• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hints of Team Flare rigging the match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tootheorist

There are several posters that said there are hints about Team Flare actually rigging the match to make Alain win.

My question is there any compilations of these so-called hints, just everything, i know at least 2 thing:
- Malva saying Greninja might lost to TRio
- Malva saying It's time when Greninja's orange shuriken happened.

ManishB15

I hope so......

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
TF are watching Ash-Greninja's power and monitoring it. There's no way Malva would've known this and this will happen without inside knowledge. This is all a conspiracy. Is the League MANAGED by the Lysandre Foundation?!

Janovy

Banned
[IMG300]https://delapruch.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/grasping-at-straws.jpg?w=640&h=870[/IMG300]

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Just a thought. What would happen to the Internet should this theory be proven true?

Tootheorist

[IMG300]https://delapruch.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/grasping-at-straws.jpg?w=640&h=870[/IMG300]
I don't mind because the salty inside me actually wants there are hints about TF's rigging. But yeah i'm really grasping it at this moment. Like if they say there are hints, they should be more clear but not BLATANT.

Shadao

It'll be the same like the people who thought that Malamar would return.

Well I did remember excitement of the return of Malamar, but I'm not sure if that's the reaction the fans would have of the news that Team Flare rigged the League.

diakyu

Malva is just a very good Pokemon trainer, she could see the way the battle was actually going.

kanrasan

please lord this is the only thing that could cure my salt. the only way to make it all better. but i wont expect or hope anything from this show. i shouldve known this, from the moment they made ash lose the sinnoh league, perhaps even before that, but this time i have learned.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
please lord this is the only thing that could cure my salt. the only way to make it all better. but i wont expect or hope anything from this show. i shouldve known this, from the moment they made ash lose the sinnoh league, perhaps even before that, but this time i have learned.

Hey, I know you are not very happy about the result, but let's face it. What would have really happened if Ash would've won the league? The writers really did this for a reason, but I will have to admit that the anime staff wasn't very happy with how that turned out. I would like to tell you to give the TF arc a chance, because I see alot of potential of great and/or prehaps some surprises that can happen.

SlimeStack

There must be some bad subs out there because a lot of people are assuming Malva said something suspicious to Team Rocket when she didn't.

She was reporting the battle to the camera and continues to speak when Jessie talks over her. The scene is basically just:

Malva (to the camera): "Could this be the time Greninja loses?"
Jessie: "Greninja, lose? What!?"

But due to the Japanese word order Malva literally says "The moment Greninja lost--", so if you aren't paying enough attention you could translate that very wrong. The grammar of the sentence and Jessie's response shows that Malva is just speaking hypothetically as she commentates the fight for her news coverage.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
There must be some bad subs out there because a lot of people are assuming Malva said something suspicious to Team Rocket when she didn't.

She was reporting the battle to the camera and continues to speak when Jessie talks over her. The scene is basically just:

But due to the Japanese word order Malva literally says "The moment Greninja lost--", so if you aren't paying enough attention you could translate that very wrong. The grammar of the sentence and Jessie's response shows that Malva is just speaking hypothetically as she commentates the fight for her news coverage.

I really don't trust the subs on Youtube. I only wait for the actual translations from Adamant and Sushi.

Shadao

That may be so... if it weren't for the fact that Malva is also a part of Team Flare. And she's personally involved with their affairs (as if her scene with Alain is any indication). A regular reporter is one thing. A confirmed Team Flare member is another.

WaterTypeWarrior

Hey, I know you are not very happy about the result, but let's face it. What would have really happened if Ash would've won the league? The writers really did this for a reason, but I will have to admit that the anime staff wasn't very happy with how that turned out. I would like to tell you to give the TF arc a chance, because I see alot of potential of great and/or prehaps some surprises that can happen.

This. At the end of the day, it's not like winning the League is gonna seriously affect the show in any way if they decide to continue with it. Ash is just gonna keep moving on to his next challenge in a new region regardless of the League's outcome. At least this way, it doesn't feel pointless and redundant and we still have reason to feel excited for the League whenever it comes around again. It's not like they couldn't let Ash win a League and keep the show going, but there are some inherent problems with that and I can understand why it wouldn't be preferable to the anime team.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I still doubt this. It looks like desperation to find any excuse to not accept the battle was legit. As far as I am aware, the battle was legit and both battled fair and square.

SlimeStack

That may be so... if it weren't for the fact that Malva is also a part of Team Flare. And she's personally involved with their affairs (as if her scene with Alain is any indication). A regular reporter is one thing. A confirmed Team Flare member is another.

She was clearly just reporting into the camera in that particular scene though. If you understand the Japanese there's no way to interpret what she says as suspicious.

All the scene does really is set TRio off on an "Ash will definitely win" rant. If she has some sneaky Flare plans going, this scene wasn't part of that.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
This. At the end of the day, it's not like winning the League is gonna seriously affect the show in any way if they decide to continue with it. Ash is just gonna keep moving on to his next challenge in a new region regardless of the League's outcome. At least this way, it doesn't feel pointless and redundant and we still have reason to feel excited for the League whenever it comes around again. It's not like they couldn't let Ash win a League and keep the show going, but there are some inherent problems with that and I can understand why it wouldn't be preferable to the anime team.

I agree with this for the most part.

At the end of the day, while I encourage the Pokecommunity to be excited for and enjoy the anime, it's really not the kind of thing to put major emotional investment in imo. The real highlight of the franchise is the games. Be more invested in those because they have come far with loud bangs.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Seriously, this is still a thing?

I guess I'll just tell one thing. If you are hoping for the league to be rigged by TF, then I would suggest quitting the anime. Hoping for the league to get rigged implies you want to watch Ash win a league no matter what, and that is not happening anytime soon. If anything you should be happy Ash didn't win a league which was so confined with no cameo/reserves, poor pacing, bunch of skipped battles and mediocre battles. Ash should win a league which is not used as a sub-plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.