• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hit Your Mark, Aura! Ash and the Mysterious Egg!! (1110)

Basically half of the episode was about Riolu getting beaten in his first few minutes of life. It is gonna have permanent brain damage.
It was the one picking fights so...
And with that the fetish of a thousand anime fanfic writers is fulfilled.
No it is just the start.

On Topic: That Onix had a nice moveset. Ash should have caught it even if just for the sake of catching of it.

Riolu is very much like Scraggy but it can deal damage to its opponents. That's a step up.

Edit: I am not happy about how Riolu just threw Pikachu to the side during the battle and Pikachu didn't even get angry. At least when Charizard burned its tail it revolted. Maybe the current treatment is because of Riolu being a baby and all.

Last edited:

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
On the one hand, Riolu is god-tier love.

On the other hand; wouldn't this have made more sense for Ash to have a Riolu during the Diamond & Pearl series? XD

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
On Topic: That Onix had a nice moveset. Ash should have caught it even if just for the sake of catching of it.
Nah, it would’ve made more sense if Go caught it after catching up to them since Onix doesn’t really fit Ash’s usual pokémon

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Satoshi having aura abilities was not referenced and I think him sensing Riolu was more about Riolu sending waves at him than him having an ability (Later he even says that he thought Riolu was calling for him which is why he was happy to hear that the egg had refused to hatch for so long, as if it was waiting for him).
Well it certainly wasn't a one-way thing, since Riolu felt something from Ash too. Whatever that is, Riolu liked it.

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
I'd be able to tolerate one that isn't some generic stoic guardian.
True that. Though "The One Who Shall Not Be Named"'s Lucario had a somewhat energetic personality in BW.

Was the fact that this episode aired on Easter just a coincidence lol?

What an Easter blessing this was too because this episode was great. I love Riolu already.
I feel it must have been planned, too convenient of timing.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Because of the Easter eggs thing.
I didn’t think Japan celebrated Easter seeing as how they only celebrate Christmas from the commercial aspect

DatsRight

Let's see now... Ash caught himself a Gengar, which makes up for the fact he never actually owns Haunter. Ash now caught a Riolu, which makes up for all the teases of Ash getting a Riolu/Lucario since the 8th movie. At this rate, he'll properly catch Larvitar and get an Espeon in the near future. ;)

Maybe they'll REALLY go for the unreachable here and let him finally catch a DUNSPARCE. :D

Garbodor.

Given this Riolu's personality, I can definitely see it wanting a battle with Korrina's lucario. Even though the Korrina episode is not that far away, could it evolve during that episode? Maybe.

I can see this Riolu turning into a powerhouse Lucario. I want them to do great things with Ash's aura powers. Welcome to the team Riolu!!!

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
So Riolu is headstrong, reckless, and bloodthirsty.

This is my kind of newly hatched pokemon.

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
Given this Riolu's personality, I can definitely see it wanting a battle with Korrina's lucario. Even though the Korrina episode is not that far away, could it evolve during that episode? Maybe.

I can see this Riolu turning into a powerhouse Lucario. I want them to do great things with Ash's aura powers. Welcome to the team Riolu!!!
I don't think it will evolve during that episode, I feel it would more so be inspired by Korrina's Lucario. Also I feel the episode will also be a way to strengthen Ash's bond with Riolu, since I think the direction they are going with in regards to Ash's Riolu's personality, is that Riolu in the games needs a max happiness stat in order to evolve, so they have made it initially cold towards Ash. I expect it to lighten up as time goes by, but still retain it's scrappy and confident demeanour.