remember which game it was exactly.

5. NovaBrunswick

Wonder how THAT got past the censors. What Pokémon was it? o_O

6. pikapika200

pikapika200 princess

I don't remember. I think it was a Chatot. I later did the same with an Oddish.

7. NovaBrunswick

Remember how in Gen 4, you could record your own voice for Chatot’s Chatter move? The only excuse for that was for people to say rude words and then fall apart with laughter listening back to it. Chatot was even banned from competitive play and tournaments at one time because of this. XD