• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ho-oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralititan

Why does Ash always see him at the beginning of a new journey. And what is his connection to humans and Lugia. Is Ho-oh the guardian of the skies?

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
This should really be in the anime discussion.

Ash sees Ho-oh because he is deeply connected to it and Lugia, as Ash is the 'Chosen One'.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I thought Ho-oh represented the sun....

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Strange, I thought it represented reincarnation and revival, since it reincarnated the legendary dogs.

And the revival can mean the revival of a journey for Ash or something, I don't know...

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Ho-oh appears to Ash because Ash is a kind and loving trainer and isn't willing to give up easily, even for his Pokemon. He was trying to defend Pikachu from a bunch of Spearow even though Pikachu hated him and thought he was stupid. Not all trainers all willin to do that.

Also, he's connected to Lugia because he was the "Chosen One", why, I think it's because the same reason that he sees Ho-oh.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Perhaps Ho-oh has some link with Ash,and appears to bring luck.Either that or Ash is just very lucky

Torpoleon

Ho-oh appeared on the first ep and when Ash lost to Brandon once.What if there is a connection?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
We should immortalize that quote, so that everyone the world over can see.

How many posts like Mitchman's have been made in the past 48 hours? I lost count around 231.

Last edited:

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
Ho-oh represent a phoenix, which represents reincarnation.
Ash either saw it because:
A. Ho-oh is the reincarnation of Ash's father.
B. they wanted to showcase a generation 2 legendary that no one knew about and it just sorta became Ash's inspiration because of that.

Anime-Ash

Actually according to that Pokemon interview with Masamitsu Hidaka, the Pokemon Anime Director, Ho-Oh only appears to Ash to show that Ash is a very special trainer compared to other Pokemon trainers.

DarkDragonite.

You see Ho-Oh is symbolic of Ash's Dream. It is a bright burning flame that will eventually be extinguished and removed from the face of the earth. Ash will soon lose to Paul and then we shall see if theres that strange bird in the sky.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
At first, Ho-oh was known as a Gold/unknown Pokemon, now it's the rainbow and dawn pokemon.

So, I agree, Ho-Oh shows Ash as the chosen one.

HoennMaster

Maybe Mitchman is related to Dattebayo?

Actually, only once has Ho-Oh appeared at the start of a journey. Its second appearance was before Ash decided to go to Hoenn, and he was already well into his journey the third time.

EnteiFirecracker

Destiny Calls
It's because Ash is the 'Chosen One' and he is, in some way, intertwined with Ho-Oh as Fate wanted him to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.