• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

History of Everything Serebii! We Need Your Input!

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Jay is not female

Jay is not female

Really? He must have pretended to be one then. I was lead to that conclusion by some of the weird posts he made.

Is jay facetious?
(WHY AM I CURSED AS A NOOB ;-; )
and why was he not banned?

He's unbannable, but thats a story for another day. And yes Jay is Facetious.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
I just won't name names then. Will that make ya happy? Or how about changing the names then? Actually, ya changing the names for a few incidents may be best.

Joe's tried banning Jay thousands of times. He keeps coming back. We can mention Jay as he is still around. I don't think the people involved in other such drama would appreciate information spread about them. So, that's why the names should be possibly changed.

LX

Last edited:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I just won't name names then. Will that make ya happy? Or how about changing the names then? Actually, ya changing the names for a few incidents may be best.

Joe's tried banning Jay thousands of times. He keeps coming back. We can mention Jay as he is still around. I don't think the people involved in other such drama would appreciate information spread about them. So, that's why the names should be possibly changed.

LX

One thing I've never understood: how is Facetious unbannable? How could he keep coming back?

Leon

From what I understand, Proxies. And a vast knowledge of them at that.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
From what I understand, Proxies. And a vast knowledge of them at that.

But when someone's banned, it bans their IP address. Proxys don't fix that, do they?

And why is it whatever secret Jay figured out nobody else has? As many people come here, you'd think several are computer whizzes and could be unbannable if they wanted. Why haven't they done anything?

Naxte

But when someone's banned, it bans their IP address. Proxys don't fix that, do they?
Yes, they do; that's the point of proxies. They mask your IP address by having the proxy load the webpage for you and then sending you the webpage after it's loaded it, and thus the proxy's IP address is the only one the forum notices.

And why is it whatever secret Jay figured out nobody else has? As many people come here, you'd think several are computer whizzes and could be unbannable if they wanted. Why haven't they done anything?
It's more that most people simply get bored of it after a while and stop bothering. That and there probably are more people like him who got banned and then avoid it via new account and proxy, but aren't notice because they stay low-key and don't give themselves away.

Last edited:

Swampy

Crack the Skye
Jay was just persistent; anyone and everyone who knows the first thing about the internet could do what Jay did. He's not some excellent hacker, he's just a darned fool who liked what he did. :p

Which is why I never understood the whole "JAY IS UNBANNABLE SO HE MUST BE AWESOME" thing.

Sure he gets credit for being persistent (I would've grown bored after the 7th proxy), but other than that? I mean really.

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
Okay, guys, the whole 3rd page of this thread has turned into a Facetious discussion.

You know, until yesterday, I didn't even know that someone besides Serebii updated on the main site.
That's why we need to do this.

BTW, what's "The password thing"?

EDIT: Likewise, Spire.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
You know, until yesterday, I didn't even know that someone besides Serebii updated on the main site.
That's why we need to do this.
EDIT: Likewise, Spire.

?!?
I didn't know that until you mentioned it. WHo else updates? As far as I've seen, its always Serebii.
Like you said, that's why we need this.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
It is only Joe that updates. But, back in the early days, Ninetales3001 helped.

How about we compromise. History of facts. NO DRAMA. Just facts. Capiché? Sure it'd be "boring" but guess what? Some people don't WANT to relive some of the crap that went down. The main thing that should be off limits is the SPP-BMG war. Why?

Because it isn't a good idea. Got it?

Good.

LX

Last edited:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
It is only Joe that updates. But, back in the rearly days, Ninetales3001 helped.

How about we compromise. History of facts. NO DRAMA. Just facts. Capiché? Sure it'd be "boring" but games what? Some people don't WANT to relive some of the crap that went down. The main thing that should be off limits is the SPP-BMG war. Why?

Because it isn't a good idea. Got it?

Good.

LX

But a lot of people DO want to know what the heck you guys are talking about. Post the stuff, but only unbaised facts.

And if you don't want to "relive" it, then don't read it. -_-