• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hmm... isn't THIS ironic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
Has anybody happened to notice how discussing GS or AR cheats are against the rules on the forum, and Joe hates cheating and yet under the Red/Blue page on the main site there is an entire section dedicated to GS cheats? I smell a bit of hypocrisy there.. It just strikes me as a bit strange.

D

Deleted member 133172

Hrrrmmm....

That is rather strange, allthough I don'#t think this is teh right section :|

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
Oh my bad I just considered this to be Pokemon in general. But yes, I don't get why Joe would include cheats on the main page when they are so heavily frowned upon and not allowed on the forums.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I can't vouch for any members of the site's staff personally, but the fact that codes are only listed for the first gen games seems to speak volumes. Why, when there are cheating devices available for every generation of Pokemon games we have, are there not codes listed for more recent games? Think about it. If you're using Gameshark codes for Red and Blue, you're probably just messing around, not cheating before a big tournament.

Just my guess as to why the codes are still there.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
I could also be using gameshark cheats just to mess around on Heart Gold, could I not? I mean why not just amend the rule a little to allow discussion of gameshark cheats for non competitive purposes only?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Also, I think he just forgot about it.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I could also be using gameshark cheats just to mess around on Heart Gold, could I not? I mean why not just amend the rule a little to allow discussion of gameshark cheats for non competitive purposes only?

Because it's a controversial topic that leads to pointless arguments, much like topics that are likewise restricted or forbidden on this forum. Better to do away with the whole thorny issue. There are plenty of other forums online to discuss cheating, I'm sure. Don't like it? Too bad. That's how it is.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
Because it's a controversial topic that leads to pointless arguments, much like topics that are likewise restricted or forbidden on this forum. Better to do away with the whole thorny issue. There are plenty of other forums online to discuss cheating, I'm sure. Don't like it? Too bad. That's how it is.

No forum will ever avoid controversial topics. It just doesn't work that way. Also I don't have an issue with the rule. I have an issue with the double standards that I've noticed.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
No forum will ever avoid controversial topics. It just doesn't work that way. Also I don't have an issue with the rule. I have an issue with the double standards that I've noticed.

You're totally right. There's no way to avoid a forum's users arguing about something, but it's almost without fail that when hacks and cheats are brought up, bickering will result. I think that even if cheats for Red and Blue are online, it's best not to get into too many discussions about them, just for this fact.

But, I dunno. The mod that eventually locks this thread will likely have more insight as to the issue than I do.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
It isn't irony that Joe forgot about that section... that isn't even a coincidence!

Remember in The Gift of the Magi, when the girl sells her hair to buy a chain for her boyfriend's watch, but he sells his watch to buy combs for the girl's hair? Now that's irony.

Profesco

gone gently
If you'd like to complain about perceived double standards, you'd do well to take your business to the site discussion section.

noobers, you're funny~ XD

D

Deleted member 133172

Oh my bad I just considered this to be Pokemon in general. But yes, I don't get why Joe would include cheats on the main page when they are so heavily frowned upon and not allowed on the forums.

I don't know if that was sarcasm, but either way I thought this would be better in the site discussion.

Anyway, considering red and blue are very old, it makes sense.

I THINk the site was made before the forums, if not it does't make much sense, but he would have put in the cheats, and tehn what? Three years later, he goes against cheats? I dunno TBH...

This is one of those topics when you just hope joe posts :p

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
Yes, I would like to know if it's just old stuff he forgot about(most likely), or he just doesn't care if it's old stuff or what. And no it wasn't sarcasm, just had a brainfart and didn't post in in site discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.