• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

History of Everything Serebii! We Need Your Input!

book.jpg

Welcome one, welcome all, to the one and only, first of it's kind thread going way back into the history of Serebii, SPPF, Serebiiforums, Joe Merrick himself, and everything in between.

We're looking for veteran members who can give all the details in Serebii's best, worst, and most ridiculous moments of history, so myself and some others can compile it into the all-knowing Sereclopedia.

When I say ask for Serebii.net's history, I mean the major dates of important things happening. For instance, Something as large as the PokeExperto/Serebii/GameFaqs Ordeal, to something as small as the very recent two-day server crash.

SerebiiForums history is expected to be very, very vast. We want to have all of the records compiled about all of the revolts, scandals, moderator faux-pas (...slip-ups) etc. We're looking for in-depth recollections of the infamous Jay/Facetious feud, maybe something as unnoticed as the Spriteright3/Kirby-SmashBrosBrawl-Thread ordeal. Of course, the VERY recent Competitive Battling screw-up will be included...

When I say Serebii Joe's history, I mean his past dates and details of creation of the original Serebii site, maybe some childhood info. I have a bunch of information about him already that only a stalker would know, but I'm a damn good stalker, so this is the place to do it. I have his damn address, I know that he's a sci-fi television addict (he's an avid fan of Stargate Atlantis, Futurama, etc.), I know that he imported his first ever Pokemon game from the U.S. after his pal Dave showed him the game, and I know how his July birthday is the same as my mother's.

We're looking for​

A) Loads of info about any of the mentioned topics (and more, if it's relevant)

B) More helpers who will assist myself and a few other members in compiling the data and making it huge

C) More stalking-extremists like myself​

to build this up as much as possible.

Please, if you contribute or not, put this:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn150/serebii2/book.jpg[/[SIZE=3]*[/SIZE]IMG]
(remove the asterisk)

in your signature, and help spread the word.

Thank you, veteran and new SPPF members alike.[/CENTER]​

In a way, Joe has made your job easier since he archives all his news going back to 2000. Any of the "events" such as Joe vs. Melkor/Archaic/whoever is just pointless e-drama.

Although I am quite sad and therefore would love the idea of a pointless e-drama, there is the fact that some of the people involved in these feuds and flame wars that you want to involve may not want to be paraded around in some kind of "Serebii's box O' memories" thread.

Also do we really need personal information about Joe that only some kind of psycopathic serial killer would want to know? No one really needs his exact address as that would probably lead to drunken housecalls and people writing "I LUV U SERIBEEE" on his walls with spray paint. The information on his profile will do.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Yeah. Don't add the e-drama, please. Especially BMG vs SPP as I was caught in the middle and that caused me to leave both places for a while. Rather not relive that and all the other drama on this board.

God...Joe would not agree to this.

*shakes head*

Just use the archive and good luckk finding the other vets around here. Horrible. Just horrible. There's one thing to make a wiki for homestar runner as it has toons and all that fun stuff. But, this is too much like being into a site.

Last edited:

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
Well, I heard that Serebii destroyed the website in 2004.
(Just kidding!)

I think this is a great idea, and maybe it could go on the main site as a historical document when complete.
Although I think it should be just about the site and forums.
We don't need to go in Sereii's personal life.

Last edited:

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Serebii didn't destroy the site in 04. We had a DDOS attack in 2003 that wrecked the server. Then we had to reboot in January 2004. Hmm maybe this is needed after all so the record can be set straight.

Unbiased history's hard to find. Remember, Jean-Luc...history is written by the victor.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Serebii didn't destroy the site in 04. We had a DDOS attack in 2003 that wrecked the server. Then we had to reboot in January 2004. Hmm maybe this is needed after all so the record can be set straight.

Unbiased history's hard to find. Remember, Jean-Luc...history is written by the victor.

Lol.

Obsession much? This sounds pretty silly imo

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Indeed.

It's one thing to make a wiki based on Homestarrunner.com for example. They have a long history and content like toons, games and the like. This is just insane though.

I'd take part in it because I know a lot about what happened. I introduced Joe to Sinko. I banned Yami. I was there for a lot of things. Some I'm proud of and some I am not. Really not sure about some things coming out.

Like the Houndour incident. *sigh* I can tell you RIGHT now that needs to be omitted because of certain people involved.

There are just some things people don't need to know. We'd be hardpressed to find unbiased information like Joe wants. You want to do this, then there's certain people you'd have to talk to that were there and to be honest, you might not like what you find.

Oh and Mew, I talked to Drat about this. He thinks this is hilarious. Going to see what Trip and Dani think when I see them.

Bottom line is this: Too much sh!t went down. Us vets bar Joey probably don't want to rehash stuff. I could list everything from my POV if asked nicely. But, only if asked nicely. I was there for a lot of it and I'm really not sure about this tell-all book. There's just too much. So much that BMG would have to be notified, too.

LX

Last edited:

firepokemon

Fire and Ice
LOL.

Serebii was a 12/13 year old kid.

Serebii was a retarded and very fat 12/13 year old kid.

Serebii went to TPM and made people go to his site, help on his site and go to his chat room that was empty.

Serebii was still a fat kid.

Serebii gets told off for copying Pokemon Crystal animations that he thought he was allowed. TPMers laugh at Serebii.

Serebii leaves TPM and continues on his site. Where he will meet Altomare Latios who provides a movie guide (no idea if this is that accurate).

TPM dies due to server costs being high and PokeMaster Kevin stops caring.

Serebii continues to work on his site and soon becomes big.

Serebii hires many people from elsewhere such as BMG to be mods etc one of those is Dratini927. (I have no idea if he was from BMG to start off with or what).

Site gets attacked and dies.

Site comes back.

Serebii fights with other members of the forum and chat. Serebii gets through it.

Serebii starts fighting with BMG. BMG has a wiki Serebii tells them they need more.

Somewhere along the line we get the site and forums and chat we have now though the chat shifts from server to server including being kicked from dejatoons.

Serebii goes to the doctors and is told he is one fat ****er so Serebii starts losing weight and gets a social life (did he have a social life before or what I do not know).

At some stage WPM tries to get Serebii closed down. Hence those two being *****y at each other from that incident and still today including both posting the stupid fake sky forme shaymin.

Serebii gets Platinum information. Serebii announces a project is on its way.

End of history Serebii is now 22 years of age no longer fat actually has a life and is half-way decent but still a **** and runs the most successful pokemon site on the internet.

End of story.

The future:

A 50 year old Serebii has regained all his fat and then some, he sits at home on the computer talking to 10 year olds and updates his site that has fallen to 10 visitors a day.

(Lame but I don't care).

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Actually an official unbiased history would be good. firepokemon wrote annual histories of The Pokemasters forums, which followed the creation of the site and forums up to the times he posted them and they were very interesting. It's good for people to read and learn from so we can avoid stupid rumours like "I heard Serebii destroyed the site" and that memorable topic in Misc "I heard Serebii was killed in a train accident".

EDIT - Ironic that firepokemon posts while I'm writing this post. *shrug*

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Damn, fp. You're slipping. But, you did cover enough stuff from your POV. Glad we don't need to get into TPM. Please let's not. LOL.

LX

Edit: Dan. You and your logic. How much do you think I myself might have to tell? I remember a lot and I know you do too. And you do have a point. It would avoid stupid rumors.

Okay fine. What do you want to know? How I banned 100 people Feb 2004 in the infamous Valentine's Day massacre? I suppose it'd be good to clear the air. But, only basic stuff. Nothing personal. Dan, I gotta PM ya.

Last edited:

firepokemon

Fire and Ice
I'm not having an intelligent day :(

And seriously I am a history of pokemon communities freak and am very disappointing this forum has no sort of history. Some people hate that stuff, I am personally a huge fan of them. Many of you have been at this forum for years now I'm sure you can come up with something. Personally I would focus it more on the forums and less about Serebii himself and the site. Not that there isn't a story in that. But the forums are the main interaction piece of the site and therefore has more angles one can talk about. That and shouldn't history be about people and not one individual. Serebii may have made the forum but its the people that really make it. Thus focus energies there. Its not like there isn't stories to tell.

Ok, FP, you're right.

Good thing this is just the initiation thread.

Ledian X, I actually didn't know you were ever a moderator to begin with, which is exactly why we should have a thread like this.

Please, do elaborate on these types of things. I know you've obviously been here quite a while (that includes you and firepokemon) so it would be very appreciated if you contributed your knowledge to this whole project.

I know it's a bit of an inconvenience, but it's interesting stuff to a lot of people including myself (and FP and RazorLeaf apparently, for that matter), so you'd be doing your community a good deed :)

And all of those things that people talk about and other people go,
"Oh, PLEASE don't talk about that, that was sooo horrible!"
Those are exactly the things we want to hear about!
That includes BMG, the alleged "Houndour" ordeal (which I know nothing about), etc.

This was a wonderfull thing we had back in PokemonCraters Creation, and it ended up keeping the site alive for more than a year more than it would have (not that anything like what happened there could possibly happen here)

EDIT:

Any contributions to the compilation should be in the following format:

Approximate Date:
Information:

It can't be any easier than that.

I obviously won't be posting everything posted by others on the front post (Postpostpostpost), that's because I'll be documenting it in a temporary html timeline, until we can sort out every miscontstrusion, inconsistancy, and bias, and when we feel we have a sigificant amount of info.

And yes, I'll be focusing on the Forums aspect.

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
I've wondered what this site was like before I arrived. There are, what, more than five years' worth of history here? It'd be nice to look back through the lens of time. ^_^

This isn't a completely awful idea, I guess.