• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hints of Team Flare rigging the match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Seriously, this is still a thing?

I guess I'll just tell one thing. If you are hoping for the league to be rigged by TF, then I would suggest quitting the anime. Hoping for the league to get rigged implies you want to watch Ash win a league no matter what, and that is not happening anytime soon. If anything you should be happy Ash didn't win a league which was so confined with no cameo/reserves, poor pacing, bunch of skipped battles and mediocre battles. Ash should win a league which is not used as a sub-plot.

I mean seriously, some people on here are very desperate nowadays because of Ash losing...I have already moved on from the loss. There are more important things in life than this.

If you're just going to tell people off for theorising then I believe the one who should quit anything should be you quiting the thread. \('w')/

Tbh I personally don't believe in the theory and feel like Ash-Greninja going down so easily is the product of bad writing to create false tension, and the main bit of evidence (the focus on the sun after Rain Dance ran out) could be explained away by the fact that it's to illustrate clearly that Rain Dance wore off full as well as the fact that it just looks good.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Satoshi didn't deserve the victory anyway

"It's raining!"

*Uses Cut*

"Rain stops"

-

"Let's use an inexperienced jobber baby dragon with a 4x weakness to Ice against a speed demon Ice-type."

-

*Steel-typing, speedy, Kirkizan*

*Sends out big slowass, non-fire breathing Dragon instead of speedy frog with Dark-typing*

Let's use a dragon against a knight, gee, I wonder who would win? His fight against Shouta's Fairy might have made him too cocky in his "type advantages don't mean everything!" shtick despite the fact he had a Pikachu that could've killed Peroream with ease.

-

*Doesn't use Pikachu against Flying-type Pokemon he has experience dealing with and has always been successful against in battle*

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
The rigging sounds probable. It's actually a little fantasy of mine that this happened but I doubt the writers made it THAT complicated. However I remember Pikachu52 stating that he/she believed Malva let Alain beat her on purpose and had some evil reason as to why. So it's possible but I highly doubt it's going to be a thing.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
What about the match itself looked even remotely sketchy?

I've seen some conspiracy that Chairzard's bulk is unnatural, but we accept BS like Sceptile losing to a X4 resisted Water Shuriken, or little Pikachu enduring Rock Slide, Meteor Mash, Crunch, and Flamethrower before going down, or Metagross getting dropped by Iron Tail of all things, etc., so?

Last edited:

quiz_master

I Personally Just watched the fight again, I see now obvious evidence of rigging however that said, i'm 100% confident Alain had nothing personally do with rigging but TF could have we've seen a bit higher level of technology in this season compared to previous ones(TR traps for example haven't always been the hole in the ground), i could see TF having something implanted in that collar around Charizard to do something absorb energy etc. So I honestly can see this going either way, could be rigged by TF without Alain knowing or perhaps Ash's Greninja is just too weak....

quiz_master

I think TF rigged this match 'cause if it did the result of the final will be overturned

Personally I don't think they will overturn the results, I really think (IF this is true) when Alain Finds out he'll want a rematch and they might set it up as a 1 on 1 fight with the league title on the line again(ok wishful thinking i know), and ash will finally win but we won't know more till later :p

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
I think TF rigged this match 'cause if it did the result of the final will be overturned

If TF does indeed rigged this match, then I would have to agree, the final result would have to be overturned; however, I am going to keep my expectations low for the TF arc so we can see what we get out of this arc.

quiz_master

If TF does indeed rigged this match, then I would have to agree, the final result would have to be overturned; however, I am going to keep my expectations low for the TF arc so we can see what we get out of this arc.

again i don't think they would overturn it, if anything Alain would volunteer for a rematch 1 on 1 vs ash greninja for the title of Kalos League Champion with the league behind the rematch

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
again i don't think they would overturn it, if anything Alain would volunteer for a rematch 1 on 1 vs ash greninja for the title of Kalos League Champion with the league behind the rematch

Hmm...good speculation. That would be more appropriate.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I would have seen the rigging if there was. I didn't so it is unlikely to be true unless they somehow keeping it a secret which I doubt.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I would have seen the rigging if there was. I didn't so it is unlikely to be true unless they somehow keeping it a secret which I doubt.
If you wanted to rig something, wouldn't you, ya know, try not to do it out in the open?

Tootheorist

If you wanted to rig something, wouldn't you, ya know, try not to do it out in the open?
Yes indeed. But we are outside of the realm, so there should have been a more clear hints about the rigging possibility. Unless Alain's device purposely makes his CHarizard stronger.

I do think Alain NEVER realize the match has been rigged/unfair.

quiz_master

Yes indeed. But we are outside of the realm, so there should have been a more clear hints about the rigging possibility. Unless Alain's device purposely makes his CHarizard stronger.

I do think Alain NEVER realize the match has been rigged/unfair.

IF the rigging is True Alain had zero knowledge of it, theres no way with Alain personality he would cheat, however TF is a different story Lysandre probably had that charizards necklace made and would easily have been able to hide something in it. and it doesn't necessarily have to make charizard stronger if its designed to absorb instead

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
IF the rigging is True Alain had zero knowledge of it, theres no way with Alain personality he would cheat, however TF is a different story Lysandre probably had that charizards necklace made and would easily have been able to hide something in it. and it doesn't necessarily have to make charizard stronger if its designed to absorb instead

the speculation all comes down to the fact that his Charizard suddenly had massive bulk and power that it didn't have previously when AG un-mastered managed to get the thing to it's knees.

I think that's why people suspect cheating, especially since TF did design Alain's bracelet to somehow absorb mega evo energy so it's theorized that they could've pushed some of that energy back into Charizard so it could take Greninja down.

IF this crazy theory somehow does prove to be true, and that's a big if, something is going to happen after TF is taken down.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Alain gave his Charizard steroids. He cheated! Lol...
Seriously though. Nothing was rigged... Ash lost fair and square.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
At first this was just funny. Then it got annoying. Now its just plain sad. God I can't imagine how some of you deal with real life if the Pokemon anime of all things set you off like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.