• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan?

Endless_Winters

Frostbite Kisses
Im having trouble deciding on which pokemon to choose. Which is more powerful, better moveset? Which do you recommend and why? All answers are appreciated. ;107;

Lee, but 'chan will be better in D/P because of the elemental punches.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
Hitmonlee is better. Excellent Atk, Good Spd, SpDef

3rd Gen, Hitmonlee
4th Gen, Probably Hitmonchan

Watermaniac

My 1st shiny ever
i always pick hitmonchan, but never use it, so i have no idea

hitmonchan has the elemental punches though

WhyteMage

I might prefer Hitmonlee, but I dont' use either of them.
Lee has better moves, and stats overall. But Chan makes a teriffic comeback in 4th gen.

If you don't plan on using them, I would recommend Hitmonchan for the elemental punches. Not to use them in battle, but for breeding purposes. If you breed Hitmonchan with a female pokemon that it can breed with, it should know the elemental punches. I did this with my Electabuzz.

XRay

---what I'm getting
If you don't plan on using them, I would recommend Hitmonchan for the elemental punches. Not to use them in battle, but for breeding purposes. If you breed Hitmonchan with a female pokemon that it can breed with, it should know the elemental punches. I did this with my Electabuzz.

Yeah, but if he chooses hitmonlee he can get hitmonchan through breeding, too, and get the elemental punches that way... Since hitmonlee has a way better moveset for the thir gen, I'd go with it - and I do, too XD

Plusle Frontier

A fresh start
Hitmonchan is cooler but I still prefer Hitmonlee. Hitmonlee can also be usefull in 4th gen UU's. Hitting really hard with Reversal+Reckless+STAB.

Kalosian

So long
Hitmonlee is better.
though if it is only for pokedex preferences, you should take 'chan since 'lee is easier to evolve from Tyrogue.

Jeraldo

Plays with his wii
I always pick Hitmochan because of his punches. He can learn all the different types.

Just for all of your information, you should take a look at Hitmonchan's base stat for Special Attack in the Pokedex before you consider using the elemental punches with him in battle. You may want to think twice about that. It's still a good idea for breeding though.

And actually, XRay, I chose Hitmonlee and bred to get Hitmonchan. Now I'm thinking that I could've gotten the punches earlier, but didn't think to do it.

Just for all of your information, you should take a look at Hitmonchan's base stat for Special Attack in the Pokedex before you consider using the elemental punches with him in battle. You may want to think twice about that. It's still a good idea for breeding though.

And actually, XRay, I chose Hitmonlee and bred to get Hitmonchan. Now I'm thinking that I could've gotten the punches earlier, but didn't think to do it.

True, though a lot of people mentioning hitmonchan mentioned him because in D/P, the elemental punches should be based on attack, rather than special - each move, regardless of element is based on what makes sense for the move (eg. no more bite being special attack.)

Really? Ooh, I don't like the sound of that... I like it when everything's consistent. Oh well, I don't plan on getting DP anyway...