• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hitmontop help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torchedgirl

charizard hugger
I have a tyrouge fully evd but his attack is 19 points higher than defense! I can't use any irons on him since he has all 510 evs. :(
current stats:
Level 25
Attack: 46
Defense: 30

luminum

That sucks. You should have evolved it, then given it EVs.

You can use EV-reducing berries to remove Attack EVs until Attack and Defense are equal, then train them back once it's evolved.

leafpower

That sucks. You should have evolved it, then given it EVs.

You can use EV-reducing berries to remove Attack EVs until Attack and Defense are equal, then train them back once it's evolved.

Which berries are those??

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
We have a help thread for this kind of question - try that next time :)

I have a tyrouge fully evd but his attack is 19 points higher than defense! I can't use any irons on him since he has all 510 evs. :(
current stats:
Level 25
Attack: 46
Defense: 30

Like what luminum said, use the EV-reducing berries.
Since you need to reduce the Attack, then it is Kelpsy Berry that you should use.
You might ends up having to use more than 1, though.

Also, after it does not want to eat the Kelpsy anymore, if the Attack stat is still higher, give it Defense EV to even it up.

Then after it evolve to Hitmontop, you can erase any Defense EV with Qualot Berry, and give it more Attack EV.

Which berries are those??

http://serebii.net/berrydex-dp/

#21-26

Chimecho3000

If you don't want to waste your effort into EV training, you could make that Tyrogue a Hitmonlee (assuming you don't have one yet) and just breed a new one for Hitmontop. It also saves you using your EV reducing berries (or having to obtain/plant them if you don't have any).

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
But if Tyrouge has more than 100 EVs in Attack, then the first Kelpsey Berry you use will drop it to 100 EVs (did it with a Torkoal once, dropped his Defense from about 216 to 183 or something like that).

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Use the Official Help Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.